Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Susheela BawaYour feedback matters!
I am pregnant and its my 5 month complete and sixgh running can I eat anjeer what will be its effects.
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mood disorder that affects one's interaction and relationships with others. It generally develops during adolescence and persists into adulthood. It has been seen that those with a traumatic history of neglect or emotional, physical or sexual abuse are more prone to developing it. Though it affects people varyingly, these are some symptoms that help diagnose BPD.
1. Emotional instability - Intense feelings of rage, sorrow, anger, guilt and emptiness or loneliness are experienced by some sufferers of BPD. Extreme mood swings, lasting for a short span of time, are common in BPD. They may also have issues with their self-image where they cannot place themselves and don't know what they feel about themselves or who they are.
2. Disturbing thoughts - One may experience disturbed thinking and the range of severity is rather wide. One may question his or her existence and need constant reassurance to believe other, or hear voices that tell one to harm oneself or others. In some cases, hallucination and developing delusional beliefs become a common phenomenon that greatly upset the mental condition of the sufferer.
3. Impulsive behavior - Indulging in impulsive behavior is a common sign of BPD. Those suffering from BPD may develop suicidal tendencies and threaten to self-harm. Partaking in risky and irresponsible behavior such as gambling, drinking, drug abuse, having unprotected sex with strangers, going on unrestrained shopping sprees and shoplifting are not uncommon for those with BPD.
4. Intense but unstable relationships - Sufferers of BPD live in a fear of abandonment and feel that the people they love might leave them. They make all possible efforts to prevent being left alone. They may beg, cling and track their loved ones to avoid being left alone. The opposite may also occur and sufferers might feel that they are being smothered by others. This results in actively pushing away loved ones. A combination of these feelings leads sufferers to give out mixed signals which is confusing and often hurts them and their loved ones.
Related Tip: What Really Causes Personality Disorders?
My girlfriend feels she is pregnant. She is suffering with pcos which means she has irregular period how to know if she is pregnant? And after how many days should she take a pregnancy test because she doesn't get period. And till how many weeks can an abortion pill be taken?
Hi, me 1 month pregnant hu our me abhi is ke liye ready nahi hu our ye mere 1 pregnancy he so agar me abortion karvalu to mujhe baad me next pregnancy me koi problem to nahi hota na please help me.
Hello doctors I want to ask you that my wife gave birth a baby boy on 1st Nov 2016. Our baby was premature and now he is 2 months ols. My concern is that his mother not able to produce her milk. So we are feeding him cow milk. So o want to ask if there is any treatment to produce mother milk so we can feed our son his mother milk instead of top feed. Kindly give suggestion. Dinesh jaipur.
I am 19 years old. During periods I suffer a lot with back bone pain too much (1st day. Please suggest the measures to prevent it and reasons why such pain occurs however this pain did not occur before, it started from approximately from 6 months. Does it leads to any serious problem.
Remedies for Staying Healthy in Summers
Have a quick look at some health tips for staying healthy during summers.
Include Tulsi Seeds - Use tulsi seeds in your drink. This has good cooling effects.
Yogurt - Yogurt and other low-fat dairy products will also help you remain cool and provide you with calcium and protein.
Hot and spicy food - You should avoid taking hot and spicy food items as far as possible as the fruits and vegetables have organic salt in them and they are sufficient for the body in summers.
Fried food - Cut the intake of fried and fast food items.
Hygiene - Try to maintain good hygiene level regarding your body, clothes as well as in your choices of food items too.
Yoga and Exercise - Limit your strenuous activities to early morning and late evening to avoid getting exhausted and worn out.
The above-mentioned tips for a healthy diet for summers will help you maintain a good health during the summer season. A little change in your everyday life will make you healthier and fit.
Health benefits of TEA
1. Green Tea boosts metabolism and contains antioxidant.
2. White Tea has antibacterial and antiviral properties.
3. Black Tea can help lower blood pressure and prevent heart disease.
4. Mint Tea helps treat bloating and aids digestion.
Hi doctor my sister can not become pregnant because my Jiju have no of counts less, they tried ivf also but all is vain. What to do?
I had sex on 19 th day of my menstruation cycle without condom. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?
Pregnancy is that period of time in a woman's life when she is excited about giving birth to her baby. She is not only responsible to keep herself healthy, but her baby is also her responsibility. What she eats, how she lives and her daily routine will affect the baby. Thus, to have a healthy pregnancy it is necessary that you exercise regularly and eat well. You should also avoid those things that may hurt your baby.
