Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SonalYour feedback matters!
I am 16 weeks pregnant through IVF with a singleton. Is it necessary to opt for elective ceasarian and not normal delivery ? My IVF specialist & gynae both suggested the same to avoid any risk. Please suggest.
LIKORIA (leukorrhea) is a medicinal term that signifies a thick, whitish vaginal discharge. It is a natural defence mechanism that the vagina uses to keep up its chemical balance. It also safeguards the flexibility of the vaginal tissue. It might also be due to irritation or blockage of the vaginal mucosa.
There are such a large number of reasons for leucorrhea, the most common one being increased estrogen. The measure of discharge may really increase because of vaginal disease or STDs (sexually transmitted diseases), in which case it turns out to be more yellow and has a foul smell. Here are ten herbal cures for Likoria:
Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek seeds enhance the pH level in the vagina and are known to influence estrogen levels. Drench one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. The following morning, strain the water and include one and a half teaspoon of honey. Drink it on an empty stomach.
Amla Root: For treating leucorrhea you need to take one tablespoon of amla root and absorb it in an ounce of water for eight to nine hours. Strain the root and drink the water each day until your symptoms come down.
Lukol: An ayurvedic concoction, which is a blend of a few intense herbs, Lukol is known to get rid of the pain from the side effects of leucorrhea.
Amaranth root: Amaranth root has antibacterial properties that helps in treating diseases. Its compounds help in the mending of reproductive organs. Grind amaranth root and add to water. Drink twice per day, morning and night for better results. Amaranth leaves and its branches can be added to boiling water for the same impact.
Coriander seeds: Coriander seeds are extremely helpful home cure for leucorrhoea. Absorb the seeds in water overnight. Strain and drink this water the following morning on an empty stomach. This should be taken for no less than one week for better results.
Amalaki powder: Take some amalaki powder and mix it with honey or sugar. Add it to a glass of water and drink. It can also be added to milk or used as a paste to be applied on the vaginal tract for better results.
Asparagus: Blend and boil asparagus with somnifera withania. Drink this for effectively treating this condition.
Turmeric powder and garlic: Blend turmeric powder with garlic. This is effective when the white release is thick and irritating.
Walnut leaves: Walnut leaves have astringent properties, which are helpful in getting rid of infections and treating leucorrhoea. A mix made by soaking the leaves in water and boiling for around twenty minutes. This can be strained and used on genital areas.
Different Herbs: Lamium album, White weed and Tiger lily are different herbs used for the treatment of Leucorrhoea. They should be used under the direction of naturopaths. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I had sex with my wife on June 19th 2016. She's last period date is June 1st. Till day period not happened. How to confirm she's carrying or not. Now we are not planed for baby. Please suggest.
Your stomach is lined with a mucosal membrane known as the mucosa and due to a variety of factors, it may become inflamed. This inflammation may cause a lot of problems and complications which are grouped under gastritis.
Symptoms of gastritis
- Upper abdominal pain
- Reduction of appetite
- Blood in the stool amongst the others
Gastritis can be quite debilitating and limiting for the people affected by it.
The Ayurveda approach
Ayurveda is a holistic form of medicine which takes into account many factors rather than just the physical disposition and symptoms that strives to cure the patients of the illness in a well-rounded manner. To this effect, Ayurveda helps you treat this problem with multiple angles of attack such as herbal medications and special cleansing therapies among many others. Let’s take a look at some of the methods usually employed in various combinations among the patients.
- Changes in diet: Consuming any diet which has a lot of spicy and rich foods over prolonged periods may result in gastritis and other problems. If you already have gastritis, then certain other types of food also need to be excluded such as tea, coffee, sour foods, chilies and buffalo milk among others. These food groups are excluded as they may increase the acidity of the stomach which may cause an escalation of the problems. Some of the foods that may help with gastritis are grapes, pumpkins, bitter gourd, pomegranate, melons and cucumber, etc.
- Natural remedies: Some natural remedies that can be very effective in dealing with the symptoms of gastritis are mentioned below
- Ajwain and rock salt have been an age old remedy in treating multiple gastrointestinal disorders and can be effective in this case as well.
- Lemon juice is also very effective in treating symptoms or gastritis and also reducing inflammation.
- Take amla, ginger, and licorice either in a raw form or as a dried option or mixed with other things such as milk or honey. These help in regulating and reducing the acidity within the stomach.
- Ayurvedic medications: There are many specialized Ayurvedic medications which can be used to treat gastritis such as:
- Amalaki choorna
- Avipattikara choorna
- Sootashekhara rasa
- Sukumara Ghrita
- Dhatri Lauha
However, you should consult a specialist Ayurveda doctor as they can prescribe the correct medications for you after studying your specific symptoms.
Before marriage I participate sex with neighbour. After 4 months I got married. I and my wife participate sex then we both are infected with fungal. We use antifungal cream then the infection will gone. After 3 years I only get it again. My herpes result is positive and hiv result is non reactive. I'm also suffering from diabetes and I lost 3 kgs weight from 3 year's .I use remedy " drinking hot water and lemon with honey to reduce the weight" pls solve my problem? I need any Tests?
I m 18 years old my problem is period in this years period had come twice a month is there any problem.
I had TAH and BSO (Hysterectomy) done on 21st 2015. I resumed normal work on 24th itself, surgery was painless, medicines administered till 31st Dec'15. Do not lift heavy weights etc. I had no b. P. No sugar, ECG was normal. I am doing swimming now in Ganga water almost daily and itching pain inside the horizontal incision subsides. At times I get some itching sensation i. E. Tingling sensation inside. But it is not at all unbearable. I live mostly on fruits and liquid diet. Breathing rate being 3 to 4 times per minute. Should I take any medicine? Please advise me in this regard.
The first six weeks after the baby is born is termed as the postpartum period. While this is a joyous phase for a mother, it requires healing and adjustments for the mother. While the mother bonds with the baby during this period, adjusting to surroundings with the new baby can be challenging affair. The postpartum care, therefore, becomes more important. Here is a brief guideline about the essential precautions of postpartum care and its importance-
- Get as much rest as possible: Postpartum care can be demanding for a mother. Sleeping is required to beat the fatigue and tiredness during this period. The baby wakes up from the sleep every alternate hour and the mother needs to feed him. To ensure that the mother is not physically exhausted, it is important that she sleeps whenever the baby does.
- Eat healthily: Maintaining a healthy diet during the postpartum care is extremely important. Food such as whole grain, protein, fruits, and vegetables can contribute to incremental healing. If a mother is breastfeeding the baby, consumption of fluid is equally as important as a healthy diet. A good diet helps a mother to gain sufficient energy that she is burning during the initial few weeks of giving birth to the baby.
- Avoid strenuous work: Each mother should take at least 2-3 months after delivery to get back to work. If the situation arises where a mother is forced to join back her job or take up professional activities, it should be ensured that she should not take up any strenuous activities. It will not only wear her out but take a heavy toll on the mental health as well.
- Exercise: Usually a doctor suggests the right time to exercise and prescribes the right exercise that is necessary to a mother. The exercise should not be too strenuous. A quick walk around the park, brisk jogging for 10 minutes, some easy-to-follow free-hand exercises can be extremely beneficial for a mother during this stage. Exercise can keep fatigue and boredom at bay and helps a mother increase the energy levels throughout the day.
- Seek help: Postpartum depression is very common among new mothers. It often shows up during the first few weeks after giving birth. Close to 80 percent of the mother explains abrupt mood swings, irritability, restlessness, insomnia, sadness, unexplained crying etc. It makes sense to visit a doctor or seek professional help if these symptoms do not go away after a couple of weeks of giving birth to the baby. Doctors can suggest ways to get over this phase easily. If not for these symptoms, a doctor should be consulted in any which case for a span of first three months to refrain from unwanted complications.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am suffering pcos n my husbands sperm count is 52 million but active motile is 20%.is it possible to get pregnant without iui process or ivf. If I take ovulate 2nd day of my period for 3 month is it going to work? Or I have only option iui?
Hi doctor I have pcod problem that have multiple ovarian cyst 4 mm to 7 mm size any pills for regulating periods for medicines please tell me medicines name and side effects and how much months I have to take that pill for regulating periods please tell me waiting.
Sir/Madam My wife has been operated with major surgery for delivery of a baby. How many days should I wait for having sex with my wife? Please educate and suggest me in this event.
