Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Smita Roy ChoudhuryYour feedback matters!
Hello My daughter who is going to be 5 years in october was suffering from meningitis/septicemia? (doctors thought) from 3months old and was given antibiotics ets for more than one month and EEG test shows she has seizure disorder. Till now she cannot speak and even though she can walk she still has problem (not like normal child). Her hearing is good. I give her dilentin at morning and evening till today from 3 months old. Did she have chance to get cured? which hospital will I take her t? please help.
Dear Sir - My baby is seven month old she has VSD (Ventricular Septal defect),from last wo month day by day her postion is getting bad, Could you help us Regards
My 2.5 year playful son complained me for pain in stomach at around 8: 00 pm. However the pain was not continuous. Due to pain he took light dinner and refused to take remaining food. At 9: 30 pm he again started crying due to pain then he had loose motion (but not very loose). Then he vomited after taking ORS. After that he vomited 3 times within an hour. I have given him Domped (4.5 ml) and then he slept as he has no energy in his body, but after half an hour he again vomited. Please provide your suggestions.
Dr. My son is 5 year old he persists cough from last 9 months. I had donr all tests like AFB that is normal and blood test that is also ok but in chest x ray he had mild cardiomegaly. Dr. said done ECO. Dr. I ask you a question is it curable and prevent. O m worried about him. He has no any breathing problem.
Got a girl child 3 year old with 2 problems mainly, one is pinworms, not going after taking Albendazole. She keeps complaining of anal itching. Second problem is her coughing every other month she has this cough. Vaccinations are complete. Cough does not go without medicine and sometimes nebulizer. Doctors prescribes nebulizers with corticosteroids in them. Is there any medicine that you can prescribe for both pinworms and coughing to try? Thanks.
I am married guy with a 4 months baby boy. My sex life was good for initial 2 years of my marriage (4-5 times a week) till we got the news of my wife's pregnancy. We avoided sex in first 3 months as per doctor's advice & then for following 3 months, we did occasionally (once a week). Then there was a complete pause of 6 months till the baby was of 3 months. On resuming sex, I am facing problems for which I need solution. I don't get erection strong enough to penetrate even after good foreplay & if we try harder for it then I end up ejaculating. We tried penetrating using oil as lubricant in semi-erect state but either erection is unsustainable or it ends up in premature ejaculation. Me & my wife love each other but this situation is affecting our relation. I can't fulfill her desires every time by foreplay. Also I started avoiding getting physical with her due to it. We try having sex hardly once a week but it leads to dissatisfaction. please help. Also I am ashamed to consult doctor face to face.
My son health is very weak and thin and energy level also poor. What should I do for his good health. Please give solution for his good health.
My baby is in 2nd month. In 1st month, I fed her every 2 hrs. Should I continue that? or what should be the frequency of feeding?
My Baby is 105 days old and mother milk is too short at everyday evening time then now what can I will do?
We have a 100 days old male kid who oozes out excess saliva. He is being breast fed. Can homoeopathic medicine be given to him? pl indicate the name & potency.
Hi doctor, my baby is 3 months old. He is having slow weight gain and looking so lean. His birth weight is 3.4 kg and now he is 5.2 kg. Is it normal? I am on breastfeeding. He is not finishing one breast completely. He is taking only foremilk and not hindmilk. He is very lazy to suck and sleeps often in the breast. After feeding I used to pump to remove the hindmilk. Please suggest what to be done?
in todays world it is almost imposssible to always avoid the allergen, so the better option is to strengthen the body to fight against these.
Ayurveda advocates certain daily regimens which can help in this.
1.Proper oral hygiene has to be maintained. Practice tooth brushing at morning and before bedtime. Ensure proper mouth wash after every meal.
2. Pratimarsh nasya - This is the practise of instilling oil in the nose. This can be practised easily by an individual. Instill 4-5 drops of sesame oil daily in each nostril and inhale deeply. This has to be practiced early in the morning.
3.Make a habit of applying Rasnadi powder (An ayurvedic medicated poweder) over the vertex immediately after bath and also at bedtime. Avoid sleeping directly under the fan or other cooling sources.
4. Intake of buttermilk processed with turmeric poder, curry leaves, ginger is also useful.
5. Add ginger, garlic esentially in all meals.
6. Yogic practices like breathing exercises can support the lung capacity and cleansing practices like neti can help in developing desensitization to allergens.
7. Drinking water should be boiled with cumin seeds and always consumed as lukewarm.
8. Oil massage before bath can help a lot. Sesame oil can be used for this, for those having frequent episodes of chest congestion muatard oil will give better results. Take bath in warm water only.
I am 17 years old. My body is so weak. I tried doing exercise. But my body pains due to it. I get tired. Especially my back pains mostly. There is also problem with my diet. Even though I didn't watch tv or other things while eating, my eating speed is too slow. I tried my best to improve my body. Please tell me how should I solve this problem? How can I improve my body?
My son is 4 years old , he can not speak properly , when we ask any questions to him he repeated same questions , his teacher says his behaviour is not like others children , please consult.
Diarrhea occurs when the body is expelling germs out of it. An episode of diarrhea can last anywhere from a couple of days to a week. Dehydration, cramps, vomiting, nausea and fever often accompany diarrhea. Usually, children tend to get diarrhoea more than adults.
Diarrhea treatment according to causes behind it
- Treating diarrhea due to infection: Some common causes of diarrhea include infection from rotavirus, salmonella (a type of bacteria) and rarely giardia (a type of parasite). In children, virus is a common cause of diarrhea. Besides watery or loose stools, viral gastroenteritis infection symptoms include fever, headache, stomach ache and vomiting. Gastroenteritis diarrhoea can last for 5-14 days. During this time, fluid loss must be prevented. In younger children, oral rehydration solution (ORS) or breast milk is enough. Just feeding them water won’t replenish the potassium, sodium and other nutrients they lose. Older children, to prevent fluid loss, can be given ORS and popsicles to counter dehydration and vomiting.
- Treating diarrhea due to medications: Antibiotics or laxatives can cause diarrhea in children. If the diarrhea is mild, make sure your child is hydrated. If the antibiotics are causing diarrhoea, you need to continue medication, but do consult a doctor immediately.
- Treating diarrhea due to food poisoning: When it comes to food poisoning induced diarrhea, the same method as countering infection-induced diarrhea should be followed. Keep your child hydrated and call your doctor.
Diarrhea and children - recognising dehydration
The most serious complication of diarrhea is dehydration, especially if the diarrhea is severe. Severe dehydration is critical as it can cause brain damage, seizure, even death. Your child may need immediate medical attention, if you notice the following symptoms:
- Light-headedness and dizziness
- Sticky, dark mouth
- Dark yellow urine
- No or few tears when crying
- Dry, cool skin
- Loss of energy
When should you visit a doctor
Diarrhea resolves within a few days, but it can have serious complications. Call your doctor if you notice signs such as:
1. Looks very sick
2. Diarrhea has persisted for more than 3 days
3. Your child is less than 6 months old
4. Your child is vomiting bloody yellow or green fluid
5. Seems dehydrated
6. The fever reads above 105 degree Fahrenheit
7. Bloody stools
9. Stomach pain persists for more than 2 hours
10. Infrequent urination