Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sujata Naik
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sujata NaikYour feedback matters!
Sir, let me ask about the growing of beard. Most of the youtube are telling to apply on beard growing area with castor oil + coconut oil to make beard growth thicker n solving the problem of beard patchy. So, is it a right way to do that? Or can we apply and follow the procedure of castor oil+coconut oil to grow a beard? So. I requested you to help me by giving a right tips to growth my beard. Thank u.
I'm 17 and I'm loosing my hair. My hair have become thin and lot of dead skin cells have been accumulating. What to do? Any hair oil for thick and strong hair? Thanks in Advance.
I have very dark skin n I want to be fair is this possible or not if its possible then please suggest how can i.
A facelift is a procedure which is more commonly known as a rhytidectomy in medical terms. This is a cosmetic surgery which reshapes one-third of the lower face by eradicating excess skin from the face. Few procedures include tightening of the underlying tissues. This procedure is combined with other procedures to ensure younger looking skin. Foreheads, eyes, brows and cheeks are tweaked to achieve great results.
Purpose of a facelift:
- To get rid of the self-consciousness due to the sagging skin of the neck and the face
- To get rid of the scarves and the turtlenecks in order to hide the ageing neck
- To get rid of the ageing appearance that negatively affects relationship and career
- To get a positive vibe about the new face
Traditional facelifting procedure:
The traditional procedure-An incision is created near the ear and the same is extended up to the hairline. The incision is then stretched upward-downward and below the ear in order to remove the excess skin in the face. This procedure is also capable of tightening the deeper tissues. Once the procedure is completed, it is closed with staples and sutures. For removal of the excess fluid and the blood, sometimes a drainage tube is created behind the ear. The latter is removed after a couple of days of the procedure.
Some of the newer surgical procedures of facelifts include:
- Endoscopy: Endoscopic treatments are extensively used to perform brow lifts and facelifts. They deploy smaller incisions making sure that the tissues are less traumatised and the recovery time is faster. Facial structures get raised without the need of cutting the multi fold skin.
- Lasers: Lasers are used for performing techniques such as brow laser neck, resurfacing and jaw liposculpture . The best about this procedure is the fact that only a one inch incision is made near the chin area thus avoiding any possibility of complications. It involves the usage of local anaesthetic and ensures a faster recovery time.
- Liposuction: This procedure focuses on removing fat cells from the face. IT is generally performed in between the neck and the chin. This procedure can be performed in addition to a facelift or as a standalone procedure.
Duration and complexity: The duration of a facelift operation lasts from 2 to 5 hours depending on the complexity of the procedure. The doctor might choose to perform the procedure in and OPD with low to medium sedatives in order to make the patient calm down. For more complicated procedures, general anaesthesia is required and an overnight stay in the hospital is recommended.
Recovery: In order to relieve tenderness, doctors often prescribe medication for a week. The sutures are removed with 6-10 days after the procedure. Recovery time for a patient is no more than 1 week. There could be a little discomfort along with swelling and bruising after the procedure.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!