Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sonal ShahYour feedback matters!
I am 17 years old. The problem is that when I drink tea or coffee my tongue turns yellow. Otherwise it remains fine, what should I do?
I am 21 years old. I have severe tooth ache for last 3 months. I'm not able to eat cold foods. I have sensitivity in my tooth.
I am 25 old I am suffering mouth ulcer on month on month for 7 to 10 days in a month. Please give me any solution.
I am 26 year old man, I have some dental problems, it pains when I eat hot or cold foods, pls guide me what should I do now to avoid this?
Hello Doctor my self rajesh I am 35 year old man I have cavity and yellow teeth problem last 2 month and sensitivity problem what should I do please tell me.
I have so many cavities in my teeth I brush daily but this cavity problem is occur with mi. please tell me what can I do.
I am 26 years old girl. I am going through ceramic braces treatment due to which 3 of my teeth are extracted and due to overdose of medicines. I am facing the acne problem. Acne are gone almost but marks are still there. What to do to clear the face now. Got scars as well.
My teeth is sensitive. I have tried sensodine but no relief yet which medicine or toothpaste give me relief?
Doctor my downward teeth are yellowish from the age of 8 and now my upper front teeth are also getting yellow give me the solution for this problem.
I'm 23 years old male. Saliva secrets in my mouth during sleeping. I have lot of saliva while wake up. I have this issue for 10 yrs. Help me to overcome this.
Hello sir, i am 30yr old. Actually my front 2 teeths are littlebig & there is 3-4mm gap in between them & they are slitly coming outside. Is this possible to make it well? If yes then how much the treatment cost?
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.