Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suchitha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SuchithaYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor I'm 18 Doctor I am having problem with my periods I get less blood on first day second day is heavy and third day it's like small drops and that's it. I'm not getting my period like the others who get heavy flow for 5-6 days. Please suggest me some medication.
Tomorrow my 6 week of pregnancy Will complete. Today I had done scan but doctor was saying ki my yolk sac is not visible is there any problem or it can be delay sometime. G sac is visible and it's diameter is 16.5. please suggest what is the reason and what precaution I should take. I had miscarriage 9th December and after that my menstrual period has not resume then I had done upt on 19th January and it was positive.
The second trimester (starting from the 4th and lasting through the 6th month) of pregnancy is considered to be the easiest for a woman. During this time, your energy is at its peak and instances of fatigue and morning sickness are less severe. Your baby, on the other hand, continues to develop inside your womb.
In addition to these, you can expect big changes within your body during the second trimester, which include:
1. Backaches: The additional weight that you gain during these past few months begins to bear down on your back, making it achy and tired. For relief from pressure, there are certain things that you can do such as using a chair that offers strong support to your back; sleeping on the side with a pillow placed in between your legs and wearing shoes that come with solid arch support.
2. Bleeding gums: Hormonal changes occurring during this period bring about a greater flow of blood to the gums, making them extremely sensitive and prone to bleeding. The gums don’t remain tender for long and return to their normal form after delivery. But during these three months, make sure to use toothbrushes with softer bristles and being gentle when flossing.
3. Congestion and bleeding of the nose: In addition to making your gums tenderer, hormonal changes also bring about the swelling of mucous membranes that line your nose. These changes can lead you to have a stuffy nose as well as may even cause your nose to bleed very easily. To clear any nasal congestion that may occur during this period, you should use natural methods or saline drops obtained from a chemist.
4. Hair growth: Pregnancy also sees your hair growing rapidly due to the action of the hormones on the hair follicles. Additionally, you also experience hair growth in places where hair is sparse. To remove unwanted hair, you should stick to tweezing or shaving, waxing and the use of depilatories aren’t recommended by medical experts as they aren’t considered safe for the baby.
5. White vaginal discharge: White vaginal discharge during this time is very common. The discharge ensures that harmful yeast or bacteria don’t breed in your private areas. But if the discharge takes on a foul smell and a green or yellow colour, you should immediately consult a gynaecologist as you may be down with a vaginal infection.
6. Leg cramps: A very common occurrence during the second trimester, leg cramps usually last through the last leg of pregnancy, which is the third trimester as well. The reasons behind their occurrence may be hormonal, weight-related or deficiency of magnesium and calcium.
Ginger is a common ingredient in asian and indian cuisine. However, ginger has been used for its medicinal properties for centuries among many cultures. The root or underground stem (rhizome) of the ginger plant can be consumed fresh, powdered, dried as a spice, in oil form or as juice.
Possible health benefits of ginger:
1) Digestive issues:
The phenolic compounds in ginger are known to help relieve gastrointestinal irritation, stimulate saliva and bile production and suppress gastric contractions and movement of food and fluids through the GI tract.
- Chewing raw ginger or drinking ginger tea is a common home remedy for nausea during cancer treatment.
- Pregnant women experiencing morning sickness can safely use ginger to relieve nausea and vomiting, often in the form of ginger lozenges or candies.
- During cold weather, drinking ginger tea is good way to keep warm. It is diaphoretic, which means that it promotes sweating, working to warm the body from within. As such, in the wake of a cold, ginger tea is particularly useful.
3) Pain reduction
- A study involving 74 volunteers carried out at the university of georgia found that daily ginger supplementation reduced exercise-induced muscle pain by 25%.
- Ginger has also been found to reduce the symptoms of dysmenorrhea (severe pain during a menstrual cycle). In one study, 83% of women taking ginger capsules reported improvements in pain symptoms compared to 47% of those on placebo.
Adrenal gland is an endocrinal gland located above the kidney which produces hormones that regulate blood sugar, stress and sexual functions. Any problems in the pituitary gland can affect the adrenal gland as the pituitary gland regulates all the endocrine glands.
Here are the different types of adrenal gland disorders
- Cushing's disease - This disorder occurs when the adrenal glands produce too much cortisol in the body. Cortisol is a hormone that adrenal glands produce when a body is exposed to stress. The causes of this disease are intake of steroids and tumors present in the pituitary gland. The symptoms are rise in blood pressure, weakness in the muscles and weak bones.
- Adrenal cancer - Presence of cancerous cells in the adrenal cortex leads to adrenal cancer. The symptoms of this disorder are stomach cramps, blood pressure problems and irregular menstrual cycle.
- Addison's disease - This disease occurs when the adrenal glands produce less cortisol. This disorder is linked with the immune system as the adrenal glands are attacked by it during this disorder. The symptoms of this disorder are nausea, loss of appetite, constipation and muscle pain.
- Pheochromocytomas - These are tumors that develop in the adrenal gland which causes excessive production of a hormone called catecholamines. These hormones help in regulating blood pressure. The primary causes of this disorder are genetic factors. Common symptoms of this disorder are headaches, shortness of breath and sweating.
