Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Suhas Pandurang WaghYour feedback matters!
I am 55 years old. I have a very bad fever and my throat is burning. Took tablets and injection. Not working. What do I do? Pls suggest.
Ear aches are a very painful condition, which tends to affect mostly children. However, adults can be affected by ear aches as well, which can disrupt their routines and be quite painful. Let's have a look at some of the aspects of ear aches in adults.
Causes of ar aches in adults
There are many causes for ear aches in adults and it may vary from one person to another. However some general causes of ear aches in adults are listed below:
- Infections within the body: If you have a throat infection or cold, it could trigger an ear ache as a side effect. Treating the underlying problems will, thus reduce the ear ache or it will go on its own when the symptoms of the cold subside.
- Ear canal injury: Adults are most often guilty of putting in sharp objects to clean their ear canal, which may result in an injury and also lead to infections. These injuries can also be infected and cause fluid discharge and ear aches.
- Blockages caused by the regular use of ear buds: Using ear buds or other sharp objects to clean the ear will only result in pushing the ear wax further into the ear. This will result in blockages of the ear canal and cause ear aches.
- Dental problems: Certain dental problems, such as wisdom tooth growth can result in problems. Even gum disorders have been known to create ear aches in adults.
- Jaw pain and facial pain: Jaw pain and even facial nerve pain has been known to affect ears and cause aches as well.
Symptoms that may accompany ear aches
Depending on what the causes of the ear aches are, the symptoms may vary. Still, let's have a look at some of the known common symptoms of ear aches in adults:
- Irritability and lack of focus: Ear aches may initially manifest as a headache and make the person irritable.
- Poor sleep: Fluids may build up within the body and thus cause issues while sleeping as the fluids may shift from one area to another.
- Ear drainage: If in case fluids build up, they may drain from your ear, which could vary anywhere within yellow to dark brown colour. This may even indicate that your eardrum is ruptured.
- Hearing problems: Fluid buildup or other underlying causes may also cause hearing difficulties.
- Fever: Sometimes, fever may run as high as 104 degree C due the very infections, which may be causing the ear ache.
Whatever may be the cause, if you have ear aches for sustained periods without underlying reasons, you should visit your doctor immediately to get it checked out, so that appropriate treatment can start quickly.
I am feeling dizziness from last 5 to 6 days. I always want to sleep and sleep. What should I do to cure this?
Sir, mai jab sunlight mai jata hoon toh mujhe chakkar aate hai aur mujhe kuch pata nahi chalta aur phir thodi der mai phir se ye ho jata hoon 2-3 neurologist doctor ko bataya par unse NI ho paya, so please help me sir.
I sneezes a lot when I wake up in the morning, this happens every year when winter starts, Now I am having irritation while breathing. Kindly suggest some, Thanks in advance.
Sinusitis is an irritation or swelling of the tissue covering the sinuses. Healthy sinuses are loaded with air. But there are times when they get blocked and loaded with fluid. In such cases, germs can develop and cause an infection. Due to this infection, your nose gets heavily blocked along with you sinuses and might make it difficult for you to breathe.
Conditions that can bring about sinus blockage include the following:
- Common cold
- Allergic rhinitis (swelling of the lining around the nose)
- Little developments or growths in the covering of the nose called nasal polyps
- A deviated septum (a shift in the nasal cavity)
Here are some of the ways you can get rid of sinusitis naturally:
- Soups and warm water: Drink warm water, soup or broth, and hot tea. These liquids will disperse bodily fluids and drain it from the disturbed sinuses.
- Turmeric/Ginger root: Turmeric root is an excellent fragrant spice found in most Indian and Middle Eastern dishes. Turmeric not only contains the regular calming and anti-inflammatory curcumin, it is also an antioxidant. When it is mixed with hot ginger ale and blended with hot tea, this mixture can remove excess fluid from the clogged nasal sections, ease sinus pressure and make you feel better.
- Spicy food: Spicy ingredients such as mustard, hot peppers, curry, horseradish, and masala in one’s food may help in clearing severely blocked sinuses. In case you like spices, think about including some hot flavours to your food to open your nasal entries.
