Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SubhangiYour feedback matters!
1. Rheumatic diseases such as arthritis and fibromyalgia
2. Fertility and gynecological disorders
3. Skin problems such as eczema and acne
4. High blood pressure (hypertension)
6. Anxiety and depression
7. Bronchial congestion caused by allergies and asthma
My gf period had 5-10 oct and I having sex my gf 14 and after 1 hour my gf take unwanted 72. And after 3 days 17 again bleeding and finished 24th oct. Till nw 12 nov my gf has no period. So, please tell me. My gf has pregnant or not? please tell me?
Hi doc, good evening M pregnant, 3rd month running, I have vomiting sensation in both the time morning n evening, so please suggest me some home remedies if it ll b better if you suggest me along with honey, m suffering a lot doc. I took medicine only for 10 days dat too folic acid n sustain, now stopped all the medicines, I decided to consult homeo care to take homeopathic medicine. Tq.
Respected sir. I completed 8 months from marriage everyday me and my wife met sex 2/3 times in a day. From last week itself only one time it's happening why is any problem . Please rectified the same.
My friend had a hysterectomy around 7 yrs ago and also had one of her ovaries removed due to fibroids. Her doctor has recommended her to remove the second ovary too due to a 7cm endometrial cyst which causes her extreme pain when she ovulates. Will her sex drive go completely after the surgery? Will she be able to have an orgasm without intercourse? I know intercourse gets painful cause the tissues dry up and thicken. And does the sex drive go also because of the fear of pain or just the hormones being absent?
An STD or sexually transmitted disease is usually an infection which spreads from one person to another during sexual contact. Some STDs can also be transferred through touch, since they spread by skin contact. People hardly like to talk or discuss about STDs, but it is very important to rule out the possibilities of STD. Whether one likes it or not, if STD testing is ignored, then it can lead to long-term consequences.
Why STD Testing is Important?
Often STDs have no signs and symptoms, and the only way to know that are you suffering from an STD is to get tested for it. So it is a good idea to get yourself tested, as you never know if you might have STD even though you don't show symptoms. Also, when STDs are diagnosed, most of them can be cured.
Consequences of not Getting Tested
If one has STD and is not getting tested for the same, then it could lead to health problems which can cause permanent damages or might prove to be fatal. Some of the problems are:
- Undiagnosed and untreated STDs can lead to damaged reproductive system, leading to sterile men and women.
- Chlamydia, if untreated can lead to epididymitis and shrinkage of testicles and infertility in men. It also leads to pelvic inflammatory disease. But, good news is, it can be treated easily.
- Syphilis can make a person blind and deaf, and can also be passed on to babies.
- Gonorrhea, which can also be treated easily with antibiotics, can lead to infertility or death if untreated.
- Even HIV/AIDS if diagnosed in early stages can enable the patient to lead a normal life and does not mean only death, contrary to conventional perceptions.
Symptoms of STD
While, gonorrhea, chlamydia and human papilloma virus (HPV) have no symptoms, the common symptoms of STDs might vary.
- In women, the common symptoms are pain and burning sensation during urination, blood in vaginal discharge as also abnormal vaginal discharge, abdominal pain, blisters, warts, and swollen glands.
- Men often experience inflammation of the testicles, prostate, sores, fever, urethral discharge and pain during urination.
If these symptoms are observed, it is vital to get tested for STDs. Also, the best way to protect your partner is not to practice unsafe sex and to refrain from the same until diagnosed and treatment is complete.
Getting yourself tested for STD is also beneficial, as it can prevent against complications like cancers and infertility. The standard STD panel of tests consists of Herpes IgG antibody and HIV antibody blood tests, along with a blood test for syphilis antibody and DNA urine test for gonorrhea and Chlamydia.