Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Subramanyam
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SubramanyamYour feedback matters!
My EF is 20% and have been implanted ICD during July 2013. My age is 58 years. What are the chances of survival
Hello there im shubham 20 years old. Im suffering from insomnia I can not sleep all night long. What should I do?
I am having a problem to masturbate. And I want to overcome that problem. Suggest some natural ways to cope up. Please dont share it with anyone.
My sister is 21 and she has an unusual problem with her nose leakage since her she has this problem. Even after this many years she is not able to get rid of it. With this nose she feels dizzy all the time and her heads feels heavy. It is like she is having cold 365 days of a year. What might be the problem. We have consulted doctor he gave some medicine, she feels a relieved after using them but I feel that it is not the permanent solution can you figure it out what s her problem.
My son is 4 years 10 month old. He is a late talker, he still does not speaks clearly. He can make 3 to 5 word sentence. Few of his words could be understood by others. He did not had any Developmental delay other than speech. He can write well can recite rhymes but words are not very clear. Pls let me know why is there delay in language and how to go about it? (He is physically very active)
Sir, Mere tuberculosis in lymph nodes in neck muje 5 months medicine lete ho gye mere stone me koi frack nhi laga uske ase pass or stone swollen ho gyi sir mujhe kya karna chaliye?
Me and my partner want to have sex without protection because we enjoy more without using condoms but scared of getting pregnant any other option available.
Hello, I had noticed a small swelling above my right collar bone and I was advised an FNAC procedure. The test report says following, Specimen: Right Cervical Lymphnode Cytological Examination: Haemorrhagic aspirate shows very scanty reactive lymphoid cell population comprising, mainly small lymphocytes, immunoblasts and few degenerated cells. No definite granulomas identified No atypical lymphoid cell/ R S like cell seen. Few necrotic foci are seen. Ziehl - Neelsen stain performed on one of the smear for acid fast bacilli is negative. Two smears are acellular. Impression: Features are suggestive of Reactive Lymphoid Aspirate. Note: In view of the above findings it is advisable to do open biopsy of this lesion for a definitive diagnosis, if lymph node swelling persists. The swelling has definitely come down in the last 6 days, I was prescribed Bactomin 750. Do I still need to get a biopsy done. Please advise. Thanks
Hello, I am 19 years old .I am suffering from stammering. Due to this my confidence is very low. I want to be free from stammering. Please guide me.
Inguinal Hernia is the most common hernia in the abdominal region. With the introduction of the laparoscopic surgery in the 1900s, inguinal hernias also came to be operated through this technique, also known as keyhole surgery.
The area to be operated is accessed through a few small incisions, and a thin tube is inserted, through which instruments are inserted into this space and the desired operation is performed. The tube also has light at the one end, and the operator works through the other end.
- Reduced postoperative hospital stay
- Reduced chances of postop pain and infection
- Quicker return to routine work
- Expensive than an open surgery
- Need for general anesthesia in most cases
- Longer operative duration
- Requires a more skilled person
- Recurrent hernias
- Symptomatic patients
- Incarcerated hernias, more than reducible hernias
- Younger patient age group
- Acute medical conditions like respiratory infections
- Poorly controlled diabetes
- Previous abdominal surgery patients
What to expect: In sequence, bear in mind the following when going in for a laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair.
- Talk to your doctor about the condition and the operation in detail
- Be clear about how long you will have to stay in the hospital, the actual procedure, what will change for you, etc.
- Get admitted to the hospital the previous day if general anesthesia is planned
- The operation is likely to last for a few hours
- Hernia is a weak abdominal wall, through which muscle pushes itself through and sometimes protrudes
- What is done during the surgery is to remove the hernia sac and push hernia back into the abdomen
- The weakened abdominal muscles are then pushed back and sewn into place using a mesh
- This also helps prevent recurrence of hernia
- If topical anesthesia is going to be used, then the patient can be driven home by someone else the same day after recovering from anesthesia (4 to 6 hours)
- Postoperative antibiotics for infection and analgesics for pain control should be strictly adhered to
- The bandages over the incisions should be dry; can shower after a day, no bathing for 3 to 4 days
- Recovery time would be about 1 to 2 weeks, after which light activity can be resumed
- Mild exercise can be resumed, based on doctor’s advice
- Given the area affected, it would be up to 4 weeks of complete recovery to get back to routine
- Laparoscopic hernia repair is associated with less pain postop than open surgical cases
- Post-operation checks should be per the surgeon’s advice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.