Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SumanthYour feedback matters!
Hi, I had boy baby on 2/11/2016. Just one month over now. I want to apply oil for body massage. Which oil is the best to apply. And also which is the best powder and soap. Kindly tell me.
My baby is 3 months old. Is it safe to give painful vaccine after the first dose of painless vaccine? Does it have any bad effect?
My son is 16 days old. I took him to doctor for cold and fever. After hearing his heart beat wit stethoscope he told, Due to cold he could not tell accurately but there is some extra sound hearing in the heart. He told it may be due to overflow of blood, But still he asked to visit him after 1 month. I am so worried about my son. Is there any possibilities of serious issue. Pls suggest and explain?
My son is 9 months old. And due to runny nose cough etc. I'm not able to provide vaccination. So What I do?
I have seven year girl and my wife monthly cycle is irregular that is pcod problem and fertility egg are not strong to conceive thas why two time missed abortion. Pl tell medicine or it cure it.
Yesterday night my newborn baby of 2 and half months could not sleep at all. I thought it was because low supply of breastmilk. How could I know breastmilk is not enough for him?
Diabetes is basically caused due to the lack of production of insulin or improper use of the produced insulin, which eventually leads to a deficiency in the blood glucose level. Diabetes is of two types, one where the insulin production is insufficient therefore the glucose level cannot be balanced; two when the body cannot produce insulin at all and therefore patients must inject insulin to maintain close levels. Apart from synthetic drugs, you can use various home remedies to cure or at least improve your diabetic condition. Here are some great home remedies to effectively maintain your blood sugar level:
bitter gourd have juice extracted from bitter gourd every morning on an empty stomach. Having this everyday for a few months will help maintain blood sugar levels.
guava: have guava every day after peeling the skin off. It contains vitamin c and fiber which help maintain the standard blood glucose level. Excessive guava eating is not recommended.
mango leaves- soak fresh mango leaves in water (say a one litre bottle) over night and consume first thing in the morning. You could even let them dry out, powder the leaves and have half a teaspoon everyday.
basil leaves- have 2 tablespoons of juice extracted from basil leaves empty stomach, in the morning. These are loaded with antioxidants that relieve stress and also contain oils that help lower blood sugar levels.
jamun- jamun's leaves, seeds and berries are effective in improving blood sugar levels and they also prevent spikes in the level of insulin. You could eat a handful of the berries or powder the leaves and seeds- which you should consume twice a day.
amla- combine 2 teaspoons of amla juice in water and have it as soon as you wake up. Make this a part of your everyday routine to maintain blood sugar levels.
flaxseeds- eat one tablespoon of flaxseed powder with a glass of warm water every morning, on an empty stomach. Flax seed can bring down your sugar level by almost 28%. But be careful not to have more than 2 tablespoons per day, as that could be bad for health.
neem- neem enhances insulin receptor sensitivity, improves circulation and lowers blood sugar levels thereby reducing your dependency on synthetic drugs. Drink the juice of the need shoot everyday on an empty stomach for best results.
Fruits- fruits are rich in fiber and other minerals which help stabilize blood sugar levels of the body. Consume at least 5 fruits a day! choose fruits like banana's, blackberries, cranberries, grape fruit, blueberries, kiwi and other citrus fruits.
Apple cider vinegar- mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a class water and consume before every large meal. The nutritional components in apple cider will help control the rise in blood sugar levels after eating.
In case of any query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778)
I am worried about my 15 days old breastfeed new born not burping after feeding. I keep him straight for 15 20 minutes but he does not burp so I put him to sleep on his side. Ia it okay for newborns to not burp?
Hi My baby is one month old. He does not suck ma nipples. He is not taking breast feed. Please suggest me what should I do.
My son has completed 2 years but he is week as his diet is not as good as it should be. Please suggest some good iron protein or vitamin supplement which can be added in milk or somewhere to complete his basic requirement for a day. Please suggest pediasure or threptin can be given or not?
My daughter is 3.6 years old. Her growth is perfect but she don't talk clearly. I consult with family docter he says all is normal. I want to know is there any solution so that she can talk clearly as all children with her in school are talking clearly.
Is it compulsory for a two months old baby to take vitamins supplement such as vitamin d and other vitamins as my baby vomits whenever she is given oral drops.
Hi I have a 10 month baby girl. Her teeth not come yet. Please suggest and weight not increasing. Her weight is 8 kg
2 years old baby last one he had stomach pain, we consulted Doctor, they tell to take scan, after seen scan report they said "left renal pelvis mildly dilated AP-17 mm. Left renal cortical thickness-13 mm" Impression: 1) LEFT HYDRONEPHROSIS, 2) CYSTITIS, and they said to take cultural test. So please suggest and give what the problem is and which Dr. to consult.
How to overcome chronic ITP, hypothyroidism and recently detected fibroids/cysts to enter into marital life and become pregnant at the age of 41?
My child is suffering from epilepsy since last 2 years and now he is 8 years old. But still In spit talking medicine sezuires are not controlled. So please so advice me.
Is your child refusing to grab anything other than chicken nuggets? When your child’s nutrition is an aching subject to deal with in your household, remember you are not the only one. Many parents are actually worried about the fussiness of their children over food. But your child’s food preferences would also mature with age. Until then, you can consider trying out these following tips to avoid any kind of mealtime hassles.
Respect your child's appetite or lack of one: Respect your child’s level of appetite and never force a meal, if your child is not hungry. Rather, serve small portions to give them an opportunity to ask for more, on their own.
Stick to the routine: Maintain a routine and serve snacks and meals at about the same time every day. Also, keep a check on the number of times you serve those mid meal snacks and try to stick to that count.
Be patient with new foods: Have patience with new food. Take time in introducing it to your child by talking about the food’s shape, color, aroma and texture, if not the taste.
Make it fun: Try out innovative ways of garnishing your food so as to make the whole eating experience a fun and a thrilling one for your child.
Recruit your child's help: At the grocery store, ask your child to help you select vegetables, fruits and other healthy foods. But keep off those foods which you would not want you child to eat.
Set an example: Set an example by yourself by eating all kinds of nutritious and healthy foods, in order to set that perfect example for your child.
Cut Distractions: Make sure to switch off from any sort of a distraction, such as the television or the washing machine and other electronic gadgets while feeding your child.
Don't offer dessert as a reward: Do not reward your child with desserts at the end of the meal as this sends them an indication that the dessert is the best dish among all.
Do not cook a separate meal: Do not cook a separate meal for your child after he/she has refused the original one as this might encourage picky eating even more.
Hi my son is Situs inverses totalis .And he had aspiration pneumonia on his 2nd day of birth .He was given treatment in Rainbow hospital Hyderabad. Now he is 4 months old. And his growth is normal. He caughs too much during night time and vomits frequently . His activities are quite natural .We are worried about his caught and he gets frequent cold. Please advice.
He is a 7 months kid and he was suffering from cold continuously for 1 month and got checked by doctor but it is coming again what are the precautions to be taken.
There are few things I hear over and over again from students:
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study. And, the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve. There are two ways to improve your concentration:
A. First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
B. Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
A. Ideas for daily concentration boosting habits include
- Mindfulness meditation: Many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep: I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain: The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumosity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier: Your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise: It is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4 to 5 hours of study very efficient.
B. Optimize your mental state & environment
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
- Create a study space: Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
- Remove distractions: Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
- Reduce background noises: If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
- Use timer: Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
- Stay motivated: If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying. That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
- Take breaks: Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How an expert can help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; you can always consult the expert. Once he/she knows what your current study methods are, they will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate those tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!