Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil VaniYour feedback matters!
How to control cholesterol and can we use sugar free powder for diabetes person is dat good for health.
What is Aortic aneurysm?
The heart is the most important muscle in your body, and its primary job is to pump the blood across. The aorta is the largest blood vessel of the human body and is used by the heart to push the blood along. The Aorta is also one of the strongest vessels, but in some cases, due to the wear and tear condition the walls can weaken and bulge in what is called an aortic aneurysm. This can cause a rupture of the vessels as a result of which, blood gets leaked into the body.
Types of Aortic aneurysm:
There are two known types of aortic aneurysms. One of which is located in the chest and is known as the thoracic aortic aneurysm, and the one which forms in the abdomen is called an abdominal aortic aneurysm.
Thoracic aortic aneurysm
There are many causes of the Thoracic aortic aneurysm. Genes play a significant role in increasing the chances. The other factors can include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, infections and blockages in the arteries. Sometimes a traumatic injury due to an accident can also lead to the condition. The biggest disadvantage of the disease is that the symptoms do not occur in the early stages and only in their chronic stages they appear. Some of the symptoms include chest or back pain, difficulty in breathing, shortness of a breath and persistent cough. Diagnosis can be made by an X-ray, CT scan, and ultrasound. Medications can help to an extent in relieving the pain and symptoms but however, in some extreme cases surgery is required. During the surgery, a synthetic tube replaces the damaged artery- as a result of which the blood gets channelled without any hindrances.
Abdominal aortic aneurysm
In the case of an abdominal aortic aneurysm, the aorta that passes through your abdomen gets damaged. As in the event of the Thoracic aortic aneurysm, there are no visible symptoms initially. Symptoms if they appear can include a deep back pain and persistent pain the side of the abdomen. Dizziness and weightlessness can also be other factors. Once again as in the case of the Thoracic aortic aneurysm, high blood pressure and cholesterol levels can be the risk factors. The problem also gets aggravated when the person is a frequent smoker and drinker. The diagnosis can happen through an X-ray, CT scan or an ultrasound. Once diagnosed, medications can heal the symptoms to an extent. Routine checkups are usually done to check the condition. In the cases where the bulge is bigger, surgeries are done to relieve the damaged part.
As with many cases, a good lifestyle change and healthy habits can keep many of the conditions in check. The same goes for an aortic aneurysm too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I m 58, till such time no problem. Now blood pressure is 100 and 140. What precautions should I start to control with in limit. I m not taking any type of medicine. H K Kalra.
I am 65 years male residing in pune, india. I have athresclerosis of coronary and carotid arteries. Have undergone two ptca procedures for lad and om2 and one for right carotid. Besides I have an icd implanted following two with episodes. I am also diabetic. Values are under control with medicines. Ghb around 7. Fasting below 120 and pp below 160. Lipid profile is also ok except for hdl which is around 32. But it has been low for last many years. Problem seems to be hereditary. Are there any ayurvedic medicines for these ailments?
Sometimes I have pain in left chest. It is just for a while. Also it pain near breastbone. Also pain in back side. I feel very fear of that. It gets palpation rapidly. When I bring ecg it is normal. I can't understand why this happen? I also done cholesterol test which is normal. Cpkmb test is also normal. I can't understand what to do. I have done X ray which is also normal. Tingling in food carrying track.
I have normal LFT KFT LIPID profile however I have HbA1C of 6.7 and high blood pressure of 88/146. My father was diabetic. Pl advise. Thanks Ajay.
How to lose my Weight with in a month & how to control my body cholesterol please prescribe some good medicine please reply as soon as.
My chest is aching from last few days. The position of pain is upper- left portion which is just 1 or 1.5 inch from center of chest. Bt I doesn't feel discomfort till then I am not doing some activity (like when I try to lie down, sitting up, or may stretch my body a bit up. Pain also appears when I try to inhale or exhale air deeply. please suggest possible reason and medicine. My ecg report is normal.
Hello doctor my self imran and I am 27 year old. I have sneezing problem once started it will take 5 to 10 continuously and my nose keep ruining and by which watery type plegem stays in my chest please advise me homeopathy medicine which cures forever.
High Blood Pressure damages the body slowly but surely. It amplifies the risk of heart problems and even early death. The increased pressure of blood travelling through the arteries puts a strain on the arterial walls damaging the heart, brain and the kidneys. High B.P. can also cause effects like dizziness, inability to sleep properly or cramps in legs. Fortunately, you can avoid the risk of these life threatening complications by reducing your B.P. naturally without medication.
Here are 5 effective ways to do so –
1. Go for Soya: Replace some of the refined Carbohydrates in your diet with foods that are rich in soya such as tofu or you can sometimes use soya bean oil. Soya is rich in proteins and has high content of insoluble fibre and helps to lower systolic blood pressure.
2. Magic of Herbs: Herbs like basil, cinnamon, garlic, cardamom and celery are highly effective in bringing down Blood Pressure and work like magic. They can be added to food to enhance flavour or as supplements.
3. Calcium Packed Yoghurt: Intake of more than 800 mgs of calcium is known to reduce the risk of high blood pressure by nearly 23 percent in contrast to people consuming less than 400 mg. Low fat dairy products especially yoghurt are a great source of calcium and you can enjoy 2-3 helpings daily to lower your Blood Pressure.
4. Dark Magic: Dark Chocolate contains Polyphenols that protect against high BP and other heart and vascular diseases. You can enjoy natural unsweetened cocoa powder or unsweetened dark chocolate and have the pleasure of not only its wonderful taste but also get its blood pressure lowering benefits.
5. Limit your Fructose: Limiting the intake of salt is an important yet common advice for High Blood Pressure but limiting Fructose is equally crucial one. Fructose is a simple sugar found in most fruits and some vegetables. Fruits like mango, banana, apple, lychee etc., fruit juices, table sugar, corn syrup, honey, sugar alcohols are all high in fructose. When digested fructose breaks down into uric acid which elevates BP. So, if you wish to control your BP, you must reduce your intake of foods having high levels of Fructose.
In short, you have to avoid not only excessive salt but sugar too to keep away from hypertension!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.