Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Somil Mithaliya
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Somil MithaliyaYour feedback matters!
My father is 76 years old. He is suffering from diabetes since last 10 years. But for first 5 years he controlled his diabetes by by changing the food habit and kept it within normal. But after that he had to take medications. But since last 1 year his createnin levels developed slightly to 1.5 and later on to 1.7. So doctor changed the medicine and gave trajenta. But his creatnin level reduced slightly to 1.6. But before seven days his createnin levels become 1.7. So doctor started insulin of. But sugar level did not reduce. So he increased the dose to 28. Please advise for the safety of the kidney of my father and to check the sugar level in a proper way so the the overall health of my father will be maintained.
My query is I am having uric acid 8 and I am not feeling pains regularly, where it wil affect and please suggest home remedies and precautions.
I am 32 years old male My blood sugar report is following. Hb1ac-6.8 Fasting-87 mg on 31 oct 2017 Rbs-225 mg on 17/12/2018 Fasting-105 on 18/12/2017 height-5.8, weight-100 kg Sugar diet and walking started now. Kindly guide me any composition which needs to be take.
Tsh is 26 against a max. 0f 5. Esr 15 against max. Of 7. These tests were done when complained of ibs. I am taking medicines for thyroid. For ibs what should be done?
Joint pain and fatigue. Previous diagnosed with thyroid continued thyromos 150 med. And blood pressure stays mostly low.
My liver enzymes are quite high in my blood tests. I feel very week for the last 2 months and also my before breakfast sugar is also high. Please advise.
My sugar level not going down from 300 by last 15 days. My age is 55 years. I am taking 30 unit insulin as of now. What to do.?
My father is a diabetic and my paternal grandparents both were diabetic so can you tell that is there a chance to prevent diabetes for me and my sister? Thank you.
I am in my my 6.5th month of pregnancy, my TSH is 1.73 n in one of garbh sanskar lecture it is informed that TSH should be 3 for baby to be intelligent so what should be TSHlevel.
2 months back due to sum health issues I made all test in reports my sugar level was high but I am not a diabetic patient this month its normal even 3rd time made test also. Why this happens I am worried whether I am suffering from diabetes could you please understand and guide me. Still I am not taking any medicine.
What precautions should a teenager take when both parents suffer from diabetes and one suffers from high blood pressure and cholesterol as well? Thanks in advance!
My father has type-2 diabetes. What could I do to be prevented from all sought of diseases? What are the foods to lower cholesterol?
I am taking glimepiride 2 mg+ Metformin 500 mg for diabetes, Trilosar 6.25 for Hypertension, duloxetine 20 mg OD, propranolol 20 mg OD all are taking from more than 2.5 years. I am suffering from heavy and serious hair fall. My query is that due to side effects of which aforesaid medicines, I am suffering from this severe hair fall. Kindly guide. I have done all possible efforts to stop hair fall but all in vain. Kindly help.
I am facing uric acid problem in my lower back left side! Suggest me wht should I do to clean uric acid! And I am unable to stop eating chicken, mutton etc! Plz help.
Hello doctor, I am 34 years old guy, I came to know that I have sugar 4 months back, it was pp 246 and fasting 146, hba1c was 7.8, I controlled my diet and took fenugreek seeds, paneer ke phool for 3 months and checked again, it came hba1c 6.1, fasting 79 and pp 159. But still some times my sugar level goes beyond 200 if I eat more. I am puzzled because I am going to gym and my instructor told me that I have to eat more fat. As my weight reduced almost 6 kgs. I want to increase my weight as well as my want to live sugar free with ayurvedic medicine only. Please provide the solution for my problem. There is no issue with my energy level.
Infertility is a medical condition which is characterised by problems in successful conception, even after prolonged and frequent unprotected sex amongst a couple. Infertility may occur due to problems with either the male, the female partner and in many cases both of them. This condition can cause much strife in a relationship not just within the individuals but also be a cause for social embarrassment. The causes of infertility could be-
- Testicular injury or deformed testis,
- Irregular menstrual periods,
- Problems with erections,
- Uterus is ill-shaped,
- Premature ejaculation,
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome,
- Pelvic inflammatory diseases caused by Sexually transmitted infections such as gonorrhea and Chlamydia,
- Scanty sperm count,
- Thyroid disorders,
- Blockage of the fallopian tube.