Metabolic training is basically about giving people fitness that is time effective which helps them burn fat get lean muscle and improve cardio vascular health. The key about metabolic is taking multiple pieces of fitness techniques combining them together in a way that is fast.
I am trying to conceive. My hubby got dengue now he is not having fever. And his platelet count is coming to normal. When we can start trying? Does dengue effects sperm count. Pls answer me.
I am in 9th week of pregnancy. I am having nausea & vomiting very badly & can not control till last drop even some blood also comes out with it. I am taking parental vitamins & Ondem MD But still daily vomiting is there & even can not digest rice, fruits, milk, coconut water etc Please guide safe way to reduce vomiting. Also having complete stomach muscle pain & back pain due continue vomits.
My mother is 43 years old and her ultrasonography report of whole abdomen says an ill defined SOL (5.16x3. 23 cm) is noted in posterior uterine wall-may be? Fibroid and a dominant follicle/follicular cyst (2.16x1. 97 cm) is noted in left ovary. Also as compared to her 2010 USG reports, enlarged uterus and ovary has been reported in 2016 USG reports. Kindly help.
गले में मौजूद थायरॉइड ग्रंथि से संबंधित समस्या इन दिनों आम है। खासकर महिलाएं इसकी शिकार ज्यादा हैं। इससे निकलने वाले हॉर्मोन थायरॉक्सिन के सामान्य से कम या ज्यादा स्त्रावित होने पर कई समस्याएं उत्पन्न हो जाती हैं। जैसे वजन का कम या ज्यादा होना, बालों का झड़ना, त्वचा का रूखापन, कभी कब्ज व कभी दस्त, त्वचा का ठंडा व गर्म रहना, भूख ज्यादा लगना या खत्म हो जाना आदि। अगर आप भी हाइपर या हाइपो थायरॉइडिज्म के शिकार हैं तो कुछ घरेलू नुस्खों और शारीरिक व्यायाम से इस समस्या से काफी हद तक छुटकारा पा सकते हैं।
खाने के लिए
सिघांड़ा : यह कैल्शियम से लेकर आयोडीन तक की कमी को पूरा करता है और थॉयरॉक्सिन को नियंत्रित करता है। इसे चटनी, ज्यूस, सेककर, अचार, सब्जी, रोटी, खीर, हलवा, कच्चा व सिका हुआ आदि किसी भी रूप में खाया जा सकता है।
अनानास : गले के रोगों में अनानास का प्रयोग बहुत अच्छा रहता है। इसका प्रयोग चटनी, मुरब्बा, सलाद, ज्यूस, रायता के रूप में किया जाता हैै। इस बीमारी में आई सूजन को भी यह मिटाने में मदद करता है।
प्याज : गले का जमा कफ निकालने से लेकर खांसी, जुकाम, गला बैठना जैसे रोगों में प्याज की सब्जी, सलाद का प्रयोग लाभकारी है।
कमलककड़ी और कमल गट्टा : कमल की लकड़ी और बीज कैल्शियम और आयोडीन का प्रचुर स्त्रोत हैं।
गले की क्रियाएं
गर्दन को सांस छोड़ते हुए नीचे लाना, सांस लेकर पीछे ले जाना और इसी तरह दाईं और बाईं तरफ लाकर गोल-गोल घुमाना।
उज्जयी प्राणायाम : जीभ को अंदर से मोड़कर तालू पर लगाएं और गले को आवाज प्रभाव देते हुए नाक से सांस खीचें। ऎसा पांच से 10 बार करें।
सर्वांगासन : सर्वांगासन थायरॉइड क्रिया के लिए बहुत लाभकारी है। जमीन पर पीठ केवल लेटकर दोनों पैरों को ऊपर उठाकर कुछ समय के लिए रोकना है।
सिंहासन : कागासन स्थिति में बैठ कर सिंह की तरह दहाड़ करके आवाज करें।
गले की लपेट
गले पर हल्का सा तेल लगाकर गीला कपड़ा बांधें और उसके ऊपर मफलर या कोई ऊनी कपड़ा बांधें।
परहेज : इस बीमारी में सोयाबीन ओर केला का सेवन निषेध है।