Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sujeet RaneYour feedback matters!
My boy is 2 months 15 days old. He don't have 6th to 12th ribs of right side and he has curved spinal cord. What is the best treatment for him? Please tell me.
My baby is 1 yr and 1 month old now but she is still on my feed only she don't eat or anything else, I have tried a lot to make her eat something else and give her cows milk sometimes bufaaloes milk also so that she can drink or eat whatever she likes but she just take 1 or 2 bites or sips and that it than again ask for my milk whenever she feels hungry. Now I don't want to continue breastfeeding any more so pls tell me what can I do?
Sometimes, the groin and scrotum swell due to the buildup of water like fluid in one or both the testicles. This is known as hydrocele. This condition is not at all painful, but can be uncomfortable at times. In newborn babies, there is an opening between the abdomen and the scrotum; it naturally closes with the passage of time, therefore it’s generally nothing to worry about.
Symptoms of hydrocele:
Scrotum can get enlarged at times
Swelling and redness are common in hydrocele
Also, pressure can be felt at the base of your child’s penis
Pain doesn’t normally occur but in some cases, might occur as your child gets older
How does in occur in babies?
When you are in the last stage of your pregnancy, the baby’s testicles descend from its abdomen to the scrotum. So the fluid in the sac stays within the scrotum and the opening closes naturally after some time.
Can it be treated?
This condition is not usually hazardous to health and is treated usually, if there is immense pain. It can also cut out the blood supply; in this case, it has to be treated as soon as possible. If your child experiences such symptoms, you should take him to a doctor for a physical examination. During this examination, the doctor will shine light near the scrotum.
If it appears as a solid mass, then the assumption is that there is no watery fluid; hence, hydrocele has not occurred. There is a procedure in which the hydrocele is burst open with a small needle, but sometimes, it might relapse. In such a case, surgery is the only reliable option. These symptoms can also persist if your child is diagnosed with hernia. Hence, in such a situation, a surgery would solve both the conditions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist and ask a free question.
My daughter 9 yrs old. Having clief plate in mouth. Having fits problem since 2 months after birth. Her birth date is 14/2/2006. Now near about 4 years fits problem solved. But still she dosen't stand, walk or speak due to some minor neuro problem. What to do?
My 2 months old baby has noisy breathing at times of feeding and crying and other times he is normal. Is it normal? What cuses this noisy sound? Is it treatable?Please help.
Homeopathy and its role in treating ADHD
A brain disorder, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is characterized by a continuous pattern of hyperactivity and inattention, resulting in interference with normal development and functioning. The term is applied to both adults and children who exhibit these two characteristics over a long period of time. The condition is usually discovered during a child's early school years, between the third and sixth year (during which he or she may display problems associated with attention) and can go on into adulthood. Although medications are available under western medical science for treating this condition, they aren't free from any side effects.
Which remedies are generally used for treating ADHD?
Homeopathic remedies can help in easing some of the symptoms of this condition, making it easy for children to take part in normal school and social activities. A homeopath prescribes the relevant remedies after having a clear understanding of your characteristics. Some of the medicines that are used for treating the condition are Cina, Hyoscyamus Niger and Stramonium. While Cina is prescribed for alleviating aggressive behavior, Stramonium is recommended for treating fears or PTSD and Hyoscyamus Niger for sexualized or manic symptoms. But the one remedy that is most preferred for treating the varied symptoms of ADHD is Tarentula Hispana.
How is homeopathy different from conventional medicine?
When it comes to the homeopathic treatment approach for ADHD, it differs from conventional western medicine in two very different ways. Firstly, the treatment is personalized to suit your needs and health condition. For this reason, the remedy that is suggested to you differs from the one that is suggested to another individual. Such an approach allows a homeopath to better help you by addressing your specific symptoms compared to the conventional treatment of ADHD. Secondly, it treats the condition using smaller doses of the remedies and not higher doses so as to not aggravate the symptoms of ADHD.
In addition to being safe and non-toxic, when these homeopathic remedies are taken along with dietary modifications and lifestyle changes, they can bring about vital improvements in your health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Does Homeopathy Offer A Permanent Solution For PCOS?
Stomach problems are one of the most common issues you face. Irrespective of what your age is, it is highly likely that you have an upset stomach once in while. A stomach upset has a distinguishable characteristic - that stomach linings as well as the small and large intestines tend to swell. This is called inflammation. The following are the most common causes of an upset stomach.
Viruses are the most common causes of an upset stomach. It is highly likely that your stomach upset is because of a virus since there are so many types of them.
