Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SuchitraYour feedback matters!
First my face mostly dries up h used many creams and even then my problem can not solved please help me to solve this problem.
My face complexion is little dark. I want to be fair. Could you give me the name of pills and cream name that can I become fair?
Hello, I can't grow proper beard near cheek my moustache and chin area is properly growing with full beard but cheek area is growing slowly with thin hair and have bald spots in middle what should I do I feel irritate after watching my friends growing full beard properly. I drink lots of water, eat fruits, vegetables and also massage my face but no improvement.
I am 23 years old female and sometimes have a compulsive urge to scratch my genitals due to itching due to which the color of my genitals have darkened. Is there an ointment to stop itching? can the color be resumed to original color?
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream but did't see any changes. What should I do.
Papular urticaria is a very common reaction to insect bites. It is more commonly seen in youngsters than in grown-ups. Spots with itchy red bumps of 0.2 to 2 cm in width may appear every few days during the summer or autumn months. In some cases, each spot builds up a blister that usually contains liquid.
Despite the fact that the general frequency rate is unknown, papular urticaria has a tendency to occur during spring and summer months. Common symptoms of urticaria can differ from person to person, and as a rule, they tend to create blood red, raised spots on the pores and skin. It creates a bothersome skin sensitivity that may include tiny bumps. Here are a few ways through which you can treat the disease:
- Antihistamine: Take an antihistamine solution to lessen the tingling sensation and swelling. Antihistamines that could help in frosty hives are claritin, zyrtec, cyproheptadine, doxepin, ketotifen.
- Herbal teas: Herbal teas are additionally very effective in treating papular urticaria. The best home-grown teas to take are parsley or peppermint. These home-grown cures can mitigate the irritation and redness from the skin disease.
- Peppermint oil: Peppermint oil is best taken orally, as it gives quick relief from papular urticaria.
- Staying away from certain foods: Staying from foods that could trigger the disease is important. It is essential that you know about the kinds of foods that could trigger the skin condition. Make a note of the ones you doubt and which ones are causing discomfort to your skin. Also, you can go through 31 food allergy tests to know which ingredients you are allergic to.
- Table salt and water: Simply blend table salt with water and drink the mix. This could reduce the skin issue and give it some relief.
- Hot and cold packs: Hot and cold packs can help in treating papular urticaria if you apply it on a daily basis to the influenced areas of your skin. Ensure that you use clean towels. It would be better in case you can wash up to lighten the irritation and uneasiness brought on by the skin problem.
- Water with turmeric powder: Another simple and straightforward home remedy is mixing water with turmeric powder. Drink a glass of this solution once every day until the side effects begin to vanish.
- Essential oils: One of the most famous and successful oils to treat this skin issue is chamomile. Apply the oil to the affected skin range and the irritation and redness of your skin will be at ease.
- Topical steroids: Topical steroids in the form of a cream is a prescribed treatment that is instantly beneficial for the influenced skin and when the lesions tend to develop.
- Topical soothing agent: Calamine salves and other topical calming lotions are useful in diminishing the irritation.
I am 32 years old women. I have a problem in hair fall or mere Baal bilkul nahi badte hai please help me or kuch kijeye mere baalo ke liye.
I am having some hair loss and my hair strength is getting reduced day by day. Could you please provide a solution to strengthen my hair?
Am suffering with dandruff from past 5 years I have used many shampoos and also I consulted 2 doctors but still no results. Now it is too many wounds are there on my head feeling really bad need very urgent prescription.
Hair loss, as the name itself implies, refers to the loss of hair from scalp / head; another term used to describe this is alopecia. It is a broad term that also includes thinning of hair. While genetics plays a vital role in this condition that afflicts both men and women, there are several other factors that are involved in bringing on this problem in people. In order to understand the reasons for hair fall better, it is essential that you learn about the various growth stages of hair.
The hair growth cycle consists of three phases:
- The first phase is the anagen phase, which is an active phase in which the hair grows. This phase lasts for around 2-7 yrs.
- The second phase is the catagen phase. The catagen phase immediately follows the anagen phase and lasts for around 10- 14 days during which the hair stops getting blood supply and becomes dead.
- The third and the last phase is telogen phase, which is a resting phase. In this phase, the dead hair falls out and the hair follicles remain in rest or inactive stage for about 2-3 months.
After completion of last stage, the entire cycle is repeated. Each single hair undergoes these three phases of growth independent of the other hair on the scalp. Normally, at a given point of time about 90% of hair is in the anagen phase and only 10% is in the telogen phase. When this ratio is altered, it leads to increased rate of hair loss. Hair loss can occur at any age, and can be prevalent in both males and females. Hair loss in itself is not a disease, but a sign that often indicates various other diseases. Hair loss occurs as a result of various diseases or factors and in different patterns.
The various causes / factors leading to hair loss include:
Skin diseases affecting the scalp like fungal infection of scalp known as tinea capitis, seborrhoea (dandruff), eczema of scalp, or lichen planus.
- Genetic factors
- Hormonal changes including those that occur after childbirth and during menopause
- Nutritional deficiencies due to a diet that lacks iron (leading to anemia), and also lack of protein intake
- Recovery from acute fever like typhoid and erysipelas leads to diffuse hair loss
- Drug use like the ones that are used in treating high blood pressure, joint pains, cancer, or depression. Anagen effluvium refers to the condition of hair loss due to chemotherapy in a cancer patient
- Physical trauma / injury to head
- Emotional trauma like constant stress or grief due to loss of a family member / close friend
- General diseases like diabetes mellitus, tuberculosis, Hypothyroidism, or AIDS
- Auto-immune related hair loss in which the hair cells are mistaken for a foreign body and are destroyed by the immune cells of the body
- Hairstyles like tight braids or ponytails where the hair is tightly pulled backwards leading to traction alopecia; indiscriminate use of hair colors and hair straighteners
- Trichotillomania, which is a mental disorder in which the affected person voluntarily pulls out his / her scalp hair
Homeopathy for hair growth
Although hair loss is not a life threatening condition, but it can be a source of constant stress and worry in the people affected by it. A person suffering from hair loss possesses lower self esteem and self confidence level, and also feels embarrassed when in company of other people. Homeopathy can very efficiently deal with cases of hair loss, and produce excellent results. In Homeopathy, a huge number of wonderful medicines are present that are used to tackle hair loss cases.
Every kind of hair loss (ranging from hair loss due to anemia / nutritional deficiencies, due to skin disorders, due to mental / physical trauma, due to childbirth or menopause, after acute diseases, to alopecia areata, alopecia totalis or androgenetic alopecia) can be treated with the help of well selected homeopathic medicines. To treat hair loss through homeopathy, detail case history of the patient needs to be studied. The cause and site of hair loss are to be noted down along with the constitutional symptoms of the patient which are given prime importance in any kind of case of hair loss. The constitutional symptoms include the eating habits, level of thirst, thermals, mental symptom etc. and these are to be given top position in forming the totality of symptoms while case taking. After the case has been properly evaluated, the case homeopathic medicine is administered to the patient. Following is the list of homeopathic medicines for hair loss treatment that can be used. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.