Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SuchitraYour feedback matters!
My wife 26 yr old and is 7 week pregnant having nausea most of the tome and vomiting, whenever she eats something. She is taking doxinate plus 3 times daily. And inj hcg 5000 iu twice a week. And tab susten 300 mg intra vaginally bedtime. She is also a diagnosed case of crohn s disease. But under control right now. She is taking tab mesacol 1.2 gm once daily off & on. Please advice me how to control nausea & vomiting. I am a physician.
Many women experience pain in their genitals intermittently or a few times during their lives which may be caused by varying factors. However, when pain in the vulva and the surrounding area occurs in regular cycles or constantly without any underlying reasons, it is known as Vulvodynia. This is characterized by pain in the vulva, the surrounding areas, the entrance to the vagina and the urethra. Let's look at some of the treatment options for Vulvodynia:
1. Topical or local anesthetics: As Vulvodynia is a condition due to the abnormal sensitivity of the area surrounding the vulva, using anesthetics will help to ease the pain. Treatments like ointment and sprays will numb the area and ease the symptoms. This can even be applied before sexual intercourse if it is a trigger for pain.
2. Injections that act as nerve blocks: Some women may experience sensitivity as they may have neural problems and due to this sensitivity in the nerves in the genital area, may suffer from Vulvodynia. This is usually treated with nerve blocks or medications that reduce the sensitivity of the nerves. This should be only after consultation with the doctor.
3. Biofeedback therapy: There are certain forms of physical therapy which can be employed to reduce pain from Vulvodynia. Biofeedback therapy primarily deals with this problem by teaching patients to relax muscles.
4. Physical therapy of the pelvic floor muscles: This is also a common therapy where the patients are taught to relax and control the pelvic muscles. These are the muscles which support the bowel, the bladder and the uterus and specific exercises will help relax them, reducing the symptoms as well as decreasing the incidences of intermittent Vulvodynia.
5. Medications: This is the most common treatment for Vulvodynia. Various medications can be prescribed to patients depending on the type of pain they experience, such as Antihistamines for itching, tricyclic antidepressants for chronic pain among others. Steroids and anticonvulsants are also used to reduce pain.
6. Surgery of the affected area: If your pain is chronic and can't be treated by any other method, then doctors might suggest surgery to remove the bits of tissue from the affected area to reduce sensitivity and pain. However this is done only in the rarest of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hello am 34 years from I suffering my low sex drive m marrid last 10years I hve one son n not hve also any kind tension also what I do my hubby is not satisfy with me because my low sex drive please help me.
One of my relation girl, she says that, I am 17 years old since I have irregular periods. I had have 4 months twice my periods and it will be there to take 20 days end of period. Now I consulted a doctor, my all reports are normal but the problem is going on regular. Since the problem started for last one year. What's the solution for this?
I am 20 and I had sex on my first day of my periods last month, the guy had a flow inside me. So I had an Ipill (contraceptive pill). I have not yet got my periods this month. Is it because of that or what would it be?
I have a simple question that does pre cum causes pregnancy? I had an unprotected sex on this sunday! He did not discharge his cum in me infact he did not cum! And im 4 days late on my periods.
I am an 18 year old female who is suffering from some discomfort in my urinary tract. In the middle of February I started having sensations of incomplete and frequent peeing going to the toilet more often than normal. I consumed a herbal Ayurvedic syrup for a few days and my discomfort stopped. The same problem started again in the month of March and April. I find that whenever I release vaginal fluids such as during menstruation or ovulation these urinary symptoms come again. In May I started to take antibiotic for the first time but it did not work and then I switched to taking cranberry and D mannose capsules. It worked to some extent as I could sleep reasonably well at night without having to urgently pee all the time. But when my periods started the symptoms are worse with more frequent and incomplete voiding. I have NO pain nor have I experienced bleeding. My urine is a healthy pale yellow color as I drink lot of water but the peeing is frequent and incomplete and I feel a constant pressure to avoid lot of the time. I don't have other bodily symptoms. I am worried what all this could mean.
Am 31 weeks pregnant now. Am having right hand pain and Sometimes its paining badly? Does it has any side effects?
Dear Sir/Mam; Till what time we can enjoy love making after pregnancy. Can we enjoy the same till 6 to 7 month of pregnancy. Regards.
The bleeding after 7 days of taking ipill. Does that mean I am not pregnanat? will it affect my regular periods date? the bleeding lasted for 4 days and was similar to my periods but was not at the proper date.
Hello , I had sex with my partner on 29 may and on that day my periods . Now my date 30 june but till I can't get my periods . Is there is a chances of pregnancy Pls give solution I don't want this.
My husband has a low sperm count but still I conceived but had a silent miscarriage does my chance of getting pregnant is difficult?
Sir my sister is aged of 39 years, she dint get marriage because of family issues. As she dint get marriage . Any effects will be in future !
