Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sumit Johnson
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Sumit JohnsonYour feedback matters!
My son aged 8 years was always saying that he is feeling as pain in stomach and chest three days before I gave the medicine for worms as per a physician he doesn't like eating home made food always asking for wafers and butter what to do.
My daughter is 17 years old. Recently we found that she is having low BP. She is getting tired very fast, some times she gets head ache also. What we should do to improve her BP towards higher side. What foods she should take and what she should avoid. Her BP is 80//60.
My father at the age of 68 diagnosed with pancreatic cancer on august15. As some blood veins involved wibul not done. To remove the obstruction in deodanam bypass surgery done. 9 cycles of palliative chemo administered. Now past one month he suffering by fever. When we gave paracetamol fever raised 2 points then decreased. He taking 3 tablets daily. On dec'15 metastasis on lever found. Is there any solution for the fever.
Father name md ismail, age 62, he is suffering from bp, diabetes from past 7years, now his creatinine level is 3.08, he is having too much of shoulder pain, back pain, not much energy doing diet not having oily food, no non veg, only vegetables withoutych salt, but anyways bp n sugar is normal, sometimes swelling of face as well. Sugar- 140 Bp - 140/90 Haemoglobin- 10.2 Random blood sugar-128 Urea- 59.4 Uric acid- yes 8.8 Urine Albumin 2 Sugar- nil. Because of creation he is suffering lot from shoulder pain not able to lift hand up n back pain as well so we are worried about this, which will be the best solution to go at this condition, what can be done to make it completely cure for creatinine n be normal as before. So can you please suggest us how it can be cured soon from medicine or naturally which will effect fast which option will be the best. Can you please suggest us n give best solution to this problem we will b very much thankful to you. Waiting for your response as soon as possible.
I am suffering from hypertension from last 8 month? Please recommend me some medicine to cure this disease.
The heart is not just the seat of emotions. It is a vital organ that keeps your body working. It helps in circulation of blood throughout the body. You might get a heart attack if you don’t take care of it. It is an organ that needs utmost care. It is a muscular organ. A heart attack occurs when muscles that form the organ are deprived of sufficient oxygen supply. It is also known as myocardial infarction. It is believed that when there is not enough oxygen supply to the heart muscles, the part that has been affected gets damaged, which is a dangerous situation.
Sometimes, it even gets deadly or fatal. There are certain risk factors for heart attack. These are as follows:
4. High blood pressure and high cholesterol
5. Excessive consumption of alcohol and smoking
6. Sedentary lifestyle
7. Poor and deficient diet
Warning signs of heart attack
There are certain warning signs for heart attack. One must check this and immediately seek medical help, on experiencing them. Here are some of the warning symptoms:
1. Chest pain and a feeling of discomfort in the area: While some complain of pain, other doesn’t feel it. The pain can also radiate to surrounding regions such as arms and shoulders.
2. Excessive sweating
4. Shortness of breath
5. Light-headedness: It can occur at the time of heart attack. It is most commonly experienced by women.
7. Indigestion, nausea, and vomiting
8. Chest fullness
10. Jaw pain
Tips for a healthy heart
1. Maintain a healthy lifestyle by getting an adequate amount of night sleep. Go to bed early and wake up early too.
2. Don’t spend long hours in watching television or work till late night
3. Be happy. Happiness is the ultimate medicine for the good heart.
4. Eat a lot of fresh and green-leafy vegetables daily.
5. Avoid the intake of spicy, oily and fast foods.
6. While eating, ensure that the atmosphere around is absolutely peaceful and serene.
7. Consume home-cooked food only. Avoid eating out at restaurants or street-side joints.
8. Don’t drink excess coffee, tea or aerated drinks.
9. Don’t consume alcohol or smoke up cigarettes. Intake of raw tobacco or getting addicted to drugs is also harmful to the heart.
10. Don’t live a sedentary life and be a couch potato. Workout and exercise on regular basis.
11. Avoid emotional outburst and try to keep a control over your reactions.
12. Maintain a peaceful environment inside your home. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
1. Essential oil:
How to treat shortness of breath-essential oil
This is the first home remedy on how to treat shortness of breath you should know. Essential oil is well-known as the treatment for bronchitis, one of causes of shortness of breath. Bronchitis is the condition when the lining of bronchial tubes is affected and inflamed. If you experience the bronchitis, you will face difficulty in breathing. It is accompanied by cough. A study in 2000 showed that essential oil is effective in treating bronchitis as well as shortness of breath. Essential oil should be taken by mouth in order to achieve the great results.
How to treat shortness of breath-boswellia
When you suffer from dyspnea which is caused by asthma, boswellia is the excellent home remedy on how to treat shortness of breath. Asthma is the condition that makes your airway passages swell and narrow. As a result, asthma leads to shortness of breath, wheezing and coughing. The asthma symptoms are uncomfortable and sometimes fatal. Therefore, it is important to be careful if you want to look for natural solutions instead of medication and treatments which the doctors advise. However, many studies and evidences showed that boswellia is effective in treating shortness of breath caused by asthma.
