Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunayana DubeYour feedback matters!
How safe is it to have artificial sweeteners during pregnancy?
Ingredients that you generally come across in candies, soft drinks, desserts and so on are known as artificial sweeteners. Many women during their pregnancy include these ingredients (in the form of foods and drinks that have been artificially sweetened) in their diet so as to cut down the amount of sugar in their diet.
But before you go about including them in your diet during pregnancy, there are certain things that you need to be aware of. Artificial sweeteners are generally of two types - nutritive sweeteners and nonnutritive sweeteners, the former contains calories while the latter doesn't.
Which sweeteners are safe to have?
Nutritive sweeteners, when consumed in moderation, can be looked upon as safe to have when you're pregnant, as long as they don't add to your body weight. But if you suffer from carbohydrate intolerance like diabetes, insulin resistance or even gestational diabetes, you need to limit the consumption of nutritive sweeteners. This type of sweeteners includes the different forms of sugar sucrose, honey, corn sugar, maltose, fructose and dextrose.
On the other hand, non-nutritive sweeteners are found in small quantities in foods since their role there is to only add a certain sweetening effect to the food product. Experts are still carrying out research on the effects of this type of sweeteners on pregnant women and their babies during pregnancy. The category includes options like sucralose, aspartame, rebaudioside a or stevia and acesulfame potassium.
Which sweeteners are not safe to have during pregnancy?
Apart from certain sweeteners that you can have during this period, there are some that are a total no-go - these are saccharin and cyclamate. While insufficient data is available for the effect of cyclamate on pregnant women, several studies conducted in the past show the adverse effect of saccharin. Certain studies have revealed its effect on the bladder (it can lead to bladder cancer) as well as on fetal tissue and placenta. Contact with this form of sweeteners can cause the unborn or infants to develop muscle dysfunction and irritability
Related Tip: 6 Pregnancy Complications You Need to Know About
Diabetes refers to a medical condition where the glucose level in your blood increases. It usually happens if there is an excess amount of glucose in your body and your body is unable to utilize it efficiently. In this condition your pancreas either stops producing insulin or fails to produce the requisite amount and hence prevents glucose from entering the cells of your body.
This in turn affects your blood glucose level. Millions of people around the globe are affected by diabetes irrespective of their gender or age. For most people diabetes is generally a lifelong medical condition and can affect your health seriously if it gets severe.
There are many stages and types of diabetes, such as Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, Gestational diabetes, Pre-diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus and Diabetes Insipidus. Not all diabetes can be prevented but some of the above mentioned ones can be prevented with proper care. Below mentioned are eight tips to prevent diabetes
1. Eating the right portion: The primary key for preventing diabetes is choosing the right amount of food. Eating the right portions can help you to stay away from diabetes. Consider seeking advice from a nutritionist or dietician for knowing the exact portion size you should eat according to your age.
2. Exercise on a regular basis: Exercising regularly for at least half an hour a day can help you to prevent diabetes. You may consider walking or running exercises.
3. Choose the right food: Opt for whole grains as this can help you to maintain your blood sugar level and keep diabetes at bay. Also, try and avoid red meat as it contains high levels of iron which can affect insulin production and increase your chances of developing diabetes.
4. Get rid of obesity: If your BMI is more than thirty then you are suffering from obesity. Obesity increases your chances of developing diabetes. So in order to prevent diabetes you should work at maintaining a balanced weight.
5. Avoid carbonated drinks: Carbonated drinks contain high levels of sugar. This can increase your chances of developing diabetes. So you should try and avoid drinks like colas.
Following the above mentioned tips can help you to avert diabetes.
I am pregnant since 49 days but last night I had sex and after I seen blood so I am worried that is everything ok or not or I miscarriage? Kindly reply me.
I want to know which season is better for conceive or child birth to get a intelligent and healthy child, winter season like nov. Dec jan. Is good or not. Proper timing to sex for conceive a male child please suggest, both scientifically and traditional point of view.
My daughter is little tense about her growth of mammry gland she feel ejection of milk she is worried about it Is it natural or has some problem her age is 17 weight 40 and period is going on is there any problem because ejection is produce when pregnancy is there kindly help me.
Dear Doc, can anyone help me with my query please many thanks in advance. Me & my spouse planned to have a baby & tried for couple of months, last month 12th she had her periods we planned our intercourse accordingly during ovulation. This month she had to get her periods by 11th November but she's late by 4 days. Last week she was telling she's feeling very tired & has back pain. Is she pregnant? We did home pregnancy on 12th November was negative. Also she has slight white creamy discharge is that fine. After how many days can we see the doctor for confirmation. Is there any tablets to take as prenatal.
I ate green papaya in my pregnancy. Google says dnt eat this. But I am having it. Now what will happen .i am in great fear.
I am 22 year old girl and my bf fingered me and unknowingly my bf's sperm through his underwear, then through his jeans touched my hand and without much notice I kept my hand at my pussy, after one month of this incident I took home pregnancy test which got negative and for a period of 2 months I missed my periods and after 2 and half months of that incident I got my periods, is there any chance of getting pregnancy, please help me thank you.
