Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suresh N Shah
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh N ShahYour feedback matters!
Myth # 2 - Bad Breath means you are a Bad Brusher - Bad oral hygiene is one of the causes for Bad Breath other causes include Indigestion,Dry Mouth,Lack of Salivation,Sinusitis and post nasal Drip &Uncontrolled diabetes
Myth # 3 - Regular use of mouth wash is good for oral hygiene - fact is mouth washes are good for maintenance of oral hygiene but only when it is indicated and prescribed by your dentist.
Myth # 4 - Scaling and polishing will lead to spaces in between the teeth - the fact is after removal of calculus one starts feeling the gaps in between the teeth which were occupied by it.One need to start taking care from beginning so that they do not come across a situation where they have lots of calculus in between the teeth which lead to gum recession and spacing between the teeth.
Myth # 5 - Brushing with hard toothbrush will clean teeth more effectively - In fact bristles of hard toothbrush do not reach the crevices of the teeth and one need to apply more pressure. In the process all stress is borne by enamel and it starts wearing off.
Hello. Sir or mam my father eating a tambaku daily in a day 6 or 7 time. So due yo this bad habit. Her mouth is not fully open. Only open as 1 or 2 fingers tell me a remedies? And also tell me ayurvedic or more medicine for fully open mouth Thanks.
Gum disease begins with the growth of bacteria in your mouth and it may end with loss of teeth. Thus, the severity of gum disease or periodontitis should not be underestimated. Tooth loss mainly happens due to the destruction of the tissue which surrounds the teeth.
Types of gum disease:
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis is basically the first stage of periodontitis. It causes bleeding from the gums and also causes immense pain in the teeth.
- Periodontitis: In periodontitis, the gum and teeth separate. A gap is formed between the two which may cause debris to accumulate in the space and cause other infections.
Causes of gum disease:
The exact cause of gum disease is not known but here are some of the possible causes:
- Hormonal changes: Hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause and puberty are just some times the gums become more sensitive and gingivitis develops.
- Illnesses: Cancer, HIV, diabetes and other illnesses may cause problems with the immune system and damage the gums. This is an example of how gingivitis is caused as a complication of other disorders.
- Bad habits: Smoking causes gum disease as you may already know.
- Poor oral hygiene: Not brushing and flossing may lead to accumulation of food materials in the mouth causing gum diseases.
- Family history: Family history is also a major contributing factor to what may cause gum disease.
The treatment prescribed for gum disease depends how deep it is set and whether it is a case of gingivitis or periodontitis. Here are the possible treatments for gum disease:
- Professional dental cleaning: This is the most common treatment used in the early stages of gum disease. In fact, dental cleanings are usually used to prevent it and are used as soon as tartar and plaque buildup.
- Scaling and root planing: This is also a type of cleaning except that it needs to be done under a local anesthetic as there is a certain degree of pain involved in the procedure.
- Surgery: Surgery is also sometimes used to remove the infected pockets and put the gums back in their original place.