Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil ShahYour feedback matters!
Low digestion and vomiting. Stomach pain. Please suggest for below ultrasound report. Ultrasound report - liver is mildly enlarged. Parenchymal. Echogenicity is increased. Impression- mild hepatomegaly with increased echogenicity (fatty liver)
I have severe gastric problem. Sometimes I vomit due to gastric. My stomach ache and whole body pains. Suggest some help.
Diabetes is a systemic disease that affects almost every part of your body. Of these, the digestive system is the most badly affected. While gastrointestinal disorders are commonly experienced by everyone, diabetics have a much higher risk of suffering from indigestion, food poisoning, gallstones and ulcers. Some of the most common gastrointestinal problems experienced by diabetics are:
- Gastroparesis: High blood sugar levels can damage the vagus nerve that controls the emptying of the stomach. As a result fo this damage, the muscles of the stomach and intestines do not work optimally leading to a condition known as Gastroparesis. This is a condition where the stomach is not able to empty itself properly and the digestion process is slowed down. Gastroparesis can cause bloating, nausea, pain in the abdomen, heart burn and a loss of appetite. It can also cause undigested food in the stomach to harden and form lumps that block food from moving into the intestines. This disease cannot be cured but can be managed with medication and a special diet.
- Ulcers: Stomach ulcers can be described as open sores that develop on the inner lining of the stomach, oesophagus and beginning of the small intestine. These ulcers form as a result of bacterial infections. Diabetes weakens a person’s immune system thus reducing their ability to fight these infections and increasing the risk of developing ulcers. Diabetes also increases the risk of bleeding from these ulcers and secondary infections that may arise from it.
- Yeast infections: Diabetics are extremely vulnerable to yeast infections. This is aggravated by fluctuation in blood sugar levels and can extend from the mouth to the oesophagus. Common symptoms of this type of yeast infection are pain in the throat and difficulty swallowing. It may also cause heartburn and intestinal bleeding if left untreated.
- Celiac sprue: This condition creates gluten allergies and causes the inflammation and thinning of the small intestine’s mucosa. In some cases, this condition may interfere with the absorption of food and lead to diarrhoea and weight loss.
- Diabetic diarrhoea: Patients who have been suffering from diabetes for a few years may experience an increased urge to pass stools frequently. This is usually related to gastric problems in the colon which cause fluids to move at a faster than normal speed through the small bowel and colon. It may also be caused due to the secretion of fluids in the colon and improper absorption of food. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I'm suffering with severe pain in the right side of my abdomen whenever I move or I sense the moment in the muscles over there?
Dear doctor I have been suffering from anul fissure since 12 years. Now I face some problem such as constipation. When stool is hard then my anus finishing point occur swelling and pain and not smoothly delivered stool. I want to know better advice about anal fissure and piles.
I am 50 yr old, I am suffering from writer's cramp which caused anxiety & depression. Taking propanalol, alpazolam and pregabalin since long. Since a few year feeling sleepiness at day time, memory loss and digestion problem. Want help please.
I am facing stomach problems since 6 months, as may due to gastric problem or not I do not know, always stomach was being tight, when sleeping there was back pain,
Sir mere rectom me cancer ki surgery 2 sal phle hui thi pr mera pet thik nhi rhta Gas's aur acidity khub hota hy jeske karn bar bar bathroom Jana pdta hy kya kru.
In modern day societies of intense stress and work pressure, the average diet mostly comprises of street foods, packaged fast foods and processed foods. Such stress and overexposure to a lot of toxins (present in the processed food, fast foods, and street foods) disable the liver from performing its primary function of cleansing the toxic materials through the skin, the respiratory and the digestive system. Besides, this overexposure to toxins also disrupts bile formation, which hinders the absorption of necessary nutrients, resulting in a severe disruption in health. Also, liver is responsible for the proper functioning of the eyes, the brain, the kidneys and the joints in the body. Thereby, it is necessary to include these 7 foods in your diet which help to detoxify your liver from the excessive toxins and allow it to function properly.
- Avocado: Avocados contain a rich amount of the antioxidant glutathione, which helps the liver to fight against the toxins.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a rich amount of selenium and allicin, which helps to cleanse the liver. A little amount of garlic helps in the activating liver enzymes which in turn helps to eliminate the toxins from the body.
- Green tea: Green tea contains a rich amount of the plant antioxidant known as Catechin, which help the liver to function properly. It also helps to protect the liver from the toxins.
- Beets and Carrots: Beets and carrots contain a rich amount of beta - carotenes and plant flavonoids which help to regulate the overall function of the liver.
- Turmeric: A little amount of turmeric in your daily meal helps in the cleansing the liver by helping the enzymes to get rid of the toxic carcinogens.
- Green Vegetables: Green Vegetables like spinach, bitter gourd and chicory contains a rich amount of detoxifying components, which helps in the neutralization of heavy metals which in turn regulates the cleansing ability of the liver. Green vegetables also help in the simulation of the flow of bile.
- Grape Fruit: Grapefruits contain a rich amount of vitamin C and antioxidants which initiates the cleansing process of the liver. Grapefruits also help in the formation of enzymes that destroys toxins like carcinogens.
I have chest pain whenever I bend down or stretch my body I feel the pain on my chest. I think it is due to acid reflux. Could you please suggest the remedy.