Other lifestyle related reasons could be excessive alcohol consumption, aging, diabetes, obesity, high pressure and as a side effect of radiation therapy or other medications.
Ayurveda and Infertility-
According to Ayurvedic scriptures, infertility occurs when there is a deficiency of nutrients in the Shukra Dhatu of an individual. This might occur as a result of indigestion and excessive toxic content in the human body. This could be caused due to excessive consumption of spicy foods or if they have chronic stress or anxiety. The Ayurvedic remedies boost the nutrition of the Shukra Dhatu in order to boost fertility. The most potent Ayurvedic herbs which can cure infertility are as follows:
- A prescribed consumption of the powder of dried banyan bark along with sugar might help to cure infertility.
- The inclusion of cumin and turmeric powder in regulated dosages in your daily food might also help to facilitate fertility.
- A consumption of the root of the herb Ashwagandha for 3 times a day has also been shown to be beneficial.
- A daily consumption of the powder of Vanari Kalpa in warm milk might help in curing any problems related to the ejaculation of semen.
- Consuming a mixture of the powder of Vrushya vati in warm milk, it might help to increase the sperm count.
- The consumption of Ayurvedic preparation of phalasarpi (a mixture of the herbs Kustha, manjistha, Triphala, tagara, haldi etc.) might help to deal with the problems of infertility in women.
- Yoga also has many effective asanas or poses which help boost both male and female fertility and thus may help in correcting infertility caused due to physical factors such as injuries or deformities.
- Changes in lifestyle also have to be brought in such as quitting smoking, reducing alcohol consumption among others. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Not everyone can conceive a baby easily. The inability to conceive a baby despite having intercourse during the fertile window in a woman’s menstrual cycle for over a year is termed as infertility. Infertility does not affect only the physical health of a woman, but also her mental and emotional well-being as well as the couple’s social health.
In some cases, infertility can be treated with Ayurveda. According to Ayurveda, a couple needs to be both physically and mentally strong and healthy. Ayurveda believes that a lack of nutrition in the shukra dhatu or the person’s reproductive tissue is the cause of infertility. This can be triggered by indigestion, anxiety, depression, insomnia and the presence of toxins in the body. Some of the ways Ayurveda can be used to treat infertility are as follows:
- Eat cool foods: Spicy food can affect the quality of shukra dhatu and lower the quality and quantity of both sperm and ovum. This is because shukra dhatu requires a cool environment to promote fertility. Hence, eat food that is easy to digest and which has a cooling effect on the body. Men can benefit from foods like asparagus, dates and almonds, while foods like quinoa and pineapples can help a woman conceive easily.
- Shirodhara therapy: Shirodhara involves the movement of liquid over the forehead in a rhythmic manner at specific points. This stimulates the hypothalamus, pituitary and pineal glands and aids in the secretion of hormones including follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). When it comes to women, FSH stimulates the ovarian follicles into releasing an egg without which it would be impossible to conceive a child.
- Fight stress: One of the effects of stress is reduced libido. Prolonged exposure to stress is often a major factor that contributes to infertility. When it comes to women, stress makes a woman ovulate less regularly. In men, stress can affect the sperm production and affect testosterone levels. To fight stress, try deep breathing exercises like alom vilom or keep a little time aside each morning for a walk or light exercise.
- Lodhra: This herb is very beneficial in treating women with infertility. It stimulates FSH and luteinising hormones (LH) and lowers the risk of a miscarriage. It also increases chances of conception. Lodhra should be taken twice a day along with honey and milk.
- Lifestyle changes: Ayurveda is not only about herbal medicines but also following the right lifestyle. Bad habits like smoking, drug usage and alcohol not only affect a person’s overall health but also interfere with fertility. Hence, when trying to conceive a child, quit these bad habits and try following a healthier lifestyle that involves following a routine, eating right and exercising regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.