Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Subhas ParavYour feedback matters!
About 35 million men and 21 million women suffer from excessive hairfall in India. Excessive hair fall can be the result of certain illnesses, hormonal changes, over-use of hair products that contain chemicals or a poor diet. What you may not have considered is that you can also lose a lot of hair by combing it the wrong way.
Here are the 5 major causes of hair fall:
- Hormonal Causes: Thyroid problems can cause extensive hair fall. Pregnancy can be another reason for hair loss as your normal hormonal cycles are affected in a big way.
- Medical conditions: Alopecia areata is a disease which causes patchy hair loss. The immune system attacks hairs, causing sudden hair loss leaving small bald patches on the scalp. Numerous scalp infections like cellulitis and ring worms cause hair loss, however, this is temporary and hair grows back after the disease is cured.
- Hereditary causes: Hair loss may be in your genes. Male/female pattern baldness is the main cause of hair fall in most individuals. Early hair thinning, brittle hair and shortening of hair in a pattern (forehead getting bigger, bald patches developing) are indicators of developing baldness.
- Exposure to the elements: Exposure to very dry and dusty weather causes an increase in the rate of hair loss. Therefore, it is imperative to take good care of hair before and after you go out in bad weather.
- Other causes: After radiotherapy, your hair may not grow back the same. Hair loss is caused due to many triggers like emotional shock, high fever allergies. Frequent and unmediated use of hair products and coloring agents also leads to hair loss. Poor nutrition and too much consumption of junk food can be other major causes of hair loss.
I am having scars on my face left by acne is there any chance to get cure and some acne also please suggest a good medical prescription.
. My hair getting thin. And had a gap from side corner. What can I do to prevent this. And I want to regain hair from that portion. Pls advice me for this.
I am suffering from some pimples on my face And some type of black skin on sensitive areas. I have tried by consulting many doctors and spend up to 15k on the ointments I also tried many face washes but no use I want smooth skin that's it I need I want to get rid of this pimples They are many on my forehead up to 50+ pimples I am using control soap to body nd face I am applying BETAMETHASONE DIPROPOPIONATE GEL present only on my pimples And I also have some black spots on my face If it is possible please please suggest me any soap nd any cream for pimples nd for black spots on my face Suggest me any face wash if it is necessary please help me I just need a clean and neat face I am ready to do any thing I am 21 years old Blood O+ I drink nearly 6 liters of water a day And I am taking 2 eggs per day Full good diet Less oil foods I don't drink alcohol I don't smoke cigarette I gym daily 2 hours If possible I will jog on morning If you can help me please help please Spend me your valuable to read the message nd Give me your valuable suggestions.
Acne or acne vulgaris is a medical condition characterized by the appearance of an ugly and vulgar scourge on the face. Acne can cause scars, which are lifelong and can affect the self esteem and self-image of a person. Acne is more common in adolescents, but grown-up men too can suffer from acne. Acne in case of men is less severe, but still they are enough to spoil one's facial appearance.
Acne is caused because of several reasons, such as:
1. Overactive sebaceous glands: The trapped oil in the pores of the skin or follicles may result in blockage or blemishes. The sebaceous glands are responsible for creating oil, which helps in lubrication of the skin surface. Over secretion or overproduction of sebum from these glands may cause acne in men. Excess of oil stays in the pores, which blocks the sebaceous duct creating a follicle blockage. This causes acne.
2. Shedding of skin cells: The epidermis or topmost layer of the skin sheds dead skin cells and is replaced by new cells. When this process is hampered, extra skin cells are produced and the presence of lamellar granules in the skin gets lessened. This makes the skin prone to acne. More dead skin cells are produced, which are not shed properly and the cells remain stuck inside the follicles, which lead to acne.
3. Bacteria proliferation: A type of bacteria known as propionibacterium acne is found on the surface of the skin. When the propionibacterium acne grows out of control, acne are caused. Due to blockage caused by dead cells and excess oil, an anaerobic environment gets created and oxygen cannot pass through the pores.
- Treatment of acne is done by keeping the pores open. This is done by using various skin cleansers for exfoliation of the skin and removing dead skin cells.
- Some medicines which are available over-the-counter stores can be used to treat acne. The peroxide and glycolic acid present in the medicines prevent the formation of blockages.
- Chemical Peels work by removing dead skin cells and encouraging new ones to grow, leading to a fresher, more glowing you. A chemical formula is applied to the skin that removes the top layer of skin and reveals the softer, smoother skin beneath.
- The procedure is used all over the world to treat skin problems such as wrinkles and lines, acne scars, hyper-pigmentation, and sun damage - the results can be life-transforming.
- Several gels, lotions, pads and creams may help in exfoliation and cleansing of the skin. These products contain benzoyl peroxide, which helps in destroying bacteria responsible for triggering infection. They also contain Salicylic acid, which helps in unclogging of blockages.
- Several antibiotics can be consumed or rubbed on the surface of the skin for controlling bacterial growth. Certain vitamin A derivatives called retinoids also help in unclogging of the follicles. Some anti-inflammatory medicines can also treat acne.
Acne is a condition which is not just confined to teens and may occur in grown ups and adult males. Acne is irritating and must be eliminated using the various methods advised by your physician. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.