Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. SureshYour feedback matters!
Your heart gives you warning signs before the onset of a major problem. You may not even know that you are at risk of one or more heart diseases if you fail to notice these small signs that your heart sends out. Even a minor symptom, like chest pain, can indicate that your heart may be in trouble. While there could be many causal factors for a heart condition, here some symptoms, which are possible indications of a heart disease and should not be ignored in any case.
1. Chest pain or discomfort - This symptom is the most common one, which indicates that your heart is not healthy. It usually comes in the form of a pain, pressure or tightness in the chest and may happen due to a blocked artery. This may be an early warning sign of a heart attack and you should seek professional advice before it turns into a major problem.
2. Excessive sweating - If you often sweat without any valid reason, it might be a sign to be concerned for. The sweating experienced will feel more like the one that arises due to stress rather than common perspiration experienced due to any vigorous physical activity.
3. Difficulty in breathing - Shortness of breath is an indication that you are at high risk of getting a heart attack. The symptom includes having difficulty in breathing and feels similar to the panting experienced after a long run.
4. Nausea and frequent stomach problems - If you experience nausea, heartburn, indigestion or abdominal pain frequently, it may be the result of an unhealthy heart. Of course, these signs may be due to other diseases as well, but if you experience any of the other symptoms of heart problems too, it's highly probable that your heart is in trouble.
5. Exhaustion - If you fall into the high-risk zone of being a potential heart patient, you may feel exhausted after doing some simple chores, which didn't tire you earlier. Common examples may be climbing the stairs or carrying something from your doorstep inside the house to name a few.
Related Tip: 5 Signs of an Unhealthy Heart
My friend is suffering from cancer, Recently diagnosis heart problem i.e irregular heart beet & High Triglyceride. Have any suggestion? If any relation between cancer treatment & heart attack.
I have pain on the middle of chest while there is stress or pressure on the chest like when I sleep facing my chest up and then rise up my chest there is pain on the middle of the chest.
Recently wife was diagnosed B/P-97/145. On asked by Dr. Did Rapid profile. And it is normal. ECG impression Sinus Tachycardia. One Dr. Suggest TelvasAm. One Dr. Suggest AmlopresTL. Which Will Better. Will You suggest another drug.
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 weeks I have chest pain whenever I cough hard please suggested to me.
She is having Chest Pain since frm 2 to 3 month bt She dint said me before n wen it pains she cries alot plsss Help I cnt see her Crying Sir.
Please prescribe anti-cholorestorel food I am taking ecosporin 75 --should I continue life long I am having uric acid--should I take medicine?
Hi Doc, If I turn vegan, from where do I get daily requirements of protein and minerals needed for healthy body. Isn't it better to have all types of food instead of adapting a vegan lifestyle and do some sort of physical exercise daily. What is real benefit of turning vegan besides improved cholesterol level and less risk of diabetes and other lifestyle diseases.
My blood pressure is 170- 90 and my weight is 110. sir what is the risk and how can I reduce the weight and how can I reduce the bp?
I have got pain due to a sudden blow in my chest triceps area and in upper back are so what should I do now?
My age is 25, my bp is 140 but I feel nothing like high BP and I do gym with weight and after gym my bp is level is under control and some time it increase should I start medicine.
I am 30 years old and suffering with high BP it's comes about 140/90, while I have done whole checkup wih RML hospital lft, kft, tmt holter etc. All is normal after seeing these test they only advise to take a medicine Amlip D. Which impact on my body very badly specially on my eyes. Can you advise is there any permanent/guaranteed treatment for BP.
I have pain in my right side chest and sometimes it pains in the middle of my chest. What should I do to get rid of this?
The heart's electrical conduction system plays a very important role in cardiovascular functioning. Also known as the atrioventricular (AV) conduction system, it regulates and controls the timing of the heartbeat.
How does the heart's electrical conduction system work?
There is a collection of electrical cells in the upper right atrium of the heart known as the sinoatrial (SA) node which acts as a natural pacemaker and generates electrical signals. These signals travel through specialized electrical pathways and stimulate the muscular walls of the heart to contract in a rhythmic manner. This gives rise to the heartbeat that pulses at a specific frequency every minute.
What is the effect of fluctuations in electrical activity on the heart?
The standard heart rate in human being ranges from 60 to 100 beats per minute. It slows down when a person sleeps and speeds up when one experiences physical or emotional heightening. These fluctuations are triggered by the brain or other systems of the body and signal the SA node to generate charges more rapidly or slowly. This leads to spikes and drops in the heart rate, depending on the nature of the situation.
What happens when there is dysfunction in the heart's electrical activity?
When the heart's electrical conduction system does not function properly, it leads to the occurrence of a condition known as arrhythmia or abnormal heart rhythm. This happens when electrical impulses are generated in an irregular manner and causes tachycardia (rapid heartbeats) or bradycardia (slow heartbeats) which takes place in jarring infrequent tempos.
What causes fluctuations in the heart's electrical activity?
There are various kinds of triggers that cause the heart rate to fluctuate. The exact nature of fluctuation also depends on the type of trigger. A few everyday examples of these causes are as follows:
- Exercise and strenuous physical activity increases electrical activity as the heart is required to beat faster so as to increase the supply of blood and oxygen to the muscles.
- Sleep and rest reduce heart rate as the body is not needed to exert itself.
- Release of adrenaline into the bloodstream causes the heart rate to spike up.
Related Tip: How Does Ayurveda Help Heart Patients?