Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sudhir N BetYour feedback matters!
Hello! I am a 19 years old female and about two months ago I discovered a very tiny dark brown/black dot on my inner thigh. It is only 1 mm long but the fact that it's darker than my other moles and also on my thigh have scared me (all my other moles are on my arms, light and tiny). It hasn't changed at all but it still worries me. I haven't even had the time or the money to go to the dermatologist and my GP has told me not to worry about it. Could this be melanoma?
I am 14 weeks pregnant and have started to get eruptions on my face. They subside after 4-5 days but leave horrible black marks. What can I do for the pimples and the marks?
My daughter, 15 years old has been suffering from skin cracks on palms for about 6/7 years. Even after consulting with dermatologists, it is useless. Please advise me.
I'm using clobeta GM skin cream for face but it seems like scars & small small pimples & blackness I'm using this cream on 5 year's because any cream will not suit to my face it damages because my skin is sensitive please give me a suggestion.
For the last two days, my wife is bleeding through the anus when passing stools in the morning. She is feeling irritation and pain during the day. Please advice.
My nipples are paining from last 2days very badly. My boyfriend bit it and pulled it. Its was my first experience. Now its paining. I can't even wear my dress. When I move it pains. What should I do to reduce this pain? Please suggest.
I am a female, 28 years old, married. I am suffering from a problem for last few days. I feel a burning sensession in my rectum when doing potty. Its too difficult to do this and very much painful. Pain stays at least 2-3 hrs. Please help me. Its very painful. I cannot handle the pain anymore.
I am 32 years working women. Since past 3 months I'm was having boils in the back of my head. There was blood continuously oozing out bt with treatment it gradually stop bleeding after tht I didn't played attention to it until recently it strt bleeding again. Now my doctor is saying I'm having tumor. I dnt want to get operated, isn't there any other way to cure it by medication?
Dry skin refers to the lack of moisture within the skin, specifically within the layer known as epidermis. Dry skin is a fairly common condition resulting in the flaking of skin. The abnormal lack of moisture in skin can be caused by several influencing factors.
The loss of moisture:
Dry skin may be mild, where it may last for a few days to severe, where it lasts for prolonged periods of time. This tends to become increasingly common with age. Although normally having a dry skin is a common skin type, abnormally low moisture content in the skin might become a serious and chronic condition leading to many problems.
Causes of dry skin
1. Dry skin might be caused by winter weather or dry and harsh climatic conditions
2. Bathing or washing skin frequently with rough soap,
3. Severe deficiency of vitamin A
4. Using hot water for showers for prolonged periods of time
5. Individuals with eczema are more prone to dry skin and may lead to several bacterial infections as well
6. Underlying physical disorders such as hypothyroidism and diabetes may also be contributing factors.
7. Medication for lowering lood pressure, cholesterol and to remove acne may also lead to the dryness of skin.
The symptoms of dry skin include
1. Itchiness and discomfort
2. Tightness of skin
3. Continuous scratching
4. Appearance of white lines on scratching
5. Extremely dry skin may result in the cracking or breaking of skin causing pain and discomfort
6. Skin that easily bruises with minor abrasions
Dryness of skin is very common and can be treated easily. However, extreme dryness can lead to severe discomfort of the skin and cause infections and skin diseases. Visiting a dermatologist is always preferred in such cases.
1. Certain preventive steps you can take to prevent the occurrence of dry skin along with some treatment options are mentioned here.
2. Temporary dry skin may be treated with the use of lotion. Frequent moisturizing also helps.
3. It is also advisable to drink a lot of water and avoid soaps that suck moisture out of your skin.
4. You should also try and increase the intake of food rich in Vitamin A. Carrots, spinach, tomatoes, zucchini, celery, are good examples of such food.
5. Natural oils may also be used to temporarily remove the dryness in skin. Regular massages and frequent application of moisturizing agents always helps.
6. You should also switch to bathing in cool or lukewarm water.
If the problem seems to persist, consult a dermatologist for further consultation. Special medicated lotions are often prescribed to deal with dry skin. Anti-itching lotions may also be prescribed by dermatologists along with certain oral medications for rare cases.