- Conn's syndrome - This disorder occurs when the hormone aldosterone is produced in excess by the adrenal glands. The symptoms of this disorder are feeling excessively thirsty, muscle weakness and high blood pressure.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I had an issue with with my irregular periods so someone suggested taking monthly birth control pills to keep the irregularities in check. Is it okay to take the same I'm 20. And also is hormonal pill and oral monthly contraceptives the same thing?
I hv very severe pain in my breast bt there is no cyst (ghat), Dr. Recommended me codesoft capsules for 1 month, my treatment is going on bt still I hv pain. Wht to do then? Plzz suggest me any solution for this.
I have irregular periods and I have sex with my boyfriend he ejaculated for 2 mins and sperm comes out of my begins it didn't enter in my vagina I have taken ipill within 10 hrs and after 6 days I have bleeding like periods but painless. I am two month late for my periods I have done pregnancy test 4 time and all came negative now there is white discharge from vagina. Am I pregnant? Is this kind of discharge normal? please help me.
I am 32 yrs old and my periods are coming twice every month. I had gone through a medical abortion in jan. I want to get pregnant soon. What should I do to regulate my periods.
My wife is not coming to continue period time. I have tested a report the report is PCOD. My wife is not pregnant for future. please answer as soon as.
I am breastfeeding mother of 22 month old daughter. But feeds from left side only for few months as my right side breast produced less milk and nipple is small. Sometimes I have pain in my right breast. Is this a early sign of breast cancer? Please help.
Nightfall or wet dreams is a very common occurrence in men, in adolescents. This condition is characterized by the involuntary ejaculation of semen while sleeping at night or in the early hours of the morning. The problem can sometimes become frustrating for young men because they fail to understand the reason for it and cannot discuss it with their parents or peers out of embarrassment. The frequency of these nocturnal ejaculations may vary from person to person. Some people only experience it in their adolescent years and some people experience it throughout their lives.
Frequent night falls can result in laziness, lesser sensation in the genital regions, burning sensation after urination and low libido.
What are the causes?
Night falls are common at a young age when a man abstains from sex. But if they persist and become more frequent, they can create adverse effects on the body.
The major causes are stated below,
- Weak nerves, congested prostate gland and inability to control emotions are considered as primary causes of frequent nightfall
- Males having sex or performing self-stimulation frequently can become prone to night fall
- Side effects of medicines like tranquilizers, high blood pressure medicines, sedatives etc. can also increase the frequency of night falls
- Lethargic lifestyle, diabetes, obesity, long sitting hours, low libido, stress, anxiety and depression affect the balance of hormones, weakening the nerves and causing nightfall
How can it be controlled?
- Exercises and jogging keep the body fit and taking a bath before sleeping relax the mind and aids in sleeping, therefore reducing the possibility of nightfall
- Urination right before going to bed can help in preventing nightfall
- Having yogurt twice or thrice a day can reduce the chances of getting wet dreams
- Refraining from watching porn or sexually explicit visuals before going to bed will keep nightfall at bay
- Reading books before going to sleep can reduce the possibility of getting wet dreams. However, a book dealing with sensuous themes can make it worse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Liver is the largest organ of the body which can detoxify and repair itself. However if the toxins increase to an extent that liver is exhausted and shows following signs, then the person should go for detoxification of liver by taking some good food concentrates and improved diet.
1. Acne or pimples (too many)
2. Blotchy (spotted or patches) skin
3. Dark spots on the skin commonly referred to liver spots
4. Overheating of the body & excessive sweating
5. Abdominal bloating pain or discomfort
6. Excessive abdominal fat or pot belly
7. A roll around the upper abdomen trouble digesting fatty foods 8. If your have gallbladder removed / operated
9. Acid reflux / heartburn / gerd
10. Unexplained weight gain & inability to lose weight even with calorie restriction
It can be mostly managed with some supplements.
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of its sufferers. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those who are close to, or going through, menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes includes loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis. This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and Vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beams to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious Vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density, and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place.
I am 18 weeks pregnant. I have done anomaly scan but doctor said my baby is too small that is they can not seen clearly. I just want to know that why my baby is too small. I eat very healthy food every day. Is it a problem for me.
I have given birth to twins 15 days ago. As my feeding is not sufficient for both am confused between opting for cows milk or lactogen 1 powder as doctors give different suggestions. Kindly support your suggestion with reason.
Ejaculation problem is one of the most common sexual problems that affects many men. Any man who reaches adulthood can face this problem. But it is the elderly who are more prone to Ejaculation Problem (Erectile dysfunction treatment in delhi). At times, it can be related to the decline in health which is associated with aging. There are three different types of ejaculation disorders which include- Premature Ejaculation, Retarded Ejaculation and Retrograde Ejaculation.
There are some physical problems that give rise to such Ejaculation Problem. They are:
There are some physical problems that give rise to such Ejaculation Problem. They are:
• Accepting some recreational drugs
• Thyroid related problems and
• Problems regarding prostate gland
There are some psychological issues too regarding Ejaculation Problem. They are:
If you feel that you face Ejaculation problem, Sexologist Doctor in Delhi then you must get proper diagnosis and treatment at the earliest. Contact Dr. Vijay Abbot Health World for the same. Call today!