Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Sonal ShahYour feedback matters!
I am having serious teeth pain from past fee days which medicine should I take to get instant relief.?
My teeth is yellow with fluoride What treatment is best for me please suggest me I want white teeth back.
Mujhe muh se kafi sare baas(bad breath) ya badbu aati rahti hai mai iska bahut ilaj karya chuka per bhi theek nahi ho pa raha hai mujhe theek hona bhi jaruri hai.
I'm 26years old female and have bad breath problem. I have changed many tooth paste like colgate, pepsodent, dober red, himalaya etc. But I didn't see the difference. And I don't have ulcer. But I'm having cavities. And I also done orthodontic treatment and tooth filling. Please tell me how to cure this problem.
I have a problem of" Gums bleeding" please tell me what to do to resolve this problem. Suggest me some medicines and toothpaste to stop gums bleeding.
Iam. Getting black marks in face and neck once pimples get disappear. Is there any home remedies to avoid black marks. And I can feel my mouth fresh only for three hours from brushing time. I feeling bad smell from mouth.
Hi doctor. I am 24 years old. I am a girl. Actually I got my tooth replacement done 5 years back. I have got gap teeth so my doctor advised to go for replacement. But now my gums are swelling & my teeth doesn't appear good when smile. I can't smile or laugh properly. Please help me! I need it.
My mom (age, 50)had a nasal cyst surgery before a month but she is yet not recovered, she have a severe tooth pain and weakness and suffering from heavy acidity from high dose medicines, Need help & suggestions to maker her recover fast -As I know it takes month to make this normal but 1.5 months is already passed and we are not getting positive results.
I am 35 year old male suffering from mouth bad smelling problem last 3 year what can I do for complete cure?
Tooth sensitivity is something that affects a number of people. It is often caused by eating or drinking something hot, cold, sweet or acidic. Under normal conditions, the underlying dentin of the tooth (the layer that immediately surrounds the nerve) is covered by the enamel in the tooth crown, and the gums that surround the tooth. Over time, the enamel covering can get thinner, thus providing less protection. The gums can also recede over time, exposing the underlying root surface dentin.
The dentin contains a large numbers of pores or tubes that run from the outside of the tooth to the nerve in the center. When the dentin is exposed, these tubes can be stimulated by changes in temperature or certain foods.
What causes it?
Exposure of the dentin can occur due to a number of factors. Some of the more common reasons are:
- Gum recession due to age or improper tooth brushing.
- Acidic beverages (such as soda) that cause enamel erosion and dentin exposure.
- Tooth grinding : this may actually cause most or all of the teeth to feel sensitive.
- Brushing with a very abrasive toothpaste, brushing incorrectly and/or brushing more than three times a day could result in a loss of enamel.
- Gum disease, which can result in gum recession.
- A chipped or fractured tooth may expose the dentin.
In addition, some dental treatments can cause sensitivity. Treatments such as such as teeth whitening, professional dental cleanings, having braces put on or getting a filling placed have been known to cause sensitivity during or after the procedure.
What can I do about it?
The first step in doing something about dental sensitivity is to find out what the cause is – a dental professional can help you with this.
If the sensitivity is due to a cavity, a restoration can be placed. If gum disease is the cause, the dental professional can perform a thorough cleaning of the area.
If the sensitivity is due to exposed dentin, there are a number of steps you can take, as can your dental professional, to help reduce the sensitivity. These can include:
- At Home:
- Use a very soft bristle tooth brush, with low abrasive tooth paste.
- Brush correctly and do not over brush.
- Use a tooth paste specially formulated to soothe the nerve endings in the tooth.
- Use a high concentration fluoride toothpaste (given to you by the dental professional) to strengthen the tooth surface.
- The dental professional can:
- In Office Procedures:
- Fluoride varnish can be applied to exposed areas, strengthening the enamel and dentin.
- Fluoride foam or gel can be placed into a mouth tray; you then sit with this in your mouth for 3-5 minutes, providing the teeth with a high concentration of fluoride to strengthen the areas.
- Bonding agent, the material used to stick tooth colored restorations to teeth, can be used to seal the dentin surface and provide a barrier to the stimuli that cause sensitivity.
In the end, whether you need an in-office procedure or over-the-counter products, the most important step is to see a dental professional so that he or she can determine the cause of the tooth sensitivity and help you find a solution that will work.