Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SunithaYour feedback matters!
Sir actually I am gonna monthly periods on 9 July but only for 3 days in previous months it will take 5 day orr 7 day but in this month only for three days my age is 28.
Since morning I am having bleeding from vagina, my menstrual cycle got over 6 days back, I had take 2 contraceptive pills this month, please help me with what or what not to do to get rid off this?
Hi I'm 38 weeks 2 days pregnant now. I hve false labour pain nd Dr. gve me lmp date at 30th sept .so I hve doubt that wen il get delivered before 1 week or else before 2 days of Lmp date. Plzz suggest me.
I am 35 years old woman. My menstrual period cycle become irregular. I had thyroid test but its normal. My last period date was november24th 2015. What is the cause for my irregular periods. My weight is 55kgs. Height 5.4.
I'm 18 years old and suffering from pcos since 4 years . I ws on medications but it didn't work out. It only showed temporary results. So I thought to give a try to natural remedies. While searching I got to know apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, licorice , flaxseed, fenugreek and other stuffs. And avoid dairy and soy products. So I want to know whether these things are really beneficial for curing pcos and hairfall caused due to it? Also can you please list out what should I eat and avoid. And should I consider these remedies? Can you suggest what test should I do to check hormone level.
I am 31 year married women .I have 3 and half year of baby my weight is very less 35 kg I am using femilon for birth control. Can you suggest me any other medicines that increase weight.
Ideally, surgical incisions are primarily designed to allow easy access to the desired areas in addition to possibilities of extension, if required. Further, they should be designed to split muscles rather than cut them, with minimal scarring along with the aim of boosting regenerative and healing qualities.
Incisions can be classified under these three groups; Vertical, Transverse and Oblique incisions.
- Vertical incision
1. Midline incision: Almost all abdominal incisions can be performed using this technique. Starting from the midline of the abdomen, it can extend all the way down to the umbilicus.
a) Minimal blood loss
b) Minimal nerve injury
c) Minimal muscle injury
a) Midline scar
2. Paramedian incision: This technique provides more laterality to midline incisions, allowing access to such lateral organs such as spleen, kidney and adrenals.
a) Easy access to lateral structures
b) Closure between incisions in anterior and posterior sheath is more secure
c) Rectus muscle remains undivided
a) More time consuming
b) Difficulty in extension
c) Can result in atrophy of the muscle
3. Mayo-Robson incision: This incision is typically a paramedian incision, but which bend towards the xiphoid process and consequently allows for a larger and wider opening.
- Transverse incision
1. Transverse incision: This type of incision is made just above the umbilicus, and can dissect either one of the rectal muscles.
a) Least amount of pain and damage
b) Muscular segments can be reattached
c) Easier access to upper GI structures
a) Limited lateral access
b) Higher risk of wound infections
2. Subcostal incision: Also referred to as the Kocher subcostal incision, this type of incision starts from the midline and runs parallel to the costal margin. A double Kocher incision is known as a rooftop of Chevron incision and allows for access to the esophagus, kidney, stomach and liver. The Mercedes incision is yet another variant, characterized by a vertical incision from the rooftop incision to form the shape of a Mercedes sign.
a) Heals faster
b) Less risk of post-operative complications
a) Lengthy and time-consuming
- Oblique incisions
They are also known as Thoracoabdominal incisions, these incisions may either be situated in the RUQ or LUQ. They provide entry to the liver, lungs and spleen, as well as to the stomach and esophagus.
- Laparoscopic incision
This technique comprises of tiny cuts in the skin that allow laparoscopic tools and instrument access into the abdominal cavity
Related Tip: "Caring For Your Incision After Surgery?"
I am 17 years old I missed my period since 42 days I had sex with my bf what is the solution for me if i'm pregnant please give me solution.
Dear sexologist. Kindly tell. My girlfriend always mood in sex. So if I am fingering her vagina without anal sex. Is she pregnant. I am fear to insert finger in vagina. Please clear my doubt.
Hi my wife is pregnant and we have a baby girl already now she want to have baby boy. So is there any way to find out the gender of fetus. Please help me the ways to do that.
I'm with pcod so eating high fibre foods but its causing excess farting so suggest me now what I have to do?
Hi, im 39 years old single women. Having irregular periods for last two months. Instead of 28 days cycle it has gone upto 45 days. Had my bood tests done I had tested for CBC, FH, AMH n thyroid. Other than being anaemic other reports are normal n there is no sign of hormonal imbalance. I was told by doctors that its sign of peri-menopause. I had my periods after 47 days on 14 Nov. But it started again since 21 Nov its still going on. Please let me know whats the reason for irregular periods n solution also.
My weight is 57 kg and having bmi 27.27. Little more than normal. I am also very short at my age in 18 is near 5 ft. I want to lose my weight and increase height too. My periods are also irregular (pcos). But my days pass in front of books I have nearly no tym for exercising. What to do?
I have irregular periods. From my 7th standard I had heavy bleeding that to for 15 days it continued till my diploma I used to have blood clot in periods. I took medication and got cure of that. I used to get periods for every 3-4 months. Later again I took medication to make my cycle 5 days long. Now I have issue of no periods for 6-7 months. Wt should I do. I have went for scanning I have been diagnosed with pcos in right ovary. I GT married on 29 April 2017. I had my last period on 8th may that too after taking regestrone tablet. And I saw very low bleeding those 5 days not even single pad got full in those 5 days. It's only half or quater pad has been filled. Now it's 15 June no periods till now. I'm scared.
Sir, I and my gf did humping sex. . Now we are very scared does this lead to pregnancy? It was 18 day of her 26 days cycle and as per my gf she ovulated last night and this incident took place in morning, she is virgin now sir, please help us we are really scared.
Hi, I am Dr Aman Sharma. I am practising an Aesthetic physician and I am practising the Holistic medicines. The concept of Holistic medicines is to combine all the possible approaches for disease treatment. I Holistic medicines, we truly believe that a disease on caused by a lot of factors, more than one and other than only what is visible on the surface. What we see on the surface, for example only in the skin, may be only pimples or may be the only hair loss. But hair loss, pimples, pigmentation happen on the skin are the reflection of things going wrong inside.
What happens when we get simple problems on the skin like acne or a pimple. There has to be an underlined cause. Many people say, most of us believe and we tell our patients also that it is a hormonal acne. But what is controlling the hormones? Why are some people getting more changes than others? What are the reasons for hormonal imbalance?
So we target not only the external treatments, not only with creams and gels and not taking some medicines orally but also managing the lifestyle changes. It is known according to the concept of our holistic medicines that hormones are dependent on the sleep wake cycle, type of food intake, hormones are also dependent on the amount of physical exercise and type of physical exercises we do. So all this encompasses the scope of holistic medicines. So not only the external medicines like creams, gels, oral medicines but also along focusing on eating right and breathing right. So we attempt to train all our patients to eat, live, breath right for the comprehensive treatment of the disease. So this is the concept of Holistic medicines.
Also, it is very important to understand that one thing does not help or treat in isolation. If we are focusing only on few treatments managing recurrent infections by antibiotics only, people are getting allergies every few days until the time they are taking medicines their allergies are OK. So there have to be multiple underlined causes and all of them has to be tackled. All of those are just markers many times of only inflammation in the body. We have to target that inflammation also within the body.
So manage a diet in a way which reduces the inflammation within the body. Managing our lifestyles or our daily routine which help our body and mind giving a right time to focus on the healing of the body. So, with the concept of holistic medication, every individual is treated as a separate entity. Every individual is unique and the same disease can be manifest in different ways in different individuals. So we take into account the person's body type and treat according to person's body type. So, it is very important to understand that what is the nature of the body to eat accordingly, to exercise according to the body types, to do the breathing or yoga according to the body types. Even the medicines have some influence depending on the body type, what we choose depending on person to person.
It is not difficult to find out what your body type is. It is very easy to find out the body type by login on to holisticskincare.in or contacting us via Lybrate. Or managing being our own guides we truly believe that knowledge is a cure. So, till the time we understand the disease process, what is going on in the body, a cure will be slow or cure will move away from us. It is very important to understand in depth that what is causing disease and managing it accordingly.
If you feel that no one can help or guide you in channelising your desires, you are wrong. A relationship is subject to a lot of misunderstandings, especially when the sex life is disturbed or fading. Most people tend to keep quiet about such issues instead of seeking help. A sexologist is a therapist who specialises in sexual problems and knows how to deal with them. Here are the top reasons why you should consider visiting a sexologist:
- If you have low sex drive, you are bound to avoid physical intimacy with your partner. This might happen because of various reasons, such as hormonal changes, certain medications, stress, and fatigue. If you low sex drive has become a persistent problem in your life, you should consult a sexologist about it.
- If you experience intense sexual behaviour, urges and fantasies which involve strange objects, situations and activities, it is a genuine problem. It is likely to be associated with some psychological issue. This may lead to great distress in your social, personal and occupational life. Visiting a sexologist is very important during such situations.
- There are several physiological problems which may lower your sex drive or may disable you to perform in bed. In men, disorders such as erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation and the inability to penetrate in spite of having an erection are common. Although these can be treated with medicines, visiting a sexologist will help you know about the condition and the different treatment modes available. Such problems in women include vaginal dryness, dyspareunia vaginal trauma or vaginismus.
- When your sexual needs and desires do not match with that of your partner’s, problems and issues are likely to surface. One of you may suffer from low sex drive as well. As a couple, it is important to communicate with each other and visit a sexologist.
- If you are obsessed and preoccupied with sexual thoughts all the time and your performance and functioning are being affected, a psychological issue is indicated. This needs immediate treatment and hence, you must visit a sexologist.
- It may be possible for you to feel guilty about having sex. This may happen on the account of a bad sexual experience in the past, such as being a victim of child abuse. You can solve the problem by talking it out with a sexologist.
You should also visit a sexologist if you are unable to achieve orgasms. This is more common in women than men. Ejaculation and orgasm are associated with each other. If you cannot attain an orgasm in spite of having a sex drive, you should be concerned and seek medical opinion.