Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Acupressurists in India. You will find Acupressurists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupressurists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ear Acupuncture Technique
Electro Acupuncture Procedure
Scalp Acupuncture Treatment
Three Edge Needling Procedure
I am 23 year female. I feel like tired always and also paining my legs and back pain so what I do also my hair is white. So please give me proper solution.
He suffering from hair loss, he is taking treatment. Will hair fall increases due to lack of magnesium or any calcium's or vitamins in body? How to maintain it n which vitamins are best for hair?
He is having curly hair. What should be possible cheap and home made solution to straight his hair.?
Hi. I am a 21 year old female. I have an issue of hair fall. I used to have long nd thick hair. I dnt know the reason. I have got it treated. Bt till the medicines are on there is less hairfall. After the treatment is over again the hair fall starts. The new hair that grows is very thin and very fragile. I dont know what to do. Please help.
I have pain in my angles when I walk a lot. I found it difficult to stand up after sitting for a while. Can you suggest me a method to treat it?
A head full of hair is called a crowning glory and not only improves the looks and appearance of the person, but also adds to the person's image and self-esteem and confidence. With hair loss, the psychological effect is felt very strongly and can even lead to depression. Both men and women are equally affected by hair loss or balding, and can be treated with hair transplant.
It is a surgical procedure, wherein hair follicles are removed from one site that has normal hair growth (donor site) and placed on the bald patch with no or thin hair (recipient site). While the back of the head is the most common donor site, sometimes even the torso, trunk, and legs can be a good source. Hair is believed to grow in groups of follicles, so transplants are also done as follicular units.
Hair transplant usually differs in the way that the hair follicles are removed from the donor site. This can be done in two ways as outlined below.
Follicular unit strip surgery (FUSS): In this procedure, the donor site with a thick hair growth is identified and strips of tissue of about 1 x 15 cm are removed along with hair follicles. Under a microscope, excess fiber and fatty tissue in this strip is removed. The recipient site is prepared by creating small punctures at regular intervals into which the hair follicles are placed at appropriate angles, taking care to give a realistic look. The donor site will have minor injuries, which will heal with the new hair growing into it. The donor site will take about 2 weeks for the uptake of the follicles.
Follicular unit extraction (FUE): in FUE small punches are made at the donor site to remove tissues of 0.6 to 1 mm, which will contain hair follicles. These are placed into the recipient site at predetermined spacing and angles to produce a realistic appearance. This technique produces a more natural appearance and also fewer scars on the donor site. It takes longer than the strip surgery though.
The success of hair transplant depends on the postoperative care. The doctor will give a set of instructions for hair wash and hair care, which are to be followed strictly. In the first 10 days after transplant, the patient will experience a 'shock loss' where almost all of the new hair follicles will fall out leading to hair thinning. New hair growth in this area will be seen over the next 2 to 3 months. Itching and minor swelling will subside on their own.
With good follow-up care, hair transplant can be a boon to people who have baldness and can provide a big boost to self-esteem and confidence.
Runner’s knee is a very common problem with athletes. It is definitely not something one needs to worry about. In fact, with certain exercises, it can be prevented and if you do develop a runner’s knee, it can be treated with some exercises as well.
There are special sports medical practitioners who prescribe not only regular physiotherapy, but also specific exercises to deal with specific sports injuries. To fight with runner’s knee pain, there are a few exercises.
But the four most important ones are described in detail below.
- Quads: For performing proper quads, all you need is a back wall for additional support. You need to hold yourself against the wall and keep your legs apart from each other. The legs should be folded in the knees. In this position, you have to move up till the knee position with a minimum of one minute hold time in the knee position. You can repeat this exercise 10 times at a stretch before moving on to the next exercise.
- Hamstring: This is a fairly easier exercise than the previous one. You have to stand straight with your legs apart. Bend downwards from your hips. Relax your neck and back. Ease your head downwards as well. Keep your hands behind. Join both your hands and give it a stretch. If you think that this position is straining your neck or back a little too much, then you can simply stretch your hands without joining them.
- Calves: Calves is a standard exercise that is prescribed by medical practitioners and physiotherapists for easing out the pain caused by runner’s knee. You have to stand with your hand against the wall. Put your left leg forward and bend it at the knees. Stand on your right heel. Hold yourself in this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the legs and doing the same.
- Lateral: Lateral is also one of the easiest and common forms of exercises. You have to stand with your legs directly below your hips. Then stretch your right leg apart. Without bending your knees, try to touch the toes of your right leg with the fingers of your left hand. Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the position and performing the lateral with your left leg.
Thus, these are some of the very fundamental exercises that one should follow in order to get quick relief from the pains of a runner’s knee. These exercises are very easy and help in reducing pain.
My body has started feeling tired and I am having some body pain also from 5 days. please tell me what to do?
I am 63 years old and a diabetic of 20 years. Present plbs is 140, though so far it has never been in control. All along it ranged bet 200 to 300 plbs. My present problem is that I have lost my appetite and can ear very little between 1200 to 1500 cal. A day. Besides I fear I am developing prostate problem. Though nothing serious, yet urination speed has slowed down a bit. Please suggest some remedial measures. Though retired, otherwise enjoy good health and exercise for about 45 minutes a day that includes spot jogging, weights and yoga.
I am 21 years old. I have pain in my left arm near shoulder. It is to painful when I got up early in the morning.
Hi doctor, I am 34 yrs old female and my left leg is going swelling since last four days. One month before some hard stone fallen on my foot. From till date i was feeling pain in my leg but now swelling is increasing too much, is it any serious.?
1. Eat lots of protein in your diet such as dal, soya been, eggs etc
2. Rule out any hormonal reason such as thyroid disorder etc.
3. Drink at least 7 liter water daily
4. Perform cardiovascular exercise such as routine walking, jogging etc.
5. Avoid tension
6. Take at least 7 hrs of sound sleep