Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sp ToddywallaYour feedback matters!
My 7 month baby boy last 3-4 days, every night crying so much and also having some cough, what can I do for him?
My 2 years doughter vo bol nehi sakta he. Lekin sab kuch samajh sakta he. Is keliye mereku kya larna padega?
I need to give my child the 2 yrs typhoid vacancie wanted to know what would be the cost and are there any side effects.
Mera baby 1.8 months ka hai. Use har, mahine sardi khansi ka problem ho jata h. Khansi itni badh jati h k bina PHENSEDYL syp k wo kam hi nhi hoti. Or agar kam b hoti hai to fir 1 mahine ke baad ho jati hai. Or uske munh se bahut laar nikalta hai or wo angutha bhi chusta hai. please doctors help me.
Can any doc prescribed me what all foods should I feed to my baby of 1 1/2 mnth as she is not on breast feeding she is on buffalo milk diluted wit some amount of water & please tell me what &which time should I feed her as she is too hungry now n then & she faces digestion problem when needed wit egg jaldi, khichdi,dal water, cerelac.she used to do hard type latrine when needed with such food. Kindly prescribed some digestion syrup also. thanks.her weight maybe 5/6 kg.
Hello doctor, my 15 days baby is suffering from constipation from last 3-4 days, and also she is sneezing 3-4 times a day, so please suggest any medicine or any option, thanks.
My 5 year. Old son is having fever and vomiting. I have already given p250 (paracetamol oral suspension) 5ml. Twice. Temperature reduces for some time and comes back. He is not eating anything. Kindly suggest what to do. I have also mefenamic acid suspension (mefetal -p). Shall I give this. Temperature varies from 101 f - 102.6f.
My daughter is 10 months old she is not gaining weight. Wat can I do. I started solid foods. Wat was the quantity and which type of food I have to feed her to gain weight. She didn't get teeth till now.
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.
The medical name for not being able to control urination is enuresis. Nocturnal enuresis is involuntary urination that happens at night while sleeping that is not under the child's control, after the age when a person should be able to control his or her bladder.
In a lot of cases, stress can be associated with enuresis. It's not uncommon to feel stressed out during the teenage years and events such as divorce, the death of a friend or family member, a move to a new town and adapting to a new school and social environment, or family tension can be overwhelming for a child. This is seen twice as commonly amongst boys than in girls of the same age.
If your child is having trouble controlling urine at night, consult a psychiatrist to rule out the possibility of a medical problem and manage the problem effectively as it can be extremely embarrassing for a growing child.