Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Subhas ParavYour feedback matters!
I am getting white hair, now I was 21 years old. How could I over come it. I have applied many oils but I did not get from that could you please help me.
My face is oily and in my face there are many dark spots please say any suggestion to remove my dark spots.
I am 17yrs old male and I am having too much tan from my elbow to fingers and above neck with tab covering my face.
I have dark circles under my eyes. It is increasing day by day. How can I remove it. Provide some cure.
My friend male 25 yrs. He use to have pimples on his face. Now he has holes on his face. How to get rid of this?
Hello, I am having problem related to my skin actually my skin colour is gonna dull day to day due to sun light and dust. firstly I think I should tell you that my skin colour is very fair. So I dont want to get any type of problem in my skin. My hands are more dull as compare to my othr body parts. Sometimes I do massage from milk lotions. So only for sometime it get fairer but not for long. So please tell me some tips about how to make my skin perfect even in sunlight. I will very thankful to you.
My hairs are too long in length in every part of body like legs arms stomach. Any procedure to get rid of it.
I have a hair loss problem. At frontal lobe of my had. At right and and left hand side. ,please prescribe me any medicine.
Hello doctors. My question is related to skin. My question is that my skin becomes fair for some days and becomes little dark I want even tone and my natural color which is fair. What should I do doctors please answer, it mean a lot to me.
Hello sir, My skin is oily. In my face pimple are there n black spot also there. So this type of problem is there. Castor oil is effective for my skin or not. There is any problem for oily skin to use castor oil. If not then please tell me how to use this.
The skin has a protein called keratin that protects it from infections and other harmful toxins. For various reasons, mostly unknown, but likely genetic, there could be a build up of this keratin leading to small, light-colored, hard bumps under the skin that can feel like sandpaper. This condition is medically known as keratosis pilaris. These pillars of keratin block the hair follicles that open onto the surface of the skin, and when a number of follicles are blocked, it leads to dry, bumpy feeling. In common words, it is also referred to as chicken skin, chicken bumps, or goose bumps.
- Occurrence: The onset is usually in the first decade of life, continues to grow in number in teenagers (80%), and slowly subsides as they grow older (40% of adults). People with dry skin are more likely to have these bumps than people with oily skin. The most commonly affected areas include upper arms, thighs, buttocks and very rarely on the face.
- Cause: This is a genetic disorder, and the bumps are due to excessive formation and buildup of keratin due to faulty genes. There could be surplus skin formation under these follicles or hair follicles trapped under these bumps. There could be a small area of inflammation and redness around the bumps.
- Weather correlation: Keratosis pilaris is more common and evident during the winter months when the skin is normally drier than in summer months. Some people could have this condition lifelong, with only manifestation seen in winters and complete absence of bumps in the summer months.
- Symptoms: The condition is usually asymptomatic, except for the dryness, and does not cause itching or medical harm. The esthetic concern, especially if in upper arms, is the only concern. Some people could be affected by the hard, bumpy feeling of the skin. There are no long-term medical symptoms or harmful effects of this condition though.
- Treatment: No treatment is required; however, moisturizers may be required to prevent the bumps from drying up. In very severe cases, creams may be used to remove dead skin cells and to prevent plugged follicles. Alpha hydroxy acid, salicylic acid, or lactic acid containing creams can be used to remove the dead skin cells. These also help moisturize the skin and reduce dryness. Vitamin A containing creams can be used to unplug the hair follicles. Avoid shaving and waxing.
- A word of caution though: These creams can cause itching and redness. Since this condition is prevalent in children, these creams need to be used only if absolutely essential and with medical prescriptions. The condition is harmless and self-limiting, so no treatment is mandatory. Patient education is of utmost importance in these cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.