Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Suraj NigamYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from cough for 3 weeks and more and even tried grilinctus cough syrup and alex but no sign of being cured. What can be possible reasons?
Hello Sir/Mam, I have been suffering form undiagnosed disease. Actually, I have pain in my stomach but doctors are unable to diagnose the problem. Since last 6 years I took the treatment of AIMS, TREATRAM SHAHA AND SO ON BUT STILL PROBLEM IS SAME. WHAT SHOULD I DO? ALL REPORTS ARE NORMAL. PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE.
I'm 31 years old female I have sleeping problem I only sleep for 5 hrs and my left side of face, arm and leg is swelled and numb lit bit and it pains at times what can be the reason?
My son in his tenth month a toddler, he doesn't have a sound sleep, in the night on a average 1 hour he gets distracted, we have to feed him or make him sleep. Also he roles a lot. Both sides. He is a tummy down sleeper. What can we do to improve. We are giving solid foods, fruits etc.
Exercises for Sciatic pain from Piriformis Syndrome
Sciatica is a symptom. It consists of leg pain, which might feel like a bad leg cramp, or it can be excruciating, shooting pain that makes standing or sitting nearly impossible.
The pain might be worse when you sit, sneeze, or cough. Sciatica can occur suddenly or it can develop gradually.
- Pain in the rear or leg that is worse when sitting
- Burning or tingling down the leg
- Weakness, numbness, or difficulty moving the leg or foot
- A constant pain on one side of the rear
- A shooting pain that makes it difficult to stand up
Sciatica usually affects only one side of the lower body. Often, the pain extends from the lower back all the way through the back of the thigh and down through the leg. Depending on where the sciatic nerve is affected, the pain may also extend to the foot or toes.
For some people, the pain from sciatica can be severe and debilitating might include the inability to bend your knee or move your foot and toes.. For others, the sciatica pain might be infrequent and irritating, but has the potential to get worse.
Causes of Sciatic Pain:
- Slipped Disc: In majority of cases sciatica is caused by a herniated or "slipped" disc. This is when one of the discs that sit between the bones of the spine (the vertebrae) is damaged and presses on the nerves.
- Spondylolisthesis (a condition in which one vertebra slips forward over another one)
- Other causes include spinal stenosis (narrowing of the nerve passages in the spine), a spinal injury or infection, or a growth within the spine (such as a tumor).
- Other things that may make your back pain worse include being overweight, not exercising regularly, wearing high heels, or sleeping on a mattress that is too soft.
- Piriformis Syndrome: It is referred as neuritis of branches of the sciatic nerve caused by pressure of an injured or irritated piriformis muscle. Symptoms associated with piriformis syndrome typically consist of buttock pain that radiates into the hip, posterior aspect of the thigh, and the proximal portion of the lower leg.
- Piriformis syndrome typically does not result in neurological deficits such as decreased deep tendon reflexes and myotomal weakness.
Sciatica is diagnosed with a medical history and physical exam. Sometimes X-rays and other tests such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) are done to help find the cause of the sciatica.
- X-ray- to look for fractures in the spine
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or computed tomography (CT) scan - to create images of the structures of the back
- Nerve conduction velocity studies/electromyography - to examine how well electrical impulses travel through the sciatic nerve
- Myelogram using dye injected between the vertebrae - to determine if a vertebra or disc is causing the pain
Primary treatment consists of self-care and non-surgical strategies. The aim is to correct the underlying problem, restore function and prevent re-occurrence.
- Self-Care: Sciatica may resolve with rest, ice or heat, massage, pain relievers and gentle stretches. Muscle inflammation and pain can be reduced by application of an icepack for 20 minutes several times a day during the initial 2-3 days. Thereafter a hot pad may be applied to relax muscles. If the self-care exercises aren’t working within the first couple of days you must consult your doctor.
- Medication: Over the counter Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) can bring pain relief. Muscle relaxants may be prescribed for spasms.
- Physiotherapy: A normal schedule is recommended physical therapy can help you return to full activity as soon as possible and prevent re-injury. Physiotherapists will show you proper lifting techniques / postures, walking techniques, exercises to stretch and strengthen your back muscles.
- Massage, ultrasound, diathermy, heat and traction may also be recommended for some time.
