Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sohan JainYour feedback matters!
I have blemishes on my face I have used so many allopathic medicine and ointments but no permanent benefit kindly advise.
Hello ! My face has got Melasma (pigmented spots ) and tried all the medication but of no use .what should I do , to get it removed (its been 4-5 yrs). It sometime gets lighter but the very next day go very dark over cheeks n forehead. Can you suggest any medication that can help in removal of this pigmented spots .which are kind of irritating. Thanks a lot.
I have hyper pigmentation in my fingers of hand and feet. How can I treat it, because it looks very odd.
My child leg burned with boiled water in age of 15 month now his age is 21 month .skin get darker and and also whiteness in some area. How to get skin as normal skin.
PSA free to total ratio. 28/02/2015: 16.702 19/09/2015: 14.684 29/02/2015: 16.340 PSA total. 28/02/2015: 4.245 19/09/2015: 4.733 29/02/2015: 5.465 Digital Rectal Examination 01/10/2015: Normal Family History: Elder brother had prostate cancer Other Symptoms: None Is there a cause of concern here? What should be the next step. Is biopsy a good idea? What is the success rate / benefit of early detection?
I have some rashes problem. I am consulting 2 or 4 doctors of skin specialist but nothing happened into this please help.
The skin is known as the largest organ in the human body. It covers us from top to toe and has three layers:
- Epidermis: The outermost layer
- Dermis: Lies just beneath the Epidermis
- Hypodermis: It holds the fat and connective tissue
Our skin requires constant care and protection because it is exposed to the ravages of pollution, dust and harmful UV rays. Let us consider the following reasons for taking care of the skin.
- Free Radicals: The particles or molecules that escape from dust, pollution and other such factors in everyday urban living, settle on the skin and clog the pores. It is important to clean the skin every single day and exfoliate at least once a week with a trip to the salon or with a facial scrub at home, so that these can be removed.
- Dead Cells: The skin throws up dead cells on a daily basis, which may not be obvious to the naked eye. These need to be cleared daily as they can also clog the pores and give rise to acne, skin infection and other skin conditions, that can take a turn for the worse with ailments like Melanoma and skin cancer.
- Elasticity: One must keep the skin clean and use anti aging products in a timely manner along with a good moisturiser and sunscreen, so that the supple quality and glow is kept intact with a regular cleanse of the collagen, which can be prevented from slipping away due to neglect. This collagen keeps the elasticity of the skin which makes the skin look firm and young.
- Prevention: One must clean the skin and use skin care products that prevent premature aging and accumulation of free radicals. Prevention is better than cure and this stands true in the case of skin care as well.
- UV Rays: The powerful UV rays can hit your skin persistently and cause long term damage and sun spots. In order to lessen the damaging effect, it is important to use protective skin care products that will help in keeping freckles, age spots, brown spots, skin peeling and excessive sunburn and tanning at bay.
- Skin Problems and Allergies: Bug bites, injuries and other allergies must be taken care of instantly with a visit to the doctor or medicated creams and medication. This will ensure that the delicate texture of the skin does not get marred by possible infection.
It is important to look after your skin with a proper routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising.
Sir. My grand pa has small crack like structure in foot till the knee reddish sine tone and the mussel is hard. There is burning sensitisation around the rash and he has sugar and a heart patient. Kindly prescribe or say the suggestion.
I have pimples kn my face and acne too. Please suggest some measures to prevent and cure it. My skin is oily.
Dear Sir/Mam My age is 22. I am having dry skin and I use himalayas moisturizing face wash and cream. I also gets white spots on my face, adding to it some pores on my forehead alone. I also take head bath twice a week. What should I do to get clear skin? any creams or immediate remedies to get it clear. Kindly help.
Sir /madam I am having black patches on my face please support me which soap I have to use and which cream I have to use and in night which cream is good for face to apply for me in the morning and in night also.
My age is 23. My height is 6ft. My weight is 78 kg. I have enlarged prostate 22.6 cc. Can homeopathic medicine SABAL SERRUlATA can help my prostate gland to came in normal size. What are the doses and for what period?
Botox is a wrinkle treatment, but is used for treating a range of medical conditions. It has been in use for well over 18 years and is considered to be safe when performed under the guidance of a medical practitioner. Apart from aesthetics, a range of other facial, migraine and dermatological problems can be addressed by Botox.
Botox limits facial expression: The primary objective of a Botox treatment is to enhance the look of a person and not the contrary. When administered by a skilled physician, you can still smile and animate like before. Botox in no way affects the sensory nerve. The muscle beneath the point of injection gets relaxed and remains active. The apprehension of limited facial activity is baseless.
Botox travel through your body: This again is a myth. Botox diffuses not more than 1cm into the skin. Due to its localized nature, it does not affect any other parts of the body other than the intended area.
Botox has toxic content: Botox, like any other drug, is safe when taken under supervision. Like other drugs, it too gets scanned by the drug regulatory authorities. It is neither dangerous nor contains any toxic substance.
Dermal fillers involve intense pain: Dermal fillers are not as painful as advocated by many people out there. It does have its fair share of discomfort but a medical practitioner always uses a topical anesthetic and other anxiety related medications during the treatment.
Downtime for Botox is fairly long: Botox is known as the afternoon injection for its convenience and easy procedure. Botox procedure has no downtime at all. Doctors often suggest against lying down for a good 2-3 hours after the injection. Dermal fillers might result in minor swelling but there are medicines to counter that too.
Botox is permanent in nature: Botox effects lasts for 4-6months. For people who take Botox shots regularly, it tends to last longer.
Dermal fillers and Botox are the same: While people these days use them interchangeably, they are not the same. For instance, Botox lessens the effect of wrinkles by relaxing the facial muscle whereas dermal fillers add volume to the tissue and restores the muscle.
Botox is applied only when Facial lines are visible: This is not necessarily true. If the family of an individual has a history of facial lines, it makes sense to start Botox for facial line prevention. This delays the actual facial line appearance and requires fewer Botox shots going forward.