Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Surdhir TrivediYour feedback matters!
Chewing a sugarless gum after your meal for around 20 minutes freshens your breath and also make the leftover food particles cling to it.
I am 46 years of age. From the past three days, I have got an ulcer like in my mouth. It' s situated where my wisdom teeth should be and feels like I am getting a new teeth. My question is, can it be the beginning of an oral cancer. Please advice.
Hi Sir, I am 24 years old, actually I feel down from steps from 8 years back because of that my front tooth has been cracked and it turns to yellow colour, and I wish to get remove both (two) my front tooths and wish to attach or implement. Kindly provide me suggestions, what have to do?
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.
I used to brush my teeth twice a day, in morning and second just before go to bed, but I have bad smell also. I am thinking that may my toothbrush is wrong or may be the time is less for brushing. How much time I must be give for brushing and what type of brush I can use?
How long does 0.75 - 1 Inch Ulcer Will Take To Heal? And it's 6 th ulcer since last two months regularly visiting dentist Currently using Metrogyl 400 tab Flemiklox lb Do I need to do something else to get rid of it?
Please let me know the medicines for cyst in wisdom tooth gum. I am having pain and swelling also bad smelling mouth. Please advice me medicines.
I have a mouth ulcer in my lower lip, about 3 mm in diameter which is yellowish inside and reddish outside. Please tell me a cure as soon as possible.
Hey, I have a problem like my teeth are yellow and very small. I brush twice in a day. But, there is no improvements in it. Please suggest me something.
I use colgate max fresh but there is still problem of yellowness of teeth. Any recommendations please
I am 26 years Male. Actually I have crooked teeth .buck teeth nd my canine are too big that makes my smile more awkward. Is there anyway to remove my four canine nd refill that area.
I am 55 years old I can not eat hot and cold together. It gives me pain even if I eat like ice cream, please suggest.
Use fluoridated toothpaste. Fluoride helps to harden tooth enamel and reduces your risk of decay.
Brush thoroughly. Tooth brushing should take between two and three minutes.