Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Smile WadugulaYour feedback matters!
I am not getting periods regularