Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Subrarna Reddy
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Subrarna ReddyYour feedback matters!
I am 23 year old girl and have been diagnosed with hyper thyroid. My blood test says that the t3 is 800, t4 is 30, and tsh is 0.07 in my body. Where in I also opted for a sonography to get clear idea of the glands. Which was done with l 12-5 mhz. Transducer and it says that both the lobes of thyroid are enlarged in size and shows patchy decrease echo pattern with marked increased color flow. There is no focal solid or cystic mass seen, and no evidence of calcification. The right lobe measures 6.0 x 2.4 cms. The left lobe measures 5.5 x 1.9 cms. There are no symptoms of weight loss or gain until now, it is pretty much constant, my menstrual cycle is smooth too and the blood pressure seems to be fine too. I have been consuming abbott neo-mercezole 10 since past 1 month. Please advice will it be a life long treatment or will it be cured in few months. And will I face any issues with conceiving or so. What precautions do I need to follow. Kindly advice.
PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is also known as PCOD. PCOS is a hormonal and metabolic disorder of women which has negative impact on their cardiovascular and reproductive health. Exact cause of PCOS is not known but both genetic and environmental factors play a role in it's development. It is known to run in families.
Clinical features of PCOS
Classically PCOS is described as triad of hyperandrogenemia, anovulatory cycles and polycystic ovaries on ultrasound. Any two of these three clinical features are enough to diagnose condition.
Common symptoms of PCOS
Symptoms of PCOS are irregular cycles with episodes of heavy bleeding, infertility, thick and dark hair growth over face and trunk, acne, male pattern hair loss over forehead. Many of these girls and women are overweight or obese. People with PCOS are at increased risk of diabetes mellitus and heart diseases.
To diagnose PCOS, few blood tests to see your hormone levels and ultrasound scan of pelvis are done. Simultaneously patients need to undergo blood tests to assess their metabolic health and to rule out other hormonal disorders which can have similar clinic presentation as in PCOS.
Lifestyle modification is first and most important for patients of all age group. They should exercise regularly and maintain normal weight. Then depending on patients symptoms oral tablets are given either to manipulate hormone levels or their action. With treatment, patients have good quality of healthy life. These medicines make menstrual cycle regular, reduce abnormal hair growth over face and trunk, improve glucose tolerance and improve fertility. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.
One of my friend is 27 years old, her one breast size is slightly different (big) from other. She feels pain sometimes. And thinks that it can it be first stage of breast cancer? Please guide on the same.
There are certain foods that you should be eating on a regular basis to improve your overall health. These foods contain the necessary micro and macro nutrients to nourish your body and allow it to function optimally.
The 7 foods that you should include in your diet are:
- Brown rice: Opt for the whole grain variety instead of white rice, as brown rice contains complex carbohydrates instead of simple carbohydrates. Brown rice provides energy to the body without spiking the blood sugar levels. It is also a good source of trace minerals like manganese, phosphorus and selenium.
- Eggs: A boiled egg is, without a shade of doubt, one of the best superfoods that you can come across. An egg packs a powerful nutritious punch that contains protein, vitamin D, selenium, zinc and copper. Apart from being nutritious, it is an inexpensive source of protein.
- Apples: You must have heard the age old proverb that 'An apple a day keeps the doctor away'and it stands good even today with good reason. Apples are good sources of antioxidants, flavonoids and fiber that help in reducing the risk of blood pressures problems and diabetes. Apples are also known to reduce levels of bad cholesterol in the body. You can also take the package for Eating Right.
- Spinach: Spinach is a superfood that contains good amounts of vitamin C, and various antioxidants that help in maintaining optimal functioning of the body. It is also known for its anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a good source of protein and calcium that you may use as a part of fat loss diet. Yogurt also contains healthy probiotic bacteria that promote healthy digestion.
- Fish: Fish contains protein in good amounts, the variety of amino acids content in fish helps in improving metabolism in the body. It also helps in building muscle and losing fat. Fish contains Omega-3 acids which help promote a healthy nervous system.
- Garlic: Consumption of garlic on a regular basis is known to keep the body free from toxins due to its antibiotic properties. The high sulfur content of garlic boosts immunity levels in the body and protects it from common cold and cough.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
I am 24 years married woman, I want to get pregnant, my last ultrasound report is endometrium thickness is 13.5 mm diameter, missed period 14day from the expected period. My Ovulation day.
Hi. I'm 38 weeks 5 days pregnant Meri report m hai P/A - it term FM+FHS+cephalic P/v -CX-Soft OS-1F PP-Vx-fixed Pelvic adeguate Dr. please tell me sub Normal hai Kay? OS-1F means Kay hai? Pp-VX- fixed Kay Thai? Normal delivery ka chance hai? Mujhe koi pains nahi aree Normal delivery k Chance? Please Dr. gave me reply fast As soon as possible thanks.
