Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sufiyan Shaikh
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sufiyan ShaikhYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/madam. I have taken tobacco since last 6 years. I quit tobacco since last 6 months. After quitting tobacco I have following symptoms. 1. Continues throat burning only on left side. 2. Right side of the mouth in the cheek it’s whiteness and hard as compare to left side. Right side mouth is less opening as compare to left side. 3. I have visited 2 ENTs here, they did endoscopy of throat. But they told me nothing to worry. They told its styloid. All the blood and urine reports are normal. No medicines are working. They gave me antibiotics, pracid, nurokind G, rexipra fx5, rabikav, ointment - oraways, metro DG gel etc etc. I am very much depressed, anxious. Thinking that - I did mistake by quitting tobacco? What to do, please reply.
I am having salivary stone under my tongue since 6 months. My left portion of the jaw under the stone pains when touched. What to do?
Dear Sir, My age is 51 and I am asthma patient and used inhaler also 15 years ago ,I have a problem my in side mouth food tube starting side area having white spot ,I shown 3 Nos of ENT consultant they were told that is only food debris then advised - for gargling in worm water or salt water over all complete gone . But today one also seen why this type is coming any defense ? Vitamins problems ?please tell me I am very depression.
I have to remove my teeth and the dentist is asking only 200 rupees for removing one teeth is he is taking right cost from me.
In morning after brushing also my mouth become bad breath. If I take coffee or tea my tongue became fungus. And starting bad breath from mouth. Thats way I am having no self confidence to speak to others. Pls help me.
Have anybody done with wisdom teeth extraction. My 4 wisdom teeth are impacted. I saw some videos on youtube where people have great pain after extraction. I am nervous now.
My baby is 1 year old but has no teeth still and has bow legs as well. She also has very less hair on her head .Her weight gain is also very slow .Now she is 1 year and 8 kg only. Is this any deficiency symptom?
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when your child take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper children's general well-being, their ability to enjoy food, appearance and their precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your child's tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse the teeth, try to reinsert your hild's teeth in the socket. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think your child can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of your child : If there is bleeding, give your child's mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give your child a treat: This is a great way to get their mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat them with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on their gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help them to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a child's dentist at earliest: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist at the earliest, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue. The sooner , the better it is.
Your children's teeth need to last their lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult your child's dentist.