Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SonalYour feedback matters!
My child is hyperactive. What should l do? which food is good for him? what is the restoration? help me please.
I am having sneezing and cough from last 1 month, it is very frequent and happens every 2nd alternate month, I am not sure of any allergies because I never had one, it is happening from last 2 years, what are you suggestions please.
Keep on giving a complete diet, milk, juice and common food to the child during dentition. Remember that the child did not sleep by keeping the milk bottle in his mouth. Keep the child neat and clean and stop him to eat soil. Massage with ice cube after tying it in cloth on the gums in the inflammation of the gums. Do not give more salty and sour things to eat. If the child has suffered from fever with cold and catarrh, checkup by a doctor and give treatment properly.
My daughter is about 4 years old. She is around 10 kg in weight. I am giving her aptivate syrup for appetite but she in very loose in hunger. Please suggest what to do.
Sir, mere bete ki age 8 sal h. Uski aankhe kai dino se jpak rhi h. Dr. Ko dikhaya to nmi ki kmi bta rhe h. Drops tobcon. F and recool plus dal rhi hu lekin agar ek din bi bhul jati hu tb vhi problem ho jati h. Kya ye drops lifetime dalni pdengi, ya fir in drops se bache ki aankhe thik bi hongi ya ni, ye bimari aage jakr koi bdi bimari to ni bnegi na. please help me.
I am getting cold attacks frequently following by dry cough. Everytime the doctor prescribes antibiotics. I would like to know why this is happening so frequently and what remedial actions can be taken.
My baby is 22 months old. Her diet is too less. She eats one time meal. Now she has viral fever and eating only one bite chocolate a day. That is it. She's losing weight drastically. Please suggest some med to increase her diet. Not only during fever but generally.
Sir I'v two sons. The elders on is 9 years old. He has problem with epilepsy for the last 4 years. His treatment is going on. He doesn't eat anything. So, his liver is very weak. What should I do?
Insulin like supplementary drugs for hyperglycemia
Pramlintide (symlin) is a new type of injectable drug that can help control postprandial hyperglycemia, the sudden increase in blood sugar after a meal. Pramlintide is injected before meals and can help lower blood sugar levels in the 3 hours after meals. Pramlintide is used in addition to insulin for patients who take insulin regularly but still need better blood sugar control. The fda approved this drug in 2005 for adults with type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Pramlintide and insulin are the only two drugs approved for treatment of type 1 diabetes.
Pramlintide is a synthetic form of amylin, a hormone that is related to insulin. Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, headache, fatigue, and dizziness. Patients with type 1 diabetes have an increased risk of severe low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) that may occur within 3 hours following a pramlintide injection. This drug should not be used if patients have trouble knowing when their blood sugar is low or have slow stomach emptying (gastroparesis).
Can we take along 5 weeks old baby to nainitaal from delhi for three days by car? is it advisable considering the different wether condition of two cities?
My baby boy 1 year 1 month. I use to feed with boiled powdered oats. Is it good for him or not. One of my friend said oats shouldn't feed 1 year babies. Can I stop feeding oats. Pls tell me.
Hi my son is 1 year 9 months old he's having difficulty in passing motion the motion is hard he cries a lot when in diaper he stands and does motion which is hard and with difficulty two day's back he had developed a boil over we consulted a pediatric he gave acculav D's 4 ml thrice when asked about motion he said he will get loose motion after 1 day he did motion with difficulty I am worried we give him everything what to include to in food to make his motion soft pls tel me.
My daughter is 6 months old and she has problem of nose block from so many days. We are giving her saline nasal drops 6-7 times a day. Are Saline nasal drops are safe? And how to do permanent cure of this problem?
My daughter is 3. 5 years old continuously suffering with cough mainly due to flum since last 2 months. Please suggest any good syrup to my daughter.
Iron is an essential nutrient and mineral that is required by adults and children alike. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. It is especially important for children because it aids development and prevents anaemia. Untreated iron deficiency in children can cause physical and mental delays. It can lead to less healthy red blood cells in the child's blood stream which will cause a delay in the growth of physical and mental faculties.
Risk factors for iron deficiency in children
Infants and children at highest risk of iron deficiency include:
- Babies who are born prematurely or have a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before age 1
- Breast-fed babies who aren't given complementary foods containing iron after age 6 months
- Babies who drink formula that isn't fortified with iron
- Children ages 1 to 5 who drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of cow's milk, goat's milk or soy milk a day
- Children who have certain health conditions, such as chronic infections or restricted diets
- Children ages 1 to 5 who have been exposed to lead
- Adolescent girls also are at higher risk of iron deficiency because their bodies lose iron during menstruation.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia in children may include:
- Pale skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Slow cognitive and social development
- Inflammation of the tongue
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Increased likelihood of infections
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Prevent iron deficiency in children
Take steps to prevent iron deficiency in your child by paying attention to his or her diet. For example:
- Breast-feed or use iron-fortified formula. Breast-feeding until your child is age 1 is recommended. If you don't breast-feed, use iron-fortified infant formula.
- Encourage a balanced diet. When you begin serving your baby solids, typically between ages 4 months and 6 months, feed him or her foods with added iron, such as iron-fortified baby cereal. For older children, good sources of iron include red meat, chicken, fish, beans and dark green leafy vegetables. Between ages 1 and 5, don't allow your child to drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of milk a day.
- Enhance absorption. Vitamin C helps promote the absorption of dietary iron. You can help your child absorb iron by offering foods rich in vitamin C, such as melon, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Consider iron supplements. If your baby was born prematurely or with a low birth weight or you're breast-feeding a baby older than 4 months and he or she isn't eating two or more servings a day of iron-rich foods, talk to a child's doctor about oral iron supplements.
Make sure that you watch out for the tell tale signs of iron deficiency and take the necessary precautions to avoid the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific child related problem, you can consult a specilized pediatrician and ask a free question.