2. Parasites or bacteria like Salmonella and Escherichia coli
This is also a very common cause of stomach upset. Salmonella infections are usually caused by eating raw eggs, meat and meat products whereas Escherichia coli infections come from raw vegetables as well as milk and dairy products.
3. Allergic reactions
These happen very specifically to people who have a reaction to a certain type of food.
4. Excess alcohol
Most people think that alcohol will only make you pass out or get liver cirrhosis. Many people do not know that alcohol can actually adversely affect your stomach as well.
5. Excess caffeine
Caffeine is also dangerous to your stomach as taking too much of it can cause a stomach upset.
6. Fatty foods
Fatty foods such as cheese, dark chocolates, whole eggs, fatty fish, etc. are dangerous because they are harder to digest than many other types of food. This means that eating even a small amount of fatty foods are enough to cause a stomach upset sometimes.
7. Eating too much
This is also a major cause of stomach upset simply because your stomach can only digest a certain amount of food.
You must also be able to distinguish when you have a stomach infection and when you have Chron's disease as it is basically a chronic stomach upset. Chron's disease causes the whole digestive tract to be inflamed.
Hello doctor My baby is one and a half month old, her weight was 2.8kg at the birth time. Now its 3.2kg. My pedi. Has prescribed 1al syrup and pureMCT powder for her growth. I give her mostly breast feeding and occasionally cow milk. Please suggest the usage of those medicines and is there issue with her growth? She does all the activities normally.
You would have noticed that your child who was so eager to help out and please you earlier is no longer responding to you that way. They must be teenagers! Don't despair.Its natural and healthy for them to break away emotionally from their parents at this age. This will help them to become well adjusted adults. Here's how you can give them their space, yet gently guide them during this phase.
1. Give children some space: Giving them a chance to establish their own identity, giving them more freedom, is essential to help them establish their own place in the world. But it doesn't mean that if your child is moving around with a bad crowd or doing drugs you don't say anything. Let them explore and experiment with things that are not very risky. Eg. Catching a bus, auto. Going out with friends to a mall, going for tuitions on their own etc.
2. Choose your battles wisely: Don't lock your horns with them over cleaning up, sleeping late, coming back 1 hour late etc. Save your enquiry for more serious matters like permanent tattoo, going out late into the night and not keeping you informed, bad company etc.
3. Invite their friends over for a meal: It helps you to see who your child is meeting with and also to send a message that you are not rejecting them outright without any valid reason. Children see it as a mark of respect and fairness when you meet and talk to their friends. Also it helps them to see how their friends talk with you. Outright rejection of friends can bring on huge aggression and antagonism.
4. Decide rules and discipline in advance: If it's a 2 parent family, then it's important for the parents to have their own discussions first and come to a common consensus about what is acceptable and what is not. What will be the consequences of not following through with what was earlier negotiated. Remember that Consequences need to be discussed with your child too and should be fair for him/her.
5. Talk to your teens about the worst case scenario: whether it's taking drugs, pre marital sex, driving rashly or running away.The kid must know the worst that could happen. Let them see movies which showcase this as they get impacted by visuals more than dry conversations.
6. Tell them that you are available: When kids start experimenting and taking risks, they can land up in sticky situations like out of pocket money, a flat tyre, friends not showing up, not getting what they expected to happen. Let them know that you are available no matter what. Give them your confidence and trust. Teach them how to think of options if stuck in a bad spot. Tell them that you will come and pick them up if they can't come back on their own.
7. Keep the communication lines open: Don't instruct or interrogate them. Talk and share with them about your own life. Even a difficult day at work. This teaches them that's it's ok to talk to you even if something has gone wrong. Don't judge them. And if they are not ready to talk just then, then let them know that you can wait and you know how it's like to have a bad day.
8. Let them feel guilty: This is a hard one for some parents who come on too quickly to protect their children from feeling guilty when they have done something wrong. If your child has hurt someone or done something wrong, then it's important that they know how to deal with guilt. It's healthy to have some guilt rather than no remorse or guilt at all. This will help the children to stay within socially acceptable behaviours and norms.
9. Be a Role Model: Your actions are more noticed than your words! Your role will be important in helping them become morally, socially and ethically grounded person. If they have a healthy role model from early childhood, then it's less likely that they will take bad decisions as a rebellious teen.
If you find this useful and want to know more, then click on private chat. Happy Parenting.
I have 4 years old kid. He is very stubborn and he is not able to concentrate on his studies and not performing well. Even when I try make him to sit and write he is reluctant and try to avoid what ever ways I tried. Please suggest me what should I do to make my child study properly.
Hi Sir Just need your guidance about health drinks for my 3 years old daughter. Is it good for her eg. Horlicks, bournvita etc. Please suggest, should I go for these items or avoid usage?