I have been married and it's 2 years passed now, I have abortion 2 times so I consulted doctor she said that it wasp due to travelling during starting period and their is nothing problem. After that my husband was away from me for about 3 months due his work, now we are together so if I want to get pregnant as early as possible so what are the precautions I need to take?
I am suffering with pcos and thyroid. I have putting on weight continuously and also had problems with dark skin facial hair since pcos started.
I am not getting pregnant after one year of my marriage. During sex we do not use any kind of safety like condoms or pills etc. What could be reason?
Get into a routine — go to the pool, hit the gym, join a spin class or set a regular run and do some planned exercise. Make it social by getting someone to join you.
Limit the time you spend watching TV or sitting in front of a computer during leisure time.
Move yourself — use active transportation to get places. Whenever you can, walk, bike, or run instead of taking the car.
Spread your sessions of moderate to vigorous aerobic activity throughout the week. Do at least 10 minutes of physical activity at a time.
Join a team — take part in sports and recreation activities in groups. You’ll make new friends and get active at the same time.
While the social stigma pertaining to women's sexuality is gradually reducing, questions addressing the sexual concerns and problems of women are also more widely and openly discussed now. The debate of whether to completely forgo sexual activity during menstruation is one that continues to have divided opinions even now.
The idea of intercourse during 'the time of the month is one that seldom receives an approving nod. Inhibitions relating to the 'mess' and the notion that menstrual blood, sanitary pads, and tampons can lower your arousal rates may underplay the many benefits of engaging in sexual activity during this time:
1. Helps ease cramps
The release of oxytocin and dopamine along with other endorphins alleviates the cramps and body-ache that one might encounter during periods. Sex promotes better blood flow and relieves stress and can help battle mood swings during periods.
2. Shortens the length of periods
Many women who engage in sex during menstruation often claim that their periods last for a comparatively shorter span of time if engage in sex. This is because every time you have an orgasm, the uterus contracts. The muscle spasms of orgasm allow expulsion of blood and uterine lining faster than it is usually subjected to.
3. No need for lubes
Your flow acts as better lubricant during sex and this also enhances pleasure. This might act as a natural way to deal with dryness during sex and one may avoid store-bought lubricants during the time of the month.
4. Chances are that you might actually like it!
Changes in hormonal balances during the first few days of periods can make women more desirous of sexual activity and the partners may enjoy a greater level of pleasure. Sex during periods also ushers in a feeling of deeper intimacy between the partners. An intensified sense of libido that one may feel during this time is extremely beneficial to sexual activity. The pleasure is therefore greater and you might actually like it more than sex on normal days!
How to minimize the mess?
If your primary concern is the 'mess' that you're afraid to create, a menstrual cap or female condom may be the solution to your problem. They help reduce the blood flow during sexual intercourse. In fact, even a regular condom can make it less messy, at least for you partner. Sex in the shower also elevates cleanliness while retaining (often increasing) the excitement in your sexual act.
5 Facts About Maternal Weight Gain in Pregnancy
1) Every now and then we find expectant women fussing about too much or too little weight gain during their pregnancy. One must remember that the absolute weight of the mother is not an indicator of the baby's well being inside the womb. Instead, another indicator called as the Basal metabolic Index (BMI- taken as a ratio of weight in kg/ height in m2) is more useful.
2) A normal healthy woman should have a BMI of 20-25 at the start of her pregnancy and the total average weight gain that she should achieve is between 12-16 kg spread over 9 months. Around 50% of this weight should be gained in the last three months of pregnancy. For women whose BMI is more than this value, should target less overall weight gain and vice-versa.
For example, if a woman weighs 80kg at the start of her pregnancy and is 1.72m(172 cm or 5-7feet) tall, her BMI would be approximately 27 and the average weight gain during pregnancy should now be between 7- 11.5 kg. Given below are approximate weight gain allowed for BMI values:
BMI Interpretation Recommended weight gain in pregnancy
1 15-20 Underweight 12.5-18 kg
2 20-25 Desirable weight 11.5-16 kg
3 25-30 Overweight 7-11.5 kg
4 30 and above Serious obesity 5-9 kg
3) Women who start their pregnancies at a higher than normal BMI are at higher risk of pregnancy-related complications but pregnancy is not the time for dieting or other weight loss procedures. One should aim to have a balanced approach and limit the total gain within the permissible range.
4) Some women loose 1-2 kg of weight in the first three months of pregnancy due to poor appetite and frequent vomiting. This is totally acceptable as long as their general health is not affected and there are no ketones appearing in their urine.Similarly, there might be times anytime during pregnancy when the weight gain would slow down or a woman may loose weight also due to poor appetite or loose motions.
5) At times, there would be a very rapid maternal weight gain in a span of a few weeks. Again there is no correlation with the baby's weight gain. Please have a look at your food intake and if there is no significant difference with the previous weeks, then have your blood pressure checked because water retention and swelling in the feet are common reasons for a sudden weight gain. Please ensure that you continue to hydrate your skin in this situation, to avoid getting too many stretch marks. Quick weight gain around the belly and thighs has been suggested as the number one reasons for excessive stretch marks.