Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Hello Doctor. Actually my friend's baby is 30 day borned baby. Having a critical health issue which whatever intake of food/water immediately loose motioned. Now admitted and monitoring in intensive neonatal care unit and treatment going on. I just need to make clear what may be the issue. Very confused. Help me doctor.?
My girl baby is 5 months old. As of now my baby is having only mother's milk. All my neighbours and relatives insisting to take solid food like biscuits, cerelac,etc for baby. Kindly suggest from when to start feeding solid foods for baby and what are the food that can be feed?
My daughter is 2 nd half month. She feed properly. Bt she can not slip properly. Some time she slip .bt some time not slip properly. What the reason? Wht some time not slip properly. What the reason? What care? Any sedative medication she can not slip properly. Some time she slip .bt some time not slip properly. What the reason? Wht care? Any sedative medition give her?
My daughter is suffering with amleopia ie, lazy eyes, and is on treatment of putting patches on either eyes. But it was suggested that it should be worn for 6hrs but we r able to make her wear on for 4 hrs, because of different reasons. Plz let us know would it get rectified like this ever or she has to wear it for 6hrs. My daughter is 6 years old.
My baby is now 1 Years 6 Months but her nipple size is too big how to treatment my baby please help us or tell me the medicine name and how to use.
6 month baby boy continue sly coughing last ten days I went to doctors no result. What should I do? Sell I start giving solids, home maid food, water etc.
I am 26 year old mother with two month old daughter. I am breastfeeding my daughter. But it seems milk is not enough for my little one. So I am giving her lactogen 1 once in a day in spoon. As she is not taking bottle feeding. Whenever I try to feed in bottle, she vomits. Please tell me the reason for refusal of bottle nipple by my baby? And please suggest any other idea?
My baby is 22 months old. He was vit D deficient with >10 count. After 3 months we did the test and it showed sufficiency about 48.3. After 3 months we did another test it showed 43.9 even if we continued giving supplement (not booster. Then doctor told to stop giving supplements. Is there any chance for lowering vit d if we stopped giving supplement? Is he normal now? And his hb count is 10.3.
My breast milk in 6 months. Now my baby s 10 month old still he is not sitting properly. Just falling down within 30 secs. What to do?
Hi, My son is 3.5 years of age. He had 3 minor blood Dysentery in 2 months interval. Every time after a viral infection/fever. Stays for 0.5 to 1.5 days only and then with application of antibiotic goes away. My child specialist said it is normal. Is this really nothing to worry? We recently started fruit juice to him. Is it anything to do with Dysentery? Please advise.
My daughter is 4 yrs old weighing only 10 kg 500gm she does not gain weight and is very weak i consulted many doctors but is useless they say she is very active thats the only anwer i get she has problem eating solid food she does not like to eat a single fruit nor chocolates or any chips or waffers from outside and also harras me a lot to eat home made food pls help my daghter fo that she start liking to eat food and gain some weight atleast.
My 2.5 years daughter weighs only 10.5 kgs, but she is active. She eats very less, even 1 roti she takes 1 hour to complete. (max she have 1 roti and small portion of other things like biscuit, chips, apple etc) As prescribed by doctor we are giving her Pediasure from last 3 months, but no positive results till datePlease suggest, how to increase her weight given she eats very less.
From terrorism to natural disasters, there are a number of traumatic events that constantly hurl themselves at us. Given the amount of stress it causes an adult, imagine how a child can process this information. Often traumatic events that occur in childhood can trigger phobias and anxiety disorders that last a lifetime if not dealt correctly.
Each child responds to trauma in a different way depending on the circumstances and their age and personality. What is common is that all children turn towards their parents and teachers for support in these situations. Hence, it is important to understand how to help your child deal with traumatic events.
Here are a few steps you should follow:
- Provide comfort: The first thing to do in a traumatic event is to reassure and comfort the child. Reinforce your child's sense of security by following a normal schedule and maintaining regular eating and sleeping habits. Encourage your child to talk and ask questions and discuss the situation with them in a way appropriate to your child's age and concerns.
- Accept their needs: Children show the need for reassurance in different ways. For some, it may be the need for extra physical contact in the form of hugs while for others it may be ensuring that their favourite teddy bear is with them constantly. Be patient with children and indulge their needs in such situations.
- Limit the amount of information available: Media often magnifies a traumatic event making it all the more difficult for a child to apprehend. Children can often be mislead or frustrated by media coverage of a traumatic event. Thus, it is a good idea to limit the use of television, radios and internet. As far as possible do not let your child watch the news alone.
- Stay in touch: If your child goes to school, his or her teacher is the parent figure at school. Stay connected with your child's teachers and the other adults in their life to monitor changes in behavioral patterns.
- Create distractions: If left alone with nothing to do, a child's mind will dwell on the trauma. Encourage them to find a hobby to cope with the negative emotions. Music and art are two good outlets for stress. You could also play board games, read or play outdoors to distract them.
- Get professional help: Sometimes you may need help to deal with a traumatic event in your child's life. If your child shows signs of behavioral changes, academic problems, emotional outbursts, anxiety, depression, insomnia or social withdrawal; you should consult a professional counselor.