3. Healthy diet:
How to treat shortness of breath-healthy diet
Shortness of breath can be caused by heart attack. If you suffer shortness of breath and other severe problems such as chest pain, discomfort in neck, back and jaw, nausea, you should call the doctors and make an appointment to get diagnosed. The reason may be that if the heart attack is not treated soon and carefully, it will lead to death. Fortunately, you can reduce the risk of heart attack as well as shortness of breath by following the healthy diet including various red meat, fish, fresh fruit and green vegetables. Many scientific evidences showed that omega-3 fatty acids can keep you from heart attack. Therefore, if you want to look for the natural solution on how to treat shortness of breath, healthy diet including fishy oil and omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the risk of shortness of breath.
4. Avoid stress and anxiety:
How to treat shortness of breath-avoid stress and anxiety
As I mentioned before, stress and anxiety as well as panic attack may be the causes of shortness of breath. Therefore, if you want to avoid dyspnea or know the ways on how to treat shortness of breath, you should reduce and eliminate stress, anxiety. When the panic attacks, it can be terrifying. The reason may be that panic attack symptoms are similar to heart attack. The body is paralyzed by fear and anxiety while it is difficult for you to have physical reaction. It is said that shortness of breath caused by panic is common. Supplement inositol may help you in that case.
5. Lose weight:
How to treat shortness of breath-lose weight
Because obesity can make you breathe difficultly, the need to lose weight is important if you want to cure shortness of breath. The extra weight can put the pressure on your lung and your heart, especially when you try doing the heavy exercises that you are not used to. Therefore, you should follow the diet and weight lost program in order to shed excess weight. Because obesity is the main cause of many diseases including lung disease, heart disease and high blood pressure, losing weight can help you to improve the overall health.
How to treat shortness of breath-herbs
Allergies to pollen, mold and dander may be the trigger of shortness of breath. Many herbs can help you cure and prevent allergies. For example, as the best herb on how to treat shortness of breath at home, the herbal extract butterbur can work as an antihistamine in order to help you fight allergies from pollen.
In conclusion, there are 6 ways on how to treat shortness of breath that I want to introduce to you. I want to note that this article is only for informational purpose. If you have any opinions and experience, please share with me by leaving it bellow. I am glad for your contribution.
Dear Doctor sahib, My sugar is low, but triglycerides and VLDL is high, BP is normal, having chest pain in the left area of the chest also in left arm. I am on medication taking clavam 625, Norep plus, Rozustat 10, MGD3 60 K, Flexabenz plus, tryptomer and Rabemac LS for ten days. Feeling some relief, but not fully cured. What should I need to do more in this case.
Hi there. than to almighty I do not have any disease nor my family. 1. Only my mom is heart patient. Her heart is expanded little bit and her treatment is going on under Dr. she is fine. But what is best treatment and good diet for her to be her healthy. She got low blood pressure problem as well. 2. The other thing is about me that I am slim and I want to put on my weight little bit. Especially I want chubby cheeks so what I do for it. than.
High blood pressure or hypertension is a condition where the long term force induced by blood on the artery walls may lead to health complications. In some cases high blood pressure can be a chronic condition without any visible symptoms. The normal value of blood pressure is 120/80 mm Hg. Even if high blood pressure doesn't have any obvious symptoms, it can cause significant damage to cardiovascular health and blood vessels. Uncontrolled hypertension exposes you to the risks of stroke and cardiac arrest. Following are the causes and complications of hypertension:
Causes of hypertension
The causes of hypertension vary depending on the two types of the condition namely - primary hypertension and secondary hypertension. In case of primary hypertension there are hardly any identifiable causes. Secondary hypertension can occur due to the following causes:
- Certain medications like contraceptives, painkillers and some other drugs
- Sleep disorders
- Problems related to the kidney
- Tumors in the adrenal gland
- Thyroid issues
- Congenital heart defects from birth
- Drug abuse
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
Complications of hypertension
- Persistent high blood pressure can result in atherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries. This can severely wreck cardiovascular health and cause stroke, heart attack or other complications.
- Hypertension can also result in a disorder called aneurysm in which the blood vessels tend to swell and weaken. Rupture of an aneurysm can be fatal.
- Heart failure is one of the most serious complications associated with hypertension. It becomes increasingly difficult for the heart to pump blood along with the high pressure. Consequently the heart muscle thickens and leads to cardiac arrest.
- Hypertension can also lead to kidney problems. Narrowing and weakening of certain blood vessels present in the kidney can cause organ failure.
- It can also lead to eye problems and sometimes even loss of vision due to narrowing or thickening of blood vessels in the eye.
- Metabolic syndrome, which refers to a cluster of deficiencies in the metabolism of your body including high triglycerides, low levels of good cholesterol (High density lipoprotein) and high levels of insulin. These metabolic disorders increase the risk of developing diabetes and other complications.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure and interference with your ability to remember and think. It can trigger memory loss and affect your understanding and deriving skills. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.