Do you love to eat up the whole fruit? Or, is it the freshly crushed juice that appeals to you more. Both as you know are healthy options. However, is there really a difference between the nutritional value of the two, if it involves the same fruit?
The answer is a big 'Yes'.
While freshly squeezed fruit juice is a healthy addition to your daily diet, it cannot replace eating whole fruits (or vegetables). In the choice between juicing and eating whole fruits, though juicing has its advantages, the latter offers more nutrition. Here's why.
Advantage: Juicing is convenient
The convenience of gulping down a glass of juice versus eating a whole fruit is one of the biggest advantages of juicing. However, this counts as a convenience only if you aren't making the juice and cleaning the juicer yourself. When you have to make your own juice, it probably would be easier to simply cut and eat the fruit.
Advantage: Juicing makes it easier for the body to absorb nutrients
Juicing is said to make absorbing nutrients easier for people with digestive diseases such as inflammatory bowel diseases. This is because the process of juicing removes fibers thus giving the digestive system less work to do. Another advantage is eating a whole fruit fills you up more than drinking a glass of juice. This allows you to take in higher amounts of vitamins, minerals, enzymes etc. However, this theory has not been proved.
Disadvantage: Juicing removes fiber
Though the removal of fiber makes it easier for the body to digest fruit juice, this loss of fiber is actually a disadvantage for people with a healthy digestive system. Since the digestive system does not have to work on digesting fibers in juice, the body uses fewer calories in the process. Lesser calories burnt imply lesser weight loss. Since juices are digested faster than whole fruits, hunger is satisfied for shorter periods of time leading to an increased appetite.
Disadvantage: Juicing removes flavonoids
Along with a loss of fiber, flavonoids found in the skin and fruit pulp are also lost in the process of juicing. Flavonoids have been linked to longevity and are best known for their antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that help prevent a number of cardiovascular diseases. In citrus fruits, the whole fruit is said to have five times the flavonoids as a glass of juice made from them.
To fuse the convenience of juice and the healthiness as whole fruit, use a blender instead of a juicer. This way, you don't lose any fruit pulp and can enjoy a tasty glass of juice.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 29 years old. I suffer from scanty menstruation. Have did a lot cure this. But I didn't get any result n I have gained weight. Have done all kinda exercises. Diets. Tried Ayurveda, homeopathic and allopathic medicines but the result is zero. Now that I am married and will be planning for a baby. How m I supposed to lose weight and wht at scanty fall? Please guide me.
Dr. I had a problem of not having an orgasm while having sex I get orgasm very easily when my husband used to lick and suck my breast earlier I used to have orgasm during sex also but from the period of a year I do not get an orgasm or that relieved satisfaction that earlier I used to get. Kindly suggest me some medication or something that has no bad affects on health if taken regularly or give me some medication to have orgasm during intercourse. I am 23 years old and I have recently diagnosed PCOS although my sex desires are no less I always have a desire to have sex where ever I am alone with my hubby but I do not get orgasm very rarely I get an orgasm.
I am 25 year girl. I already suffering from pcod last 1 year. With this I have headache as well.help me
Hi I have married last before 5 years. But till today I have not get any baby. Please. Advise me for further treatment. I waiting For your reply.
I am 12 weeks and 5 Days pregnant so I wanted to know, is there any limit in having fruits such as Apple, orange, muskmelon, watermelon, pomegranates and so on. Note: earlier had a miscarriage. Please help me out.
It is not abnormal to see white discharges in women with different age groups. In a specific face of menstrual cycle this discharge can be seen. This problem is generally seen in teenage girls. Little bit of white discharge is not at all a medical problem. But, it can cause discomfort for the lady having white discharge. Excess of the discharge in a lady can be a matter of concern.
The medical term used for this white color liquid is known as Leuchorroea. This can give rise to many serious problems in the reproductive organ of the ladies.Women suffer from variety of health conditions that is mostly connected to genital organ and reproductive system. Getting white discharge is also a type of adverse physical condition that affects the overall health of the women.
Women feel really week and pale during this situation. Stomach pain is also been backed with the white discharge in women. During this stage, women give out the white or yellow color vaginal discharge. This is quite likely to happen during the menstrual cycle of individuals. Some women also suffer it during the pregnancy period. We have some home remedies, let us find out.
Problem caused due to white discharge
- How to treat the hormonal imbalance at home
- Sexually transmitted disease
- Pelvic inflammation
- Hormonal problems
- Vaginal infections
- Ovarian cancer
- Cervical infections
Symptoms of the disease
Some ladies get white discharge without any symptoms or trouble. But, there are many individuals having white discharge backed with the symptoms such as constipation, redness, pain in stomach, Pelvic pain, itching, etc. If you are suffering from all these troubles, you can try some home remedies before showing to doctor.