Hi my penis is small and thin. When I see any sex movies I will get strong but just for few seconds some time more than minutes it's too hard. Can you please tell me how to get hard for better sex. Any homemade remedies for that or any tablets should I use. Please suggest me thanks.
I am a 50 yrs old male. For 5 yrs I have itching on scrotum'skin. Tried number of ointments but yet to find the cure. I have used betnovate, betamil, momate etc. But only got temp relief. Scratching the skin initially gives pleasure but burning sensation later. Please suggest permanent cure. Thanks
Hello am 25 years old and I think I am suffering from dyslexia problem. Tell me what I do to overcome this.
I am 36 years with average weight of 74 kg and do regular exercise. 3 months ago I had anxiety attacks and that followed with hyperacidity and than since I had stop my beer habit, I went into mild depression. All this happened in the last three months. But the most I am worried about is acidity and Gas. Because I took three Ecgs as my chest was in pain. But doctors ruled out any heart issues. Now again I am in trouble with the chest burn and that radiation goes to my left shoulder to my left wrist sometimes. But when I have a deep burp it kind of relaxes. Is it all related or I should be worried about any heart issues. How should I get treated ?
I have one question for my mother. She is 44 yrs old. Unke hatho or pairo me khaskar pairo ki unglio me bahut khujli hote h. Iske liye plz koi treatment bataiye.
Hello dr's I m nt getting proper answer fr my problem I m taking beta cap tr 20 fr tremor/shaking but still getting like electric shocks. Oleanaz fr bipolar at night getup un comfortable net dy. Also feeling low sex desire. Pls tell gud medicine for me .
My both foot had may be fungal infection, due to walk in synthetic she's during raining sessions, this problem.
Getting too much pain the ear after using the ciplox ear drops as suggested by the doctor after he removed wax from my ear. I wear hearing aid.
30 years old, not married. Have undescended testes, will It affect my married life? can I have children?
I have a problem .actually I am suffering hydrocele. It's very painful for me. I want relief to this problem please help me sir.
I have 1.5 months old baby, he didn't poop for two days and his sleeping time also reduced by this two days, he s not crying no fever he goes pee as usual, taking feeding well, am so worried please help.
Type 1 diabetes is commonly referred to as juvenile diabetes and is mostly witnessed among young people. It can also occur in adults. In this condition, the body doesn’t produce enough insulin or completely stops producing insulin. The immune system, which saves the body from foreign microbes, attacks the cells that are responsible for producing insulin. The treatment methods include taking insulin shots, oral insulin intake, taking healthy diet, increased physical activity and controlling blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Type 2 diabetes is a condition wherein the body refuses to use insulin in order to carry glucose to each and every cell of the body. The pancreas try to produce more insulin in order to counter the condition but soon give up due to an increased blood pressure. The treatment plan includes medication, making lifestyle changes, and controlling blood-sugar and cholesterol levels.
Gestational diabetes is observed in many pregnant women. The hormones produced during pregnancy can block insulin to be used by the body. While insulin resistance is common during pregnancy, failure of the pancreas to fill in the additional insulin in the body can result in gestational diabetes. Women who are overweight are more likely to develop this condition. Although gestational diabetes goes automatically after the baby is born, it often recurs in the form of type 2 diabetes in a later stage of life.
Risk factors for diabetes
Weight: Being overweight is a primary risk factor for diabetes. An increased amount of adipose tissue increases the risk of insulin resistance by the body. It is therefore essential to shed as much weight as one can to avoid diabetes.
Inactivity: Immobility increases the risk of diabetes in a person. It stacks up glucose in the body, making it difficult for the body to use glucose and convert it into energy. A daily routine which is devoid of physical activity ensures fat storage in the body, which can turn into type 2 diabetes.
Family history: Diabetes, especially type 2, is closely linked with family history. If a person has diabetes, it is very likely that his immediate family or extended family has a history of diabetes.
Ethnicity: African-Americans, people from the Indian subcontinent, Latinos, etc., are more likely to suffer from diabetes compared to their American or European counterparts. Lifestyle and eating habits are the major reasons for diabetes in these races.
Age: Age has a direct correlation with diabetes. The age group of 45–65 is considered to be more diabetes-prone. Inactivity, immobility, and an increase of sugar intake are some of the primary reasons for developing diabetes in this age group. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.