Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suraj Dirwani
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Suraj DirwaniYour feedback matters!
Yauvan pidika or acne vulgaris is an inflammatory skin disorder which is prevalent in both males and females. When the sebaceous glands present on skin produce excessive sebum, the hair follicles present on skin get clogged leading to the formation of acne. According to ayurveda, kapha, pitta, rakta and meda or fat dhathu are responsible for producing acne.
Ayurvedic treatment aims to eliminate the problem from its root. Herbs like Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa), Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia) and Kushta (Saussurea lappa) are known for their properties to reduce acne. Turmeric (Curcuma longa) and Chandana (Santalum album) are also effective in treating acne. The application of Jaiphal (Myristica fragrans) and Khas-Khas (Vetiveria zizanioides) is believed to provide satisfactory results. Neem (Azadirachta indica), Guduchi (Tinospora cordifolia) are known for their blood purifying properties, which can lessen the occurrence of acne and pimple in the long run.
The following are some of the ayurvedic remedies for treating acne:
- To reduce the growth of pimple, rub powder of jamun (Syzygium cumini) seed and apply it on the pimple.
- The peel of orange has medicinal properties that can be used effectively in the treatment of pimple. Make a paste of orange peel powder and rose water; apply it on your face on a regular basis. It is an effective remedy that cures acne and improves the skin tone.
- To achieve an immediate result, apply a paste of lodhra (symplocos crateigodies), vach (acorus calamus) and dhania (coriander). Improvement will be noticed within 7 days.
- A paste of red chandan (red sandalwood) and jaiphal (nutmeg) are also effective in reducing the appearance of acne and pimples.
- Apply a paste of masoor dal (red lentils) with milk, ghee and camphor on your face. It reduces the appearance of acne and clears the scars which are left behind.
- Prepare a paste of lemon, kalaunji (seeds of fennel flower) and milk. Apply it on your face on a regular basis before going to bed. Wash your face with lukewarm water in the morning. This remedy ensures speedy disappearance of acne.
- Make a mixture of nimbu (lemon), extracts of tulsi (basil) and black kasundi (coffee pods), dry it in sun and apply the mixture on face. It is a powerful remedy that is known to cure the problem of acne.
Besides these home remedies, a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle will also enable you to reduce the risk of recurrent acne. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.