Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sunaina DubeYour feedback matters!
Obesity is a disorder that leads to fat accumulation in the body. It is chronic in nature and may cause serious complications in the body. It increases the risk of various diseases in the body like diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. The fat tissues in the body needs nutrients and oxygen for nourishment, thus the blood vessels in the body direct blood to these tissues.
This ups the workload of the heart as it has to pump more blood, which results in excessive pressure on the walls of the artery. When the pressure on the arteries increase, it is known as high blood pressure. Being obese also hampers the ability of the body to transport blood throughout your body and so weight loss is compulsorily advised.
The causes of obesity are:
- Genetics: You are likely to be affected by obesity if your family members are obese. Your genes also play a role in regulating your hormones that deal with fat in the body. It may cause a hormone called leptin that regulates your appetite to be less in the body, which in turn triggers obesity.
- Diet: If your diet is high in simple carbohydrates like refined products and sugar-based foods then it increases the risk of obesity. Foods those are rich in simple carbohydrates cause high insulin production in the body which promotes accumulation of fat.
- Being inactive: You are likely to be overweight if you follow a sedentary lifestyle. This happens if you have a desk job or if you are lazy.
- Psychological issues: Certain psychological problems such as stress and emotional problems may cause you to binge eat which leads to weight gain.
- Disorders: Certain disorders like polycystic ovary syndrome (presence of cysts on the ovaries) and hypothyroidism (reduced production of the thyroid hormone).
Since obesity can significantly affect your blood pressure, you need to take steps to mitigate the damage. Apart from making various changes to your lifestyle, you can opt for various surgical procedures like ultrasonic liposuction (where sound waves are used to get rid of fat) and mesotherapy (where various medicines are injected in the adipose tissues). These are safe and non-invasive treatments that are very effective in promoting fat loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Anxious to conceive. I have taken all the medicines from 1 year. But still no result doctor said no problem from both of you but pregnancy is late why I don't know! Reply me please.
The pressing urge to do loads in a short span of time, to plan life in a day, to see dreams unfurl into reality at the slightest of efforts inundates millions across the world. It is neither about the goals one sets before oneself nor about rational expectations arising from the awareness of one's capabilities. The problem runs deeper. Happiness and health are two elemental factors discerning the quality of your life. Happiness is directly proportional to your personal health. Neglecting one will affect the other. The best way to cope in the given situation is to take a detour from the overriding rat race. While others are in a hurry, you must slow down and care to nurture your mind and body.
Take a look at the benefits of slowing down:
- It will give you ample time to interact: Moving out of your comfort zone in order to exchange ideas with colleagues or friends plays an eminent role in shaping your personality. Interaction provides a person with food for thought. Therefore slowing down a little will encourage a free flow of countless ideas.
- It will encourage you to pursue a hobby: Hobbies keep you alive. You should take out time to pursue an interest. This is a tried and tested way of rekindling happiness in one's life.
- It will make you attentive towards others: A fast life shelters you within its clutches. You fail to take note of the changes in and around you. Going slow will let you take care of your loved ones.
- It will enable you to see your inimitability: Once you slow down, you'll find time to introspect and retrospect as well. A person can come to realize how unique he or she is in this vast scope of things.
- It will improve your sex life: Dopamine is the chief chemical that regulates a person's sexual desires. Increased levels of stress can hamper the production of dopamine making you lax about sex. Taking an easy pace can add zing to your sex life.
- It will keep your heart healthy: Being overly hyper about delay subjects you to the risk of heart diseases. You should never be frantic about plans; this can lead to high blood pressure or can even cause severe harm to your heart health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I am 18 years old and I have severe period pain. Doctors said that my uterus is damaging. Can it be cured. Please help me.
Pregnant women who have diabetes before becoming pregnant have special health concerns. In addition to the new demands that pregnancy puts on the body, women with diabetes must also carefully monitor and control their blood sugar levels and manage their diabetes medications.
If you have diabetes and would like to get pregnant, there are steps you can take to lessen the risks to you and your baby.
Diabetes pregnancy preparation
Meeting with your health care provider before becoming pregnant is very important to ensure a healthy pregnancy. Your health care provider can help you determine if your diabetes is controlled well enough for you to stop your birth control method. A blood test called the glycosylated hemoglobin test (hba1c) can help evaluate how well your diabetes has been controlled over the past eight to 12 weeks.
