Find numerous Gastroenterologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Sunil ShahYour feedback matters!
When I am wake up in morning I feel tiredness and weakness in my back arm specially in both legs. Symptoms are same as diarrhea. These symptoms are decrease as time spend and goes away till afternoon. Please tell me the cause.
I am suffering a long time from gas, acidity, vomiting and dizziness. After testing found fatty lever, high triglyceride, and high uric acid. I am working in computer minimum 8 hours per day. I also feel senseless little finger in both hands. Please suggest how to control these problem.
Hello doctor I have problem of heart burn and sour belching problem specially in evening time please help me.
Acidity gives you tremendous discomfort. The stomach condition wherein acid levels of the gastric juices are much more than normal is known as hyperacidity. It causes uneasiness alongside symptoms like loss of appetite, heartburn, unexpected stomach pain, etc. According to Ayurveda, the main cause of this condition is the worsening of the Pitta Dosha (the fire element) in your body.
The reasons that worsen this dosha are:
- Having foods that don't match your constitution or which aren't supposed to be had like milk and salt or milk and fish
- Extremely spicy and sour beverages and foods
- White flour products
- Products made from white sugar
- Excessive intake of coffee and tea
- Having food even though you may be suffering from indigestion
- Controlling the urge to urinate or pass stool
- Prolonged exposure to heat and the sun
What happens to your digestive power?
The exacerbated Pitta worsens your digestive fire, causing your food to be not properly digested as well as influence the production of ama (toxins). When ama builds up in your various digestive channels, it brings about the problem of hyperacidity. The treatment focuses on calming down the irritated Pitta Dosha. For this, certain herbs are used to get rid of the toxins that block these channels. This automatically improves your digestive fire, bringing about better digestion.
What changes you're required to make?
To keep this problem at bay, there are certain lifestyle changes that you may have to make such as
- To curb the consumption of acidic foods like garlic, onions, ginger, vinegar, and tomatoes
- Avoid having curd/yogurt at night
- Practice yoga and Pranayam like Bhujangasana, Vajrasana, Shitkari Pranayam and so on
- Avoid fermented as well as processed foods
- Avoid coffee, tea, alcoholic or carbonated beverages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.