Hi I am 27 year old my hair so ruff and damage and lots of hair full and I face a PCOD problem last 3 year and thyroid also what I do for my hair.
How to know that I'm pregnant which test should I prefer? Does the test need any prescription from doctors?
I'm 22 years old female, I use to feel some irritating and burning sensation in private area. Near clitorious are. It's fine if I drink a lot of water. Almost every hour a glass of water. Sometimes it's not possible to drink water every time. So it starts burning and my urine becomes yellow.
Many people have a common workout woe that while they are working out for hours they are not losing weight. The reason on a broad sense is simply that you are undoing your workout. Let me explain the reasons here.
1. Calorie overload/dieting - A general opinion amongst a lot of people is that since they are working out, they can binge on their favourite foods. Another group of people are those who workout with utmost sincerity but do not eat post workout. Both are equally harmful and aide fat generation.
2. Not staying hydrated - While working out, our bodies lose a lot of water. Often, we confuse the feeling of being thirsty as being hungry. So after a workout, when one might actually be hungry, one ends up filling the stomach with food. Stay hydrated at all times, especially before and after workout.
3. Drinking alcohol - A lot of people workout during the day and drink in the evening. This is a strict no-no and if not adhered to, you will end up gaining more weight than losing. Usually it is recommended staying completely off alcohol while trying to lose weight because drinks have calories and high sugar content. If abstaining is difficult, restrict the quantity.
4. Not working out enough - Human mind can be fooled very easily into believing what is not. We often believe that we our workout is enough and we don’t need to increase the number of counts, level of difficulty etc. It is good to give yourself a pat in the back, but never too soon.
5. Rewarding yourself - Rewarding yourself after losing every kilo is a very bad idea. Set a big goal and reward yourself only once achieved.
6. Drinking energy drinks - Advertisements promote energy drinks as a must for people who are working out. What they conveniently hide is the fact that these drinks are full of sugar.
7. Not eating enough vegetables - Many people turn to protein shakes and unhealthy foods instead of eating regular home-cooked vegetables which are packed with nutrients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Your vagina will discharge a bloody substance after the baby is born, known as lochia. It is first red in colour, then turns brownish, and finally yellowish-white.
One of the human body’s primary defense mechanism can be depression when it correlates with personal loss, life struggle or an injury. It is normal to be depressed on occasions, and our body has been blessed with a system that can help cope with it and come out of it. However, when the depression turns intense and becomes a part of our life, then it could be a cause for serious concern.
The food we eat plays a significant role in having mood swings. A proper diet can be extremely helpful in reducing depression tendencies and in keeping us happy. Let us have a look at few food products that fight depression.
Green tea: It is loaded with amino acids and antioxidants and is extremely useful in overcoming depression. It also acts as a detoxing agent and cleanses your body. Thus your body feels supple and gets loaded with natural energy. The amino acids present in them are known to reduce stress and are highly recommended for neurodegenerative disorders. Green tea can be had even for 3 to 4 times per day without any side effects.
Almonds: Almonds are rich in magnesium that influences the production of serotonin, a chemical that is good for the brain. They are also known to release ample amounts of energy to the brain circuits. Researchers have established that magnesium deficiency is one of the fundamental causes of depression and mood disorders. Moreover, almonds are enriched with zinc that promotes neurotransmitter production.
Salmon: Inflammation of the brain is also one of the reasons why many people undergo mood swings and depression. They occur due to the lack of omega-3 fatty acids in the diet. One of best sources of omega-3 fatty acids would be salmon, and they are very helpful in reducing inflammation of the brain. Further, they are categorized as one of the happy foods that keep the mind active and supple and play a significant role in mood regulation. Salmon is also good for your health and reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Tuna and sardines are other fish varieties that are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
Dark chocolate: Did you know that eating chocolates can not only help in your mood swings, but it also keeps your mind happy? Dark chocolates are known to increase serotonin levels in the body that work as natural anti-depressants. They reduce stress and anxiety and play a significant role in increasing the emotional happiness of a person. They are also rich sources of sugar and promote carbohydrate build up in the body.
Eggs: The very reason why many people suggest taking eggs as a part of a breakfast diet is that they are loaded with nutrients and proteins that give you complete energy to make it through the day. They also have good sources of zinc and contain enormous quantities of vitamin D that can act as a barrier to mood swings and depression. They are beneficial in promoting neurotransmitter production which is vital for keeping the brain active. They also aid in the manufacture of red blood cells that are good for the nervous system.
I have one kid (4 years old) While delivery in cesarian Fibroid taken out and tested which is normal Fibroid. But after 4 years, again Fibroid appears in uterus. Due to that heavy bleeding in periods and Head ache. Doctor said operation to be done. Is there any medicine to decrease the Fibroid size. We want one more child, conceive is possible without removing the fibroid. Is there any possibility to remove that without surgery. Pl clarify.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!