Sir, my child age 1 years 6 month male weight 10 kg he not eat normally always forces and not latin regularly medicine use homeopathy adel-11 three time daily, he daily eating morning dexolac-3 after two hour later he eat dexolac-3 and what tutee hand made 1 pm-past ricr and vegetable and fish or egg 4.30 pm dexolac-3 and patanjali foot kelox and 7 pm dexolac-3 and kellox and 10 pm dexolac-3 and what rutee, but he not latin regularly when he latin crying he is very then and not sleep proper time at night sleep approx 12. 30 am to 8 am and afternoon 2 pm to4. 30 pm. Thankyou.
The inflammation of your pancreas over a short period of time indicates acute pancreatitis, which is a serious health condition. You may experience symptoms such as severe abdomen pain all of a sudden, diarrhoea and feeling of being sick. Acute pancreatitis occurs when there are some problems with certain enzymes in the pancreas. This condition is often associated with gallstones and alcohol consumption.
Acute pancreatitis can be cured in a hospital, where you will get monitored for signs of serious issues. In some cases, supportive things like oxygen and fluids are required. Here are the various ways by which the condition can be treated:
1. Fluids: The body may get dehydrated during acute pancreatitis. Fluids are provided via a tube connected to one of the veins of the patient. This is known as intravenous or IV fluid. These fluids may help in the prevention of a problem called hypovolemic shock, which occurs when the amount of blood in your body gets lowered due to a drop in fluids.
2. Nutrition: Diet is usually not restricted for people with acute pancreatitis, but some patients are recommended not to consume solid food for some time. Attempting to digest solid food may cause a strain on the pancreas. You may need to avoid solid food for some days. You should use a feeding tube to get essential nutrients. This process is called enteral feeding and it may involve the insertion of a tube into your stomach via the nose.
3. Oxygen: For ensuring sufficient oxygen supply to your vital organs, you will be supplied with oxygen through the tubes on your nose. The tube may be removed when your condition improves. In some cases, ventilation equipment may be required for assistance to breathe.
4. Painkillers: Acute pancreatitis causes severe abdominal pain and strong painkillers such as morphine may be given to the patient. These may make the patient feel drowsy.
Treatment of underlying cause
After controlling the symptoms, the underlying cause must be treated. They are as follows:
1. Gallstone: When pancreatitis occurs because of a gallstone, you may require a process known as endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography or ERCP. The gallbladder may have to be removed, if necessary.
2. Alcohol consumption: After getting treated for acute pancreatitis and you have recovered from this condition, you should try to avoid alcohol completely. Alcohol may spoil your recovery and the condition might reoccur or the symptoms may reappear. For freedom from alcohol, you may try counselling, joining self-help groups such as Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) or take a medicine which reduces your craving for alcohol.
It is recommended that you visit a doctor immediately after experiencing any slight or severe symptoms of acute pancreatitis. This will help in early diagnosis and the chances of the symptoms getting worse are prevented. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.
I'm getting pain in right side abdominal. Actually I having kidney stones in left side but I don't know some time getting pain right side also. Help me for this. And also how to cure stones permanently in kidney.
Although gall bladder stones are normal and easily removable, in a small percentage of people it can become serious with complicated implications. From severe blockage to moving into another part of the digestive system, gall bladder stones can wreak havoc. Here is a brief overview of some of the complicated cases that can arise out of gall bladder stones:
- Acute cholecystitis: For few people, gall bladder can lead to complete blockage of the bile duct. This leads to accumulation of bile inside the gall bladder resulting in inflammation and infection of the gall bladder. The medical term for this condition is known as acute cholecystitis. Some typical symptoms of this condition include sharp pain the upper abdomen that can travel to shoulder as well. This can be followed by high temperature and rapid heart bit. Studies have shown that one amongst seven people suffering from this condition also tend to suffer from Jaundice.
- Jaundice: Jaundice occurs due to the complete blockage of the bile duct and accumulation of bile in the gall bladder. Some typical symptoms of jaundice include pale stools, yellowish skin, and eyes, brown urine and itching. Most times, the stone gets away from the bile duct automatically. If, however, it doesn’t happen, it must be removed surgically.
- Acute cholangitis: When the bile duct gets blocked, it is subjected to bacterial infection. The medical term for this condition is known as acute cholangitis. Some of the symptoms of this condition include pain in the upper abdomen, chills, itchy skin, high temperature, and jaundice. This is followed by a general feeling of un-wellness most of the time.
- Acute pancreatitis: This is a condition that develops when the gall stone jumps from the gall bladder and obstructs the opening of the pancreas resulting in inflammation of the pancreas. Some of the common symptoms of this condition include a dull pain in the center of the stomach. The pain might become dull and constant. Some other symptoms of this condition include diarrhea, feeling sick, abdomen tenderness, loss of appetite etc.
- Gall bladder Cancer: This is another complication of gall stone. It is estimated that 3 out of 4 people suffering from gall cancer has a complication of gall stone. In this condition, the gall bladder is removed as a precaution for the cancer-spread. Some of the common symptoms of this condition include high temperature, jaundice, and abdominal pain.
- Gallstone ileus: This is a rare condition that occurs when the bowel gets obstructed by the gallstone. The latter can do that because of the opening called fistula which helps the stone to float to the bowel and obstructs it for good. A surgical intervention is necessary to treat this condition.
Laproscopy cholecystectomy for cholecystitis ( acute / chronic )
Laparoscopic cholecystectomy has become the gold standard in the treatment of symptomatic gallstones. The common opinion about treatment of acute cholecystitis is initially conservative treatment due to preventing complications of inflamation and following laparoscopic cholecystectomy after 6- 8 weeks. However with the increase of laparoscopic experience in recent years, early laparoscopic cholecystectomy has become more common.