- Apply warm packs: You can use a warm pack to keep the nasal tissues damp. Also, fill a round bowl or pot with steaming water and place your face over it with a towel around your head to inhale the steam in. This will open up your sinuses and make an easy path for fluid drainage.
- Take a steam: High temperature water vapour can saturate the sinuses. Sprinkle a couple drops of eucalyptus in the shower or bath and steam up your bathroom. A hot shower can also relax the bodily fluid as well as the mucus and debris that are stuck inside your nose.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is not only powerful in disposing off sinus issues; it can also be used for different skin and hair issues. What it does essentially for sinus infection is that it clears up the nose so that the bodily fluid can be removed quickly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hi I have cold problem, I tried many things like ayurveda, homeopathic treatment but after all that its dint solve my dad also have the same problem I have consult to good doctors also but still no result, I m tired of cold some doctor told to make a surgery of sinus you will fine but I don't want to go for surgery please help me out from this.
I have a throat infection when I eat icce cream or some cold items, frequently I am facing a problem is it curable permanently.
I feel pain in my throat while taking water or food. Friends say it might be tonsil. Suggest. I am not able to take food due. To this.
Hi doctor. I am 21 years old. Since last year which was my first year in college I had fainting feeling one day and went to hospital for check & it was said I was near to lo pressure. After this attack I never felt normal. I had vertigo, ringing ear, sometimes palpitation of heart, nausea, feelingness of vomiting trimmering of limbs and fainting feeling every time. And in my holidays I went back home and showed to our trusted doctor and found out that I have gastritis. I was given medication and breathing and burping problem was over. And I also felt better at home. I came back to college and my second semester and third was over with the same stress and feeling. And after that I again visited referee hospital and found that I have tinnitus. But this days I am suffering bad my chest feels like it is heavy, light. Headedness, weakness, ringing ear, tiredness and fear of dieing. I did ct scanning of my head but it's normal and. Pressure is also normal. I don't know what is the problem doc. Is it Ms. Or a heart problem.
I have got throat pain first followed by common cold. What should I do to cure cold and sore throat and how to avoid?
I am diabetes patient. Now a days I feel weakness. Due to this some time I feel dizziness. I am not take any medicine. Please tell me right medicine, fruit, and food. I also feel sweaty some time.
Heard loud sounds through headset. Now pus is coming out from only left ear and very painful through it.
I am 24 year male, last one year facing tiredness, dull face, feel some weakness, hair loss, some time motion came with dilute like gel, if once I sit avg 30 minutes then stand that time I feel giddy, little memory loss.
Sore throat, though painful, lasts only for a few days. Sometimes
It is accompanied or followed by dry cough. Most of us get it
Treated with antibiotics and painkillers which is normally
Unnecessary. It is mostly self limiting and may go away in a few
Days. Yet, it is not something to be left untreated. And most
Certainly, you ought to get medical attention if it is recurrent.
# airborne allergens
# upper respiratory infections
# dry air
# sinus infection
# other infections like laryngitis or pharyngitis
# post nasal drip
# gerd/acid reflux
A few days of home treatment can help if the sore throat is not
Characterised by fever or other symptoms.
1. Gargle! one cup of lukewarm water with one teaspoon of salt and
A pinch of turmeric would make an excellent gargle to soothe sore
Throat. Do this at least 3 times a day.
2. Ginger tea with honey.
3. A tea prepared with lemon can also help.
4. Chamomile tea is relieving.
5. Broths (vegetable or chicken) are good.
6. A lot of warm fluids should be taken.
7. In the case of allergens, recognize the allergen and stay away
From it. Use a humidifier or air conditioner.
8. Stay away from second hand smoke, caffeine and alcohol.
9. Elevate the head with pillows at night.
10. Licorice, thyme, peppermint, eucalyptus oil are some other
Herbs used for home treatment.
11. Cough lozenges and cough suppressants can help with pain.
12. Take rest (voice included).
In the case of severe throat pain with fever and swollen lymph
Nodes you will need to consult me privately.