Having other medical tests before you become pregnant can also help your diabetes health care provider monitor your health and prevent the development of diabetic complications during pregnancy. Your health care provider may recommend tests that include:
A urinalysis to screen for diabetic kidneycomplications cholesterol and triglyceride blood tests eye exam to screen for diseases common in diabetics such as glaucoma, cataracts, and retinopathy electrocardiogram blood work for renal and liver function diabetic foot exam
A pre-conception counseling appointment with your health care provider is another important step in preparing for pregnancy. Pre-conception counseling helps educate women so they can be physically and emotionally prepared -- and healthy -- for pregnancy.
Diabetes pregnancy and the importance of blood sugar control
Good blood sugar control is important before becoming pregnant, because many women do not even know they are pregnant until the baby has been growing for two to four weeks. High blood sugar levels early in the pregnancy (before 13 weeks) can cause birth defects. They also can increase the risks of miscarriage and diabetes-related complications.
Good blood sugar control means keeping blood glucose levels within the ideal range (70 to 100 mg/dl before meals, less than 120 mg/dl two hours after eating, and 100-140 mg/dl before the bedtime snack), as well as balancing meals, exercise, and diabetes medications.
When it comes to health, there is no taking a chance. Most of us are in the habit of storing some medicines at home, which could come in handy, say for a headache or an acidity attack. However, these often remain in the medicine kit for a long time before they are actually used. So, finally when the day arrives when there is an actual need for it, we are not sure if it is still usable. The one thing we dread is the use of a medicine, which is past its expiry date.
What if there is an adverse event? What if there is a complication or a side effect?
Then, if we are not in a position to get a fresh pill, we would rather endure the pain or acidity than pop that outdated pill. Is it really prudent to do so? I say otherwise. Most medicines have the expiry date to indicate the date or time, until when the drug would have the most potency and efficacy. Meaning to say, the drug may become weak (take longer to act or may require more of the drug to produce the same effect) when taken after the listed expiry date.
The truth is that most pharma companies list a date, which could be months, if not years, ahead of the actual expiry date. In reality, a drug never really expires. Most medicines can be used up to a few months after this date. Some medicines may even be useful after years of their expiry date.
It depends as to what the medicine is for:
- Painkillers are usually harmless to take beyond the expiry date. If there is no effect (even prolonged), then try to get a fresh one.
- Chronic medications like anti-hypertensives and anti-diabetic medications can be used up to a few months at the most, not beyond. Make sure to monitor readings to check for the efficacy. Often times, a greater dose may be required to get the desired effect, but this should not be done without medical supervision.
- Biologic products like EpiPen, eye drops or injectable substances should not be used, if they are cloudy. In fact, most of these should be kept for a very short period after opening.
- With any expired medicine, keep your doctor posted, especially your chronic meds to seek further advice and information.
The place and the way the drug is stored also may help in retaining its strength. A drug stored in the fridge is safer than something stashed away in a cupboard with a lot of other things. Keep these in mind, and take a call! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Got 16 mm egg size during follicular study on 12th day. On which day I need to start using ovulation kit and when I need to intercourse. My Cycle is 32 days. Could please explain in detail.
My wife is pregnant for 5 months as of now. My colleges advised me to have sex from this month onwards. Is it advisable that I can have sex now? Kindly suggest.
I am Dr Meera Sethi, senior consultant at Kirat Ram hospital.I will be taking about PCOS which is a common disease these days in reproductive age group in girls. Coming to the syndromic approach, PCOS comprised of triad of an evolution, that is, excess of male hormone and can be diagnosed by ultrasound. Two of the 3 symptoms should be there to come confirm PCOS. Cause of PCOS is unknown, it could be genetic or environmental. If one of the siblings is effected then chances are high for the other child as well. There are prolonged and delayed cycles. Girls menstruate upto to 9 times in a year. The could be missed periods for upto 2 months or heavy periods at other times. Scanty flow could also be there. There could be excessive weight gain, unusual hair growth especially facial hair and acne. The scalp hair get sparse and thin.
Examination is done with detailed history BP, BMI are all taken into account. Depression and anxiety are also a sometimes present in PCOS patients, the long term effect includes unable to get pregnant.
