Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Suryaprakash BhandariYour feedback matters!
I am 40 years old male I am suffering for pain in lower abdomen right side and USG report is Bilateral renal calculi 3-4.9 mild hydronephrosis of right kidney and proximal right hydroureter continuously pain doctor suggest me tab flush and to drink 6 to 8 litter of water every day and tab drotin.
Gastric acids are chemicals provided by your stomach to aid digestion. But the corrosive effects they induce are counteracted by the secretion of other chemicals. It is when the secretion of these chemicals is impaired that it leads to damaged stomach lining, causing acidity, also known as acid reflux.
Ayurveda promises some easy home treatments for acidity which are quite efficient in ensuring fast recovery for you. You can use any of these listed Ayurvedic treatments if you suffer from acidity.
- Amla powder (Indian Gooseberry) and honey: Soak one teaspoonful of amla powder in half a cup of water. Add honey and stir and drink empty stomach in the morning. Repeat similarly for the evening.
- Cumin seeds: You can reduce cumin seeds to their powder form, then you have to add half a spoon of it to water; presumably, one liter. Then, keep the solution boiling then filter it. You will have to make sure that you drink this solution instead of normal water. Take this water based solution everyday till recovery. This is quite an effective remedy for acidity.
- Mulethi (liquorice) and honey: You can reduce liquorice root to powder, then to half a spoon of this powder add little honey to form paste. Lick to consume this paste twice daily after meals. Liquorice neutralizes the acids quickly to give relief.
- White pumpkin juice: Take white pumpkin peel and slice it and make a pulpy juice out of it. Half a cup twice daily gives fast recovery from gastritis and acidity. Alternatively you may eat sweet made of pumpkin (peetha ki methai) after meals.
- Buttermilk: You can take half a glass of buttermilk and add a pinch of each asafetida and turmeric to it. With it, also take care to add a tiny amount of fenugreek and drink it at night, to make the most of its benefits.
- Jaggery: You can try taking boiled ash gourd with jaggery. This relieves the burning sensation in the stomach to a considerable extent. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Omega 3 fatty acids during pregnancy. Do I need it?
1) if I take omega 3 fatty acid supplements during pregnancy, it will help my baby's brain development better?
There is not enough evidence that supplements help to boost a baby's brain power. Omega3's in a mom's diet are definitely beneficial though. Taking fish oil capsules does not have same health benefits eating fish as along with omega 3, fish are good sources of proteins, calcium and vitamins b and d which one doesn't get from fish oil capsules.
If at all someone is taking these supplements, it should be taken at the start of a meal to avoid the fishy taste and burps.
2) are there any proven medical benefits of fish oil supplements?
Fish oil have omega 3's in the form of dha and epa. They are good for people who have high triglyceride levels as it helps to lower the triglyceride level in the blood but one must take at least 2-4 g per day to have this effect. How much dha we get out of a particular brand of capsule is not known as fish oil is sold over the counter and is not regulated by drug agencies. Fish oil may also help in controlling diabetes. They may also reduce complications in a person with known heart disease. If you have none of the conditions above it is much better to simply eat fish as and when you want.
Please remember that may also act as blood thinners. People who are on ecosprin, or heparin or any other medication for heart disease should take it only on prescription and be monitored regularly.
3) can I get omega3's from any other source?
While fish is a good source of omega 3's, it is not readily available in many parts of our country. Also vegetarians can get it from walnuts, dark leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, algae oil or flaxseed oils. But vegetarian sources are poor replacements as compared to fish.
Krill oil which is made from shrimps has as much omega 3's as fish oil.
4) how much fish should I eat to get enough omega 3's?
It is recommended to eat one cup fish twice a week and up to 4 cups of cooked fish are safe for consumption. Frequent fish eaters should mind the mercury contained in certain fish. Shrimps, tuna, salmon and catfish are generally low in mercury while mackerel, sharks and swordfish have high mercury content. Pregnant women should definitely try to reduce the mercury content in their diet.
My anus burn after every time I poop. Can you tell any medication for it? It is quite uncomfortable and started after I had loose motion. Is there anything serious?
Gallstones are bits of solid material that may be formed in the gall bladder. The gallbladder is a little organ located under the liver. You won't not know you have them until they've block your bile duct, causing pain that will need immediate medical intervention, and even hospitalisation in some cases.They may comprise of cholesterol, salt, or bilirubin, which consists of red platelets. Gallstones vary in size. They can be as little as a grain of sand or as even the size of an apricot in many cases.
Women are more likely to develop gallstones than men. Read on to know more:
Causes: There are a number of causes for this condition, especially in women. These causes are as follows:
- Intake of anti-conception medication pills, hormone trade treatment for menopause side effects, or pregnancy
- Malfunctioning of the gall bladder
- High cholesterol levels
- Gallstones may be created when there is excessive amount of cholesterol in the bile discharged by the liver. This bile normally separates the cholesterol and helps in the normal functioning of the liver and other digestive organs of the body.
- Bilirubin: Bilirubin is a substance created when your liver wrecks old RedBlood Cells. A few conditions, like cirrhosis of the liver and certain blood issues causes the liver to create more bilirubin than it ought to. This can lead to complicated conditions like gallstones.
- Bile: Your gallbladder needs to exhaust bile to be sound. In the event that it discharges its bile content, the bile turns out to be excessively thick which causes stones to shape.
- Weight: Being overweight or underweight can also cause a malfunction which can lead to the appearance of such stones. The diet also has a bearing in such cases.
- A yellowish tint in your skin or eyes, which can demonstrate jaundice
- Sickness or retching
- Clay coloured stools
- Pain in the right upper quadrant of your stomach area
- Other digestive issues
Numerous individuals with gallstones may be asked to go through surgery to remove the gallbladder. These include the following:
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy: The specialist passes instruments, a light, and a camera through a few little cuts in the midsection.
- Open cholecystectomy: The specialist makes bigger cuts in the belly to expel the gallbladder. You may have to spend a couple days in the hospital after the operation.
- Without getting operated: If you have a mild condition and your specialist feels you shouldn't have an operation, he may recommend medicines like chenodiol, ursodiol, or both. These medications work by dissolving cholesterol stones. One may experience mild loose motions as a side effect. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.