Abnormal vaginal discharge
It is important to know whether an individual is having a normal vaginal discharge or abnormal discharge. White discharge is treated as normal. But, if the colors of the discharges seem to be:
- Grayish white
This can be a serious concern to ladies. This is the time to show doctor immediately. Thick white discharge backed with itching can also be a cause of vaginal thrush. This is generally caused by the effect of yeast or fungus growth in the particular area. People suffering from diabetes and was prescribed antibiotics can also be a reason for such white and thick discharge. The greenish yellow discharge backed with unpleasant smell is also very dangerous for a woman health. The medical term used for it is trichomoniasis which a form is of sexually transmitted disease.
Natural remedies for vaginal white discharge
- Fenugreek seeds: This is treated as a natural home remedy for while liquid discharge in many ladies. You must consume it by diluting it with hot water. It will make your internally strong as you drink the liquid. You can also cook the Fenugreek seeds in 1 liter of water. Cooking should be done in an uninterrupted way for a period of 30 minutes. You must drink after the water is cooled down.
- Lady finger: Most of the people have lady finger in their stock of vegetable. You can boil lady finger and consume its thick slurry to get relief from white discharge naturally. Some ladies also soaks lady finger with yogurt and tampons. Consumption of yogurt will naturally stop the growth of bacterial in the vaginal area.
- Many women are accustomed to experience some amount of vaginal secretion. This is good for heath as it cleans the bacterial and fungal growth in the vaginal area. Even during the sexual intercourse, the lubrication is possible due to the slippery surface with white discharge. This is known as normal Vaginal discharge.
- Coriander seeds remedy: In order to avail coriander seeds remedy for white discharge in ladies, it will be important to soak few teaspoons of coriander seeds in water for the whole night. Now strain water from the solution in the morning and drink it early in the morning in empty stomach. This is one of the natural remedies to treat white discharge with no risk at all.
- Indian gooseberry/ Amla: The other name for white discharge is leucorrhoea which has proved to have been treated well with Amla. You must slice the Indian gooseberry in pieces and dry them in sunlight. After few days it will become dry. Grind them and get powder out of it. Now take 2 teaspoon of such powder and mix it with same quantity of honey. Once the paste is prepared, just consume it to get the effective treatment. You must consume the paste 2 times in a day to get better result. For a diluted form, you can include the Amla powder and honey in water and drink it adequately.
Home remedies for yeast infection
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate is a wonderful natural fruit which is not only tasty but also have variety of health benefits. It is treated as one of the effective home remedies to stop white discharge in women. You can either consume it raw with seeds or extract juice out of it to get remedy out of white discharge in ladies. Even, the leaves of pomegranate fruit works as a wonder to stop white discharge when made a paste and combined with water and consumed in the morning every day.
- Tulsi/ basil: Tulsi is one of the wonderful herbs which is not only worshiped but also has variety of medicinal value. For long, people have been using it as a remedy for treating vaginal discharge. Make a juice out of basil leaves and add honey with it. Drink this every day twice to eradicate the problem of white discharge totally. Alternatively you can also consume it with milk everyday to stay away from the problem of white discharge. You can also get basil juice with sugar syrup and stay away from vaginal white discharge.
- Rice starch: You can now extract rice starch after preparing rice. This needs to be cooled down and drink in a regular basis to prevent the problem of white discharge in ladies. You just need to boil rice and filter water from rice. This starch is highly preferable when you are repeatedly suffering from the trouble of white discharge.
- Guava leaves: Pick some guava leaves from the tree and boil them in water till the water becomes half. Strain the boiled leaves from the water and drink water to reduce the problem of vaginal discharge. Drink this twice in a day and stay fit and sound.
- Ginger: Dry ginger after cutting into pieces and place it I a grinder. Make powder out of it and avail this as a remedy for white discharge. You need to take 2 teaspoon of dried ginger powder and boil it in adequate quantity of water. The next step will be to boil ginger in water and drink it once the boiled water becomes half. You need to drink this water regularly for three weeks and stay away from leucorrhoea. This is a proven remedy for white discharge.
- Apple cider vinegar: These ingredients must be available at home as it has great property for different types of health issues. If you still do not have apple cider vinegar at home, it is the time to get it today. Take a glass distilled water and add a cup of apple cider vinegar. Mix them well and wash your vaginal area. You must do this twice in a day to remove the white discharge.
- Banana remedy: The fruit named banana also is loaded with variety of minerals and diseases fighting elements. You must keep ripe banana at home. This probably is a great remedy to cure leucorrhea. You must take at least 1 – 2 banana which are overripe every day in order to stay away from the problem named as white discharge from the vaginal area.
- Fig: Another wonderful household remedy to reduce white discharge in women is through the fig. This is the natural ingredient that has laxative effect over your body. You need to soak 2-3 dried figs in water overnight. Get up in the next day and blend the fig adequately and drink when your stomach is entirely empty. This is a wonderful remedy of reducing the white discharge from the skin. If you have powdered form of fig, you need to mix a spoon in two cups of water. Drink it regularly whenever you have the problem of white color discharge. Whether it is during menstrual cycle or pregnancy, this will be a great remedy.