Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Surya Ven ModiYour feedback matters!
I need to know that I bleed on 25 the day of my cycle but no menstruation occurred what is the reason Any chance of getting pregnant?
I have irregular periods and in my period always 30-40 ml of my blood waste in stayfree pads and I also have wish to do sex.
Sir mujhe idhar ek mahine se aisa laga ki mai pure month periods me hi hu or tabiyat v thik ni rah rahi hai aisa q hua hai or iska koi solutions batyaie jisse mai ache se thik ho jau.
Today, most people’s perception of a beautiful woman is a tall, slim, fair skinned woman. However, not everyone is built with such a physique but still have a beauty of their own. As they say, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder and if you think you are beautiful then that confidence will indeed give you the grace and elegance to be noticed. Sadly, we tend to focus more on the social perception of beauty and tend to find faults with ourselves as we try to fit into that mould. These constant negative thoughts lead to the development of emotions that range from discontentment to depression and hence are extremely unhealthy. Here are a few tips to help break out of this negative cycle:
Look Out For Thinking Errors- Most people with a negative self-image tend to think along a few common lines. Recognise these thinking errors and try avoiding them to build a more positive self-image. This includes thinking only in extremes, magnifying things, turning emotions into reasons etc. Realise that thinking negatively makes it more difficult for you to achieve your goals or what you want out of life. Recognising these patterns is the first step towards accepting yourself and building your self-confidence.
Stop Making Comparisons- From early childhood, we begin comparing ourselves with others. As we get older, we compare our self-image with what we see on magazine covers and billboards. Even though we know they have been digitally enhanced, we still aspire to look like them. However, each person’s physique is different and it is not possible for everyone to look like a model.
Recognise Your Strengths- You may have heavy hips but at the same time, you also may have beautiful eyes. Focus on the parts of your body that you love and each time you find yourself complaining about your self-image, remind yourself of these parts. Be grateful for what you have instead of sinking into a victim syndrome.
- Look Out For Triggers- Find out what triggers negative thoughts in you and stay away from them for a while. For some people, this may be in the form of magazines while for others it may be certain TV shows or even the company they keep. Surround yourself with positive imagery and positive people who will support you and uplift you instead of simply sympathising with you and letting you believe that you are a victim. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am having pain in my breast from 5-6 days. Nd 3 days before I was having white transparent discharge nd it was having blood in it. Can you pls suggest what shud I do?
Making love during pregnancy is a safe bet and can be carried on till one’s water breaks. Studies in the past have shown that a normal pregnancy is not related to infections and miscarriages. It has also been established that sex during pregnancy is not related to premature birth. On the contrary, a good sex life during pregnancy helps to reduce mood swings and keeps a woman healthy and cheerful. Here are five facts that you should know about sex during pregnancy:
- Does sex harm the baby? The womb is protected by the thick muscles of the uterus and the amniotic sac. Furthermore, the cervix is safeguarded by the mucus plug. These ensure that the baby doesn’t get hurt while making love. In the midst of an orgasm, if you get a feeling that the baby is moving, it happens primarily because of the heart pounding faster. This being said, you might have to skip sex in the following cases:
- You have placenta praevia
- You start bleeding
- Your water breaks
- You suffer from cramps and pain in the abdomen
- Your partner is suffering from genital herpes
- How does sex feel during pregnancy? While an increased flow of blood in the pelvic region heightens the lovemaking experience for many, some complain that it leaves them with a bad feeling. There is yet another segment of women who complaints of a less powerful orgasm during pregnancy. At times pregnant women might feel pain if the penetration is deep. Even abdominal cramps are not uncommon during this condition. To sum up, the feeling of sex greatly varies from individual to individual.
- Is a complete lack of sex normal during pregnancy? Yes, it is absolutely normal. Many women suffer from nausea and tiredness during the first three months of pregnancy, limiting their urge for sex. At times pregnancy hormones become responsible for the libido. But, mostly it is the state of mind of an individual that becomes a barrier. Women suffering from relationship issues are the ones who suffer from a lack of sex.
- Does your husband’s libido suffer too? It is not uncommon, to say the least. Some of the common apprehension that a male partner suffers from include the following:
- Fear of hurting the wife
- Apprehension about the baby’s health
- The consciousness of making love in the child’s presence
- Apprehensions about upcoming parenthood
- Is there any risk involved in oral sex? Absolutely none, oral sex is considered to be one of the safest of sex options during pregnancy. If the fear of hurting the wife looms large, it is the best way to express one’s love. However, it should be ensured that your husband does not blow air in the vagina. This might lead to blood vessel blockage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I have irregular periods, and also coming daily mth, but I don't have children what will do for this?
Thanks for your reply Doctor. I want to give following information to you. 1. Married for 3 years 2. My Pregnancy occurs naturally, without any special treatment. 3. I have High BP for last 2 years. I'm taking stamlo 5 for that issue. BP is about normal now. 4. I had delayed period issue (4-8 days late) 5. Trying to conceive from Sep 2015.5. My Last LMP was on 13.11. 2015.6. Urine Test (Positive) 5.1. 16 7.08. 1.16- Bleeding (1st) Small amount. Visit Dr. Medicine Started: Stamlo-5, Cosklot500 (When bleeding up to 3 days) Progynova 2mg. Susten sr 200, Zofer 4, 8.12. 01.16- Bleeding (2nd) Small amount. 9.13. 01.16- USG - Heart Sound of embryo found. Bleeding (3rd) Small amount. 10.15. 01.16 MHR bio started. 10.19. 02.16- Bleeding Medium amount (4th) 11.20. 02.16-Bleeding Small amount (5th) 12. No pain when bleeding Dr. I am Worried about the Bleeding issue. Will it harm the baby? What other care should I take now? Do you suggest any medicine? Please advice me doctor.
