Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Supriya VedpathakYour feedback matters!
According to studies, the majority of the world population has at least one missing tooth, when it comes to dental health. Usually, one of the back teeth is missing. Most people do not care about a missing tooth as it is not visible and does not affect one's image. However, a missing back tooth is a matter of concern, and it matters. This is because of the tooth's function and also because bone loss occurs when a back tooth is lost.
Wisdom Tooth: Wisdom tooth or 3rd molar extraction The wisdom teeth, also known as the third molars, are the final set of molars to erupt. Not everyone keeps these teeth, nor are they necessary for having a healthy, beautiful smile. In fact, they can cause harm if they do not come in properly. When these molars come in, usually between the ages of 16 and 20, there may not be enough room left for them to erupt. As a result, they can emerge at an angle, they may crowd the mouth and sometimes they don't fully emerge. This can lead to future oral health problems like infections and pain. So, it should be extracted.
Effects of a lost back tooth: A lost back tooth should not be ignored, even though it did not cause you much inconvenience initially. The problems start occurring slowly and when they reach a fatal stage, a lot of dental problems are likely to occur. A lost tooth causes several problems and damage to your oral health and appearance if you leave it unattended.
Here are the negative effects of a lost back tooth:
- The alveolar bone, which surrounds the teeth requires a good amount of regular stimulation for maintaining health. The lack of stimulation will slowly make the bone waste away.
- With a missing back tooth, the bone width is likely to decrease by 25% within a year and will continue decreasing with the passage of time.
- The bone loss which occurs due to a missing back tooth will also cause problems in chewing food, and the back molars are designed especially for chewing and grinding food. Your speech will also be affected because of a missing back tooth.
- Extensive bone loss can even lead to negative changes in the facial shape. The facial shape also collapses in some cases. This will affect your appearance and will lead to low self-esteem and self-confidence.
Dental Implants: an ideal remedy for a lost back tooth: The best remedy for a missing back tooth is to get a dental tooth implant. Dental implants work effectively to maintain the bone structure. This is because the implants are fused directly into the bone. The bone can function properly and stay healthy after a dental implant is fused into it. You should consult a dentist to choose the best type of dental implant to replace your lost back tooth. Once the implant is installed, your dental functioning will return to normal soon. Little time is required to get adjusted to the implant.
If a back tooth is lost, you will surely miss it. A lost back tooth can affect your overall dental health, may cause bone loss and can even change your facial shape. Dental tooth implants should be used to replace a lost back tooth for maintaining good dental health.
On my right side below cheek I got lyk an potato Actually one of my teeth is holed black black now my nerves r sensitive My question is I got lyk a small round tumor type below the gums it was big before 1 week Nw it is diminishing and still it is there since 1 week When I press that my bad teeth which is holed pains bt dat thing below my gum I hv no pain for that.
I am experiencing gum bleeding problem since a week. I have changed 2 toothbrushes but still having the same problem. Currently using colgate sensitive toothbrush which I found of no use. Kindly suggest me a remedy & a good toothbrush. Thank you.
I tried a lot to get whiter teeth bt I failed every time with many products so can you please help me out?
My Cousin is pregnant now n she is suffering from tooth ache. Doctor suggested not to get treatment till delivery is done. Would please suggest me the ways on how to bypass her pain.
Dear dr, I am 40 years old and have 3 milk teeth at lower jaw and 1 at upper. I seen a dentist recently and after x-ray he found 4 original teeth inside the chin. As such I don' t have any pain or other problem. Any suggestion?
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.
I had a tooth extracted a couple of months back. Now a bridge has to be made. Kindly suggest that should the bridge be only of porceline or can have a metallic component also be.
I had a cut in my front teeth when I was 9 years old, I slipped and fell down in bathroom. I am 22 now and that cut still exist. Will it cause any problem?
How can I fix my upper and lower teeth gap (front). Nd what's the price or fee for that treatment. Tell me the total process time will take that treatment. Thanks I hope you will reply soon as well.
Hello sir /madam, I had a problem that my one tooth was hone before 5years, is it can be possible to attach other one now. R else what can I do.
Gum bleeding is a severe kind of oral trouble and it needs to be resolved as soon as possible otherwise it might get converted into a serious issue. There are some simple ways by means of which bleeding gums can be stopped.
5 ways to prevent bleeding of gums
- Have a healthy diet: Oral health can only be preserved well by maintaining a healthy diet, and this can also prevent bleeding gums. Fruits and veggies are included in this kind of diet. These foods offer necessary nutrients, which get absorbed in your gums as a result of which gums stop bleeding. The state of your gums can be improved by adding those foods into your diet as these are enriched with magnesium, calcium, vitamin C and vitamin A.
- Improving dental care routine: Bleeding gums can be stopped by taking good care of the health of your gums, and this is possible only with the help of a regular dental check-up. Consult a dentist right away. Though flossing and brushing are needed for reducing gum inflammation and swelling, but still medical check-up is required in order to find out whether you are using the correct toothbrush, flossing solution and toothpaste or not. On the other hand, early stages of gum diseases causing bleeding can be detected and thus advanced stages can be easily prevented.
- Quit smoking: You should not continue smoking anymore in order to protect your gums from different troubles or diseases. Tobacco toxins keep on depositing over your gums due to consistent smoking thereby, causing severe troubles, and you might even face gum bleeding.
- Acute relaxation: If your stress levels somehow get increased, then in that case, you might face the trouble of gum bleeding. This is the reason you should steal some time from work for relaxation. You can also start practicing different kinds of stress-releasing therapies like yoga, meditation and other related ones. In this way, your mind troubles will be eliminated, stress level will be controlled, and finally immunity system can be strengthened as a result of which bleeding from the gums can be stopped.
- Stop sharing dental accessories: It has been found that most of the gum diseases are occurring due to sharing of dental accessories with your dear ones; especially toothbrush, braces and others. This will eventually spread affection and love, but along with that infectious gum diseases will also occur, which are highly unwanted. These diseases might lead to severe gum bleeding at times.