Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Subhash ParekYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from dandruff and hair loss and hair splitting and greying of hair how do I prevent my hair from this.
I lost my half of hair on top and back by hair fall. How can I get them back. Is hair transplant is solution.
I am have regular allergy between my thighs and underarms. And it goes on red and it irritates me. What suggestion you should give me.
Hai I am having younger brother, he is suffering from hairfall. We do not know what to do. This problem makes my brother losing self confidence. It is a bad thing. He is just 22. Can you please tell some suggestions?
How can I whiten my skin colour? Any home remedies which can help my skin to look face, glow and whiten.
I was having a pimples on face I was worried about my pimples and now my pimples are gone but my dark spots are remaining please suggest me some tips about dark spot.
Hair falling profusely is a very common problem that many people face in their daily lives. The reason can range from environmental factors to biological ones. Being aware of the causes is the first step in preventing serious hair fall.
Can you identify with the following causes?
1. Smoking - Smoking can cause you to lose a significant amount of hair. Several studies suggest that smokers have a higher chance of going bald, with individuals who have a history of this condition in the family being more prone than others. Smoking causes the blockage of pores on the scalp surface, thereby reducing blood flow to the scalp. The effects of smoking on hair include poor hair quality and subsequent degradation. Smoking also brings about the early graying of your hair.
2. Steroids - The use of steroids by individuals who suffer from male pattern baldness can significantly increase their chance of hair fall. This happens as the usage causes an increase in the dihydrotestosterone hormones, which is responsible for hair loss.
3. Antibiotics - Taking antibiotics can have an adverse effect on your hair follicle. It decreases the levels of hemoglobin in your blood as well as minerals and vitamins stores in your cells. When this happens, it accelerates your hair fall rate.
4. Cancer - Cancer also affects your hair quality and causes you to become bald or thins out your hair. It's the radioactive rays in chemotherapy that causes your hair to fall out at a faster rate. Many a time, hair is also lost from the eye area, armpit, and pubic areas. The loss of hair generally starts within 2-4 weeks following the commencement of the treatment. The hair loss rate could be in clumps or little by little. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Make up alone cannot hide your age. To truly look younger, you may want to shift your focus on anti-aging products and techniques, which are available in plenty of options. However, most people have a fixed mindset that all anti-aging products are expensive while it is not necessarily true.
So, here we have come up with a list of 7 budget friendly anti-aging treatment techniques:
- Microdermabrasion: This process removes dry skin and smoothes skin texture. It also minimizes damage from sun spots and releases trapped oil. Microdermabrasion is an outpatient technique that involves exfoliating and vacuuming the flaky dead skin.
- Chemical peels: There are a number of different chemical peels available today. The peel most suitable to you will depend on the issues that need to be addressed. A peel involves the removal of the top most layer of skin and exposing the layer below it. This helps remove hyperpigmentation, sun spots and scarring.
- Botox: Botox injections are commonly used to fight the formation of wrinkles and fine lines associated with aging. A botox injection contains purified toxins that do not allow muscles to contract and hence reduce fine lines on the forehead and around the eyes.
- Collagen fillers: Collagen is a protein that keeps the skin elastic and firm. Collagen production is inversely proportional to age. This causes a loss of volume in the face leading to the creation of sunken spots. Collagen injections can be used to fill in these spaces and even out skin levels.
- Latisse: With age you could also lose your eye lashes. Latisse is an effective way to re-grow them and have longer and thicker eyelashes.
- Sclerotherapy: Varicose veins also become more prominent and unsightly with age. Sclerotherapy is the use of saline injections that turns the veins into scar tissue that eventually fades. In some cases sclerotherapy can be carried out by using lasers depending up on the size of the veins and how close they are to the surface.
- Laser resurfacing: This can be used to reduce wrinkles, blemishes and acne scars. It involves focusing short, concentrated pulsating beams of light at irregular skin to remove layers of skin. Laser resurfacing can be done either with a CO2 laser or an erbium laser.
Depending on the issues being addressed and the effects desired, each of these procedures may need to be performed more than once. This will affect the final price and hence it is essential to understand your treatment options completely before getting started with it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.