Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SubhangiYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old and from last 2 years I have pain in my right wrist but this pain occurs in a gap. Not for all time Can you help me.
I have a minor fracture in my left elbow. Doctor suggest me plaster for a month but I also contact a ayurvedic clinic they suggest me for regular oil massage. I need help. I want to go with ayurveda. please suggest me right opinion.
Hello sir/mam, I have extremely high muscle spasm and back pain near lumbar vertebrate bone series number 5, which is above left side of hip, which treatment or which exercise should I follow, plz, I can not walk 20-25 min properly due to muscle spasm above hip and bone, during walking.
I am 16 years old. I have pain at my right side of back. I am suffering for 1 years. I feel this pain when I sit on chair for long (ie. In school) and if I down my neck, the pain increases.
I have knee pain and forgetfulness a lot and doing spelling mistake even for simple words I already knew. I had b12 deficiency which continued about 2 years but I dont have now and still my condition getting bad.
My mother aged 70 years is suffering from knee pain & has been advised knee transplant in both legs some one advised her to take some light steroid composition tablets to get relief from heavy pain as operation is not possible now due to some financial problems please advice ?
My work involves sitting in the same position for almost 10 hours due to which I have severe back ache , it gets worse in the morning when I wake up from bed , can you help.
I am 25 year old male and have backache for last 2 months. I have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven't got any relief what should I do now?
I'm 29 years old. Male, I have back pain for 2 years. When I have constipation the pain will be increased. What should I do? and please give me an advice to constipation.
I had Undergone cervical spondylitis operation 3 discs replaced in 2012. Experiencing internal heaviness too much not able to walk without walker. Medicine leofen 10 mg 2 tab twice. Suggest remedy to overcome heaviness so as to walk like a normal person. Sugar under control age 63.
Stress can be physical or mental. Physical stress is due to long and continuous physical activities like walking, jogging, travelling, cycling. Mental stress is mainly because of financial tension or relationship distress. Both types of stress cause similar damages to body. Stress is the main underlying cause behind diseases like high blood pressure, heart disease, thyroid, diabetes, kidney disease, peptic ulcer, bleeding disorders, cancer, recurrent infections etc.
Finding out the reason of stress and removal of cause of stress should be the main line of treatment of such diseases.
I am having severe stress in my thighs and calf from last 5 years and pain in back. Done all test mir/ dexa /blood test but no negative report. Having problem in holding things and feel low grip. My weight is 63 kg and I do reular walk and play games.
My mother is feeling pain in her joints since last year. Her age is 35 years old and also consulted to many doctors, also takes many medicine but didn't work it. Please help?
I'm 20 years old. Many times my muscle gets locked. It will be very painful. Immediately what do I need to do?
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a painful disorder of the hand caused by pressure on your median nerve as it runs through the carpal tunnel of the wrist. Symptoms include numbness, pins and needles, and pain (particularly at night). Anything that causes swelling inside the wrist can cause carpal tunnel syndrome, including repetitive hand movements, pregnancy and arthritis.
Cause of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome symptoms begin when the pressure inside the tunnel becomes too high. This results in your median nerve becoming compressed as it passes through the small tunnel.
The carpal tunnel pressure increase occurs when either of two things happens:
- The tunnel space decreases, such as when the wrist swells eg after a traumatic injury, partial subluxation of the carpal bones or fracture or tenosynovitis.
- When the contents of the tunnel (median nerve, blood vessels and tendons) enlarge.
- Both of these situations increase the pressure on the nerve, leading to the carpal tunnel symptoms.
Symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) sufferers will usually experience the following symptoms in their hand or fingers:
- hand pain or aching
- pins and needles
- numbness esp at night of with wrist flexing
- weakness or cramping
- perceived swelling
The symptoms are usually worse at night and your grip will weaken as the condition progresses. Eventually you will notice muscle atrophy of the thenar (thumb) muscles and loss of hand function or clumsiness. If this sounds like you, suspect carpal tunnel syndrome.
Physical Therapy Treatment
- Gliding Exercises: Moving your fingers in a specified pattern of exercises may help your tendons and nerves glide more smoothly through your carpal tunnel. While there’s some evidence that gliding exercises can help relieve symptoms when used alone, these exercises appear to work better in combination with other treatments -such as splinting.
- Graston Technique/Manual Therapy: The Graston Technique incorporates a patented form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively detect and treat scar tissue and restrictions that effect normal function. Manual therapy techniques such as myofascial release or Active Release Technique are hands-on techniques that release tight tendons and musculature.
- Ultrasound: Deep, pulsed ultrasound directed at the carpal tunnel can reduce pain and numbness, and improve hand strength. Continuous superficial ultrasound doesn’t help.
- Traction: Some people obtain relief from carpal tunnel symptoms by using a hand traction device, called C-Trac. You might try this device, which can be purchased for home use, if other conservative treatment options have failed.
- Splints: Splints (braces) are the most commonly used nonsurgical treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome. Splints that immobilize the wrist in a neutral (unbent) position are most likely to relieve discomfort. An unbent wrist maximizes the size of the carpal tunnel, which reduces pressure on the median nerve, relieving your symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.