Take care of what you eat:
During pregnancy it is important to get proper nutrition so that you and your baby are healthy. For slow and gradual weight gain, it is necessary to pay close attention to the folic acid, calcium and iron intake. However, if you are obese, then your weight gain regime will be different from others.
The diet during pregnancy should include:
- Intake of fruit and vegetables is important as they are good sources of vitamins, minerals and even fiber. They are good for digestion and also help in preventing constipation. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
- During pregnancy carbohydrates are also important as they act as an important source of energy. Different food items that are rich in carbohydrates are potatoes, bread, breakfast cereals, pasta, rice, noodles, millet, maize, oats, yams, sweet potatoes, and corn meal. It is better to eat whole grains and potato with the skin on as they are rich in fiber.
- Intake of protein is very important during pregnancy, and thus you should take lean meat, pulses, beans, nuts, fish, and eggs. All these items should be cooked well so that you do not face any problem in digestion during pregnancy.
- It is also necessary to eat dairy products like milk, cheese, butter and yoghurt during pregnancy. They are important because they contain the calcium and nutrients that are necessary for the growth of the baby.
What to avoid?
Just as you should eat certain food items to be healthy, there are certain foods that must be avoided to be fit and healthy. Avoid the following during pregnancy
- Drugs and alcohol
- Medicines that are not prescribed by your physician
- Smoking tobacco
- Fried and oily food
- Fishes those are rich in mercury like shark, tilefish, swordfish and those fishes that are caught in local waters are not considered safe.
- Too much intake of caffeine is also hazardous for a pregnant lady.
Thus, by following the above-mentioned diet tips you can keep your baby and yourself healthy. Always get advice from your physician for any decision that you take during pregnancy.
I am having problem in my vagina as well as in anus. Itching, irritation, rashes and cyst. All this things are very painful. please suggest me should I consult either to a gynecologist or physician?
I am 19 years old but I do not get my periods regularly. I have consulted gynecologists she tested me and said I have some air bubbles and until and unless they go I will not get my periods regularly. She said to use tablets and I hv used for 6 months. While I was using them I got my periods regularly but now when I stopped I am not getting. I am realizing that there is a kind of smell coming from me. Is weight is the only reason? Do I need to loose my weight? If yes then how can I loose my weight? Pls help me! I need any suggestion that helps me.
Impotence is embarrassing for a man. It not only affects his self-confidence, but also the relationship with his partner. It is a condition in which a man cannot achieve an erection for having sex. If you are experiencing symptoms of impotence, they are most likely due to physical issues. However, sometimes psychological issues can also be responsible for impotence.
Here are 5 psychological factors, which may be associated with the inability to achieve an erection indicating impotence:
Stress: To a great extent, stress affects a person’s performance in bed. Due to excessive stress and pressure arising from different responsibilities and commitments, he might not be able to focus on sex. Extreme stress due to fear may leave him uneasy, thereby making it difficult for him to have an erection.
Anxiety: After experiencing symptoms of impotency, it is likely that a man may get extremely anxious about the fact that he will not be able to perform well in bed again. This anxiety may also arise from relationship problems, sexual abuse in the past or when a person is in a new relationship. As such, during sex, anxiety may make a man self-conscious, which makes it quite difficult for him to have an erection.
Depression: Feeling depressed or extremely sad because of any kind of issue such as a failed relationship, a poor career or recalling some past trauma may cause erectile dysfunction. Depression makes a person tired , thereby lowering his sex drive. The medicines used for treating depression may also lower libido,as a result of which a man may fail to get an erection.
Low Self-esteem: Having a low or a negative self-esteem may cause performance anxiety. A person is likely to be worried about how he will perform in bed. Low self-esteem may arise from factors related to body image, past experiences and from an underlying feeling of guilt.
Lack of Interest: Many conditions may divert a man’s interest from having sex. The lowering of libido will make it difficult for a man to get an erection and may lead to impotence. Such lack of interest may be on account of relationship issues, certain medications or because of ageing. Anger may also make a person lose interest in having sex.
If your sex life is getting hampered because of any such psychological factors, you must visit a doctor for seeking advice, suggestions and treatment. This will allow you to uncover and resolve the impotence-related problems, thereby letting you enjoy a healthy relationship with your partner in bed.