Hello, my son is 18 months old (weight 10 kg) and he caught by cold and cough very often. There is always fever with cold and cough. Which food can I give him to boost his immunity. Thanks in advance.
My child is 11 months old. He getting rashes on his face on skin & dandruff like on his scalp mostly on winter time or on air conditioned room. What should I do?
My daughter age is 4+.I have done stool test there it has mentioned reducing sugar - present (trace) what does this mean?
My daughter is 7 years old. She often gets fever. It starts suddenly, and increases up to 103-104F. She is vaccinated properly .Now we are using homeopathic medicines. It gives better results to her when compared to allopathy. But we are unable to control the temperature. It gradually increases up to 103f and reduces up to 100. 8f at early morning and again raises upto 103 by evenings. This condition remains for at least 3 days .later the temperature goes down to below normal and she becomes very weak .We consulted many doctors. All blood test reports are normal. But there is no improvement . She is studying 2nd STD and she is very active and intelligent too. What do I do for her? How do I know the actual reason behind her health problem? Please suggest me.
As a parent, we all love our children deeply. And most of us will agree that these days parenting is very demanding and exhausting instead of pleasurable and joyous process. What has changed? It is not that children are any different. The difference is in the environment around them with stronger social influences; and this also affects the way we parent. In today's more democratic and egalitarian world; 'Do as I say and not as I do' style of parenting does not work. But, 'I will do as I see you doing' phrase from kids define our parent child relationship.
With change in social environment and influence, our strategies for correcting their behaviour and impart discipline has to undergo adaptation! When there are so many confusing and conflicting signals reach to our kids from their environment, whether we like it or not, we are still their role models. How positive parenting style will help? The core principle of positive parenting is to accept your child as an individual. We are in a democratic society and family is a small yet important part of society. Democracy does not mean allowing disrespectful and irresponsible behaviour; rather to effectively help kids change their behaviour and create harmonious and cooperative relationship with them. It also means that we as a parent need to learn to think, act and react in a different way.
Through, positive parenting, you will learn respectful disciplining methods, which would work better than demanding compliance. Through these principles and tips you will get your child to listen without screaming, nagging, reminding or evoking rebellious behaviour. More importantly this is all about building stronger relationship bond with your children and nurture them through early childhood to teen age years as they become independent, responsible, capable, kind, happy and successful young adults.
Tips to get you started:
- Everyone deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, including children.
- When your kid misbehaves instead of shouting or hitting, control your anger and respond in a calm and respectful way. Calmer but firmer tone and lower voice, yet not giving into their repeated demand, is much more effective as a discipline tool compare to nagging.
- Understandable that you have a lot on your plate, such as work, managing and keeping the home in order, managing meals and other outside responsibilities, kids sports or extracurricular activities, family obligations and so on. It is easy to get lost in all these 'have to do' activities. Parenting shouldn't be just one more task to deal with. Reconnecting with your parenting goals and aspirations periodically will help take the stress out of it and add fun into it. Spend some time daily (10 minutes will do as well!) to just listen and enjoy your child (without correcting them or giving them suggestion to improve!).
- Let your love for them be the driving force. Shift your internal conversations from 'have to' to 'want to'. As you do enormous things for your child each day, think how you are supporting their ambitions. How you are helping them become independent and strong. How you are nurturing qualities like compassion and deep listening by extending yourself.
- Give promises and keep them. As your children grow they need much more than your words to trust and rely on you. Keeping your promises, letting them know if you need to change the plan, taking their opinion in appropriate matter will go a long way.
- Seek to understand and do not impose yourself on your child. Especially when they are in their teenage, as a parent you have lot of worries, you are afraid of them making mistakes and of course you want to protect them from vices. Listening to them while keeping your focus on genuinely understanding them is the only way to go, when they know you understand them and they can trust you, the street between both of you turns two way street! They will be open to your wisdom and suggestion when they are at the cross road.
- Last but not the least, 'be a role model'. Don't preach. If they see you disrespecting others, they will not respect you. If they see you hooked on your smart phone; that is their license to keep theirs in front of their eyes 24/7. If you are hooked in front of the TV till late night and haven't picked up a book in last 6 months. Advice about reading is going to fall on dumb ears. In short, be the change you want to see in your children.
- Have family nights at least once in a week, play cards, board games or go for a walk together. Talk and listen. Just be there and listen without judgement and criticism, without thinking about how to correct them. Just enjoy each other's company and see how they are changing their opinion about you. Positive parenting doesn't mean you will never have problems in your family. You will? if you are alive and growing family. Positive parenting style will open up the avenues to keep communication alive; it will open your children to your influence. Isn't it something that we all wish for!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.