Treatment is done with proper diagnosis like blood test, serum level test, TSH, LFH and accordingly treatment plan is decided. Pelvic ultrasonography might be required in some cases to check for cyst in the ovaries. Lifestyle changes are also suggested like losing weight. Atleast 10 pounds of weight is list to bring hormones in balance.
Diet should include green veggies, fat free food avoiding cheese and oily and fried food. Medical treatment is also required in some cases to curb excessive hair growth and acne. It takes time for acne and excessive growth to come in check as hormonal balance requires time. The patient should take regular follow-ups and undergo lab tests and sonography to avoid long term problems.
Thank you so much
Yesterday I had done my follicular study my follicle size is 20 mm is there any chances to get pregnant my endometrial lining is 6.7.
I am 27 year old and my husband 30 year old. We got married from 1 and half year since I m not pregnant. We does intercourse without any precautions. I want to conceive soon. Please suggest me what to do to conceive soon. Should I take some remedies or anything else?
Hi my periods are delayed for 5 days and something unusual is happening this time on the very first day I am always experiencing heavy blood flow and after that the my pain subsides but this time the pain is continuous and the flow is very low and when I pass urine the flow becomes heavier. So please tell me is it normal or something not good is happening I am sexually active too and do not want pregnancy.
Hi. I have no complete knowledge about sex. I am not completely sure for safe sex (means) I am not want pregnancy now. So please tell me. When we can do sex after periods for not pregnancy without condoms use. Because I am not want a baby from sex now. please give me good suggestion for me and my wife's healthy life.
Hello. M 20 years old girl on 16-2-16 I got my period. On 23-3-16 my boy fingered me n left some sperm on my plenty I took I pill on same tym. On 2-3-16 I got mensuration which was ended on 6-3-16 on 16-4-16 wen my regular period missed I took a pregnancy test on 21-3-16 which was negative. Today's it's 7-4-16 still m waiting fr my period to come I dnt usually get period on tym. It was no regular. I want to knw wen my period would come.
I am 25 years old female. Now I am pregnant. I have already two children's.l would like to stop my delivery after this. Is there any problems while stopping the delivery? Pls answer me.
We are trying to conceive for 5 months. But no result found. I am 26 years and my hus 31 yrs. I have regular period. My cycle length is 29 days. .also we had intercourse on fertile days. I consult a doctor few months back .he said I am alright. I am also having folic acid. This is my second pregnancy. First time I got pregnant in the first try itself. Bt why this time I am not getting pregnant.
In most Indian homes, a family is not complete with just one child. Until about a couple of decades ago, a family with a single child was very rare. The most common response would be 'with whom the child will play'. Between the siblings, there is always so much love. Starting from getting attention from the parent to education at all stages of life, this is one relationship which just grows and grows. While it definitely is a feel-good factor, scientifically too, it has been proven to have multiple benefits.
Read on to know some benefits of having siblings and how it can help you stay healthy and positive.
- A constant companion: With a sibling around, there is no need to look for a play or study companion. There is always one available right in the same home. This provides for a happy, healthy equation with a lot of give and take that just extends through life.
- Continuous learning environment: With a sibling around, the learning never stops. There is a constant teacher/mentor-student relationship with the elder one having an upper hand and trying to teach the younger one all sorts of things from using a chalk to spoon to math to magic.
- Sharing begins at home: Whether it is your toys or colours, stationary or chocolates, siblings share a lot of stuff and so from a very young age, there is a behaviour that encourages sharing of all sorts of things. Studies have shown that children with siblings show a lot more sympathy and are more open to sharing things as compared to single children.
- Builds selflessness: The next time you see two siblings, notice how the elder one is always so protective of the younger one. The elder one is willing to give up their chocolate just so the younger one smiles. Similarly, the younger one also would give up a toy so that the elder one is happy. This selflessness is ingrained in children with siblings, which extends into their other relationships too later in life.
- Tougher individuals: Problem solving is something which gets built in early in life when children have siblings. This comes in handy later in life too, which makes them tougher individuals. They are also better skilled at negotiating, good at setting and achieving goals, managing relationships (both professional and personal), and are so more successful.
The relationship with a sibling just continues through life. The above are some pointers as to how having a sibling makes for a happy, healthier, and positive life. Anyone with a sibling would definitely vouch for these!!