I am not having my periods from last 58 day when I was physical. I used urine test kit after 1 month then I tested it around every week I tested 6 times but its negative so should I take the medicine (unwanted kit) which contains 1 mifepristone and 4 misoprostol or not.
Hello sir, Please help me 72 hours ho chuke hai aur koi madicine nhi Lii hai tho kaise pregnancy ko roka jaye.
Hi, I have pain in all over body regularly. My weight is 78 kg and my hight is 5.3 inch.i have pain in legs joint back pain shoulder wrist pain headache sometimes I want to know what all test I have to do. Kindly assist me for the same. I having regular periods. No thyroid no pcos or pcod .Please tell.
Hello doctors, I had my first ultrasound today it confirmed I am 9 weeks pregnant. While doing ultrasound radio diagnostic pronounced as FETUS TWO but in reports mention single fetus with normal heartbeat. What does this mean? It means I am not having twins?
Pregnancy brings with it not only joy and celebrations, but also a lot of physical pain for the mother. This is not unexpected as the body has gone through a lot of transformation to nurture the baby within for almost 9 months and then finally deliver the baby. Whether it is a natural delivery or cesarean section, the immediate period after childbirth has a lot of pain to manage. Let us look at some of the major pains and ways to manage them - broadly categorized into abdominal and breastfeeding pain.
Abdominal pain. In the abdominal area, there are different areas that experience pain due to different reasons and need to be managed well.
Incision pain: If you had a cesarean section, then the incisions will itch and pain. Pain killers can be used for relief but the incisions will take some months to completely become normal. If there are associated symptoms like redness or bleeding, then it is a cause for concern.
Uterine contractions: With the uterus shrinking back to its original size after delivery, there are lot of contractions which can be painful. This will subside over the next few days but can be severe and take longer for second and third deliveries. This should be completely gone by the sixth week checkup.
Vaginal or perineal pain: If you have had normal delivery, then there would be an enormous amount of pressure in the vaginal and perineal (area between the vagina and anus) areas. There could even be tear in some cases (created by the doctor or accidental during birth) and would need repair. This can be more severe compared to other pains and will take longer to disappear. There could also be dryness in some women. The following will help ease the pain:
- Ease the pressure on the bottom by lying down as much as possible and resting
- Apply a cold gel pad to the area
- Warm baths
- Pelvic floor exercise which help healing by improving blood flow
- Use warm water to wash the area and pat dry to reduce the itching sensation
- Keep the area clean to avoid infection both to yourself and the baby
- opical creams may be used in some areas to relieve both the pain and the itching
Breastfeeding pain: An improper latch (the way the infant sucks) can lead to breastfeeding pain. A lactation consultant or a nurse can help train the mother and the infant. Breasts filled up with milk can also lead to painful, engorged feeling. Breast pumping or hand pumping can help relieve the pain.
These pains, though not deniable, can be managed with a little extra care so you can enjoy the newfound joy of motherhood.
My last period s date was 20 August and I had unprotected sex with my husband after 13 September regularly. Am I pregnant? Kindly guide me I don't want a baby.
I'm Garima a 18 years old teenage girl. My periods date was 4th December and I still did not get periods. I had unsafe sex last month after my periods were gone. I wanna know how to get periods? Or if I am pregnant What to do to avoid this unwanted pregnancy? Any home remedy for this.
I had unprotected intercourse last month after my periods ended and this month I got my regular periods 4 days late. Does it mean I am pregnant or something?
Sir a girl age 20 with good health. She is taken I-pill. Can i-pill affect serious side effects to her? Can heavy withdrawal bleeding happen? Sir it is first time taken i-pill in her life. Sir please help me Quickly explain details.
It's been 3 to 4 days after having unprotected sex and now her periods has not yet arrived is unwanted 72 safe to take ?what can she do please suggest.
Scientists have concluded that sugar stimulates the exact same centers of the brain, which derive pleasure out of heroin or cocaine. For those who are addicted to sugar, getting off it leads to intense cravings and withdrawal symptoms. If you have an uncontrollable urge to devour something sweet, you probably have sugar addiction too. Sugar is known to release dopamine and opioids, which not only makes it addictive, but makes it extremely difficult for you to overcome the withdrawal symptoms.
Mentioned below are 5 signs to figure out if you are addicted to sugar:
- Despite being full or not hungry, you consume certain foods due to cravings
- You worry about consuming certain foods and cutting down on them
- You overeat and then feel fatigued or sluggish
- Despite negative consequences that affect your health and cause social problems, you continue eating or overeating certain foods
- You try to eliminate any negative emotion by consuming the foods you crave and experience pleasure.
If you suffer from the aforementioned problems, you should seriously consider sugar detox or food rehab. Sugar and foods containing high levels of sugar causes behavioral changes, nutrient deficiency or imbalance, impairs your body and immunity system leading to an increased risk of illnesses and diseases. Sugar is also known to feed cancer cells and obesity. Fungi, which are living organisms, thrive on sugar and feed on it to reproduce and function properly leading to most infections. However, it is never too late to break your sugar habit.
Mentioned below are 5 ways to fight your sugar addiction:
- Substitute sweets with whole foods
- Ditch artificial sweeteners
- Clean your house
- Create a backup plan
- Manage your magnesium levels
Although, sugar withdrawal symptoms vary from individual to individual, they usually last for about 3 to 4 weeks. Withdrawing from sugar can be extremely difficult and causes the following symptoms in you, which will sorely tempt you into giving in to your cravings: