Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sunith NawaliYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from high cholesterol (total 222) and prediabetes (hb1ac 6.3%).please let me know that do I need to take any medicine or just a lift style change. I feel very lethargic in the morning and feel very low energy and fatigue.
When I feel sad there is depression kind of feeling in my heart. My heart beat increases when I feel sad. It feels like my heart is soaked.
Cardiomyopathy includes diseases involving the heart muscle. These diseases have various causes, types, symptoms and modes of treatment.
The heart muscle gets enlarged, thick or rigid. In several cases, the heart muscle tissue is replaced with a scar tissue. As this condition worsens, the heart gets weaker and the ability to pump blood is disrupted, which can cause heart failure or irregular beating of the heart. The weakened state of the heart can lead to valvar diseases.
The different types of cardiomyopathy are:
- Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy: This is a common form and affects people of all ages. Men and women are affected equally. This condition arises due to the enlargement and thickening of the heart muscle. The ventricles, the septum and the lower heart chamber usually thicken, which causes obstruction in pumping of blood by the heart. This disease also causes stiffness in the ventricles, and cellular changes in the tissue.
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy: This form of cardiomyopathy develops due to the enlargement and weakening of the ventricles. The issue arises from the left ventricle and develops over time. It may even affect the right ventricle. More effort is put in by the heart muscles for pumping blood and slowly the heart is unable to pump blood effectively. This condition may lead to heart failure, valve diseases or blood clots in the heart.
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy: This disease occurs due to the stiffening of the ventricles, without thickening of the walls of the heart. The ventricles are not allowed to relax and do not receive a sufficient volume of blood supply. This condition causes heart failure and valvar problems over time.
- Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia: This rare form of cardiomyopathy occurs when fat or fibrous tissues replace the muscle tissue of the right ventricle. This causes arrhythmias and disruption in the electrical signals of the heart. It generally affects teens and may cause cardiac arrest in athletes.
- Unclassified Cardiomyopathy: Some types of cardiomyopathy of this category include left ventricular non compaction where the ventricles develop trabeculations. Takotsubo cardiomyopathy is another disease where immense stress causes failure of the heart muscles.
Treatment: Many cases of cardiomyopathy come and go away on their own. Treatment for other cases depends on the severity and symptoms. The major treatment methods are:
Lifestyle changes meant for a healthier heart.
Modes of surgery for treatment of cardiomyopathy include:
- Septal myectomy
- Heart transplant
Implant devices such as Cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) device, Implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD), Left ventricular assist device and pacemakers are fitted into the heart for better performance.
Cardiomyopathy can be of many different types, each arising from different situations and conditions. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the complication or on the basis of symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
I am 60 years old. I have no Sugar and Blood Pressure. For a recent days I feel my hearing capacity appears to be low. What are the remedial steps to regain normal hearing capacity.
I am suffering from gas problem since a week and there is also pain in my chest what could be it's reasons.
My mother had Hyper tension since decade. She intakes Lasocar-H 50 mg daily. 3 days ago, she felt her BP had gone down so she checked her bp in digital BP machine and found her BP to be in normal stage 100/60. So from last 3 days she skipped her medicine. Today when I checked her bp again, her bp shows 100/60 without intaking medicine. I am confused now to give her regular medicine or not? She feels dizzy nd her shoulder aches.
I am a 47 year old man and about 2 years ago I had undergone an angioplasty to remove a block in my left artery. Now since a month I am getting sharp stabs of pain on the left side of my neck from behind the left ear to the left shoulder muscles. I sometimes feel dizzy which lasts for a couple of minutes. I got checked by a physician and was given tablets like Taxim-AZ, Aceclo MR, Calpol 500 mg and Mac RD capsules for a period of three days. The pain had stopped but has returned after the course got over. I have free movement of neck and left arm but sharp piercing pain every now and then along with a dull throb on the left side at the base of the skull. What should I do?
Someday back while urinating suddenly I fell down on washroom. Before fell down I sense that I can hear my heart beat very slowly, feeling like normal body vibration later blackout and fell down in between urine. Don't even know when I fell down my dad check me what happen to me at that time my body was shaking slowly and I'm only able to give response to my dad after 20-30 sec. I noticed that when my dad call me what happen to me I'm not able to see properly and don't even know what my dad was asking to me but later with in 20-30 second i'm able to respond properly and I don't have any problem. Due to this incident I remember that this before this earlier twice or thrice in May be past 6 years it already happened with me. But due to recent incident I'm too scared please suggest me what to do. I've done all test My doctor told me it because of sudden low blood pressure and advise me to sit and do urine. But once it happened while in gym. My age is 23. Weight 50 kg Please suggest anyone?
Respected Dr. My father is 62 years old. He feel chest pain 3 days ago. I meet to a cardiologist. He declare him partial heart attack after ECG. And recommend 10 days medicine. So my question is if Dr. Know that it was a heart attack then why he not do further check like engiografy or other.
Hello sir, I have pain in my chest on the left hand side near to the heart and also omitting problem. What should I do?
Hello Dr. Sir my mother is 55 year old is hearts patient 2009 first heart block then second 2010 the Dr. had surgery plant the pacemaker after 5 year ago 2010 may mother is in this time big fat grow but please concern loss weight to next some carefully my mom.
One can reverse heart dis. by life style changes like stopping smoking,weight management, brisk walk/jogging, nuritious high fibre food, yoga, meditation, possitive thinking,proper sleep and stress control.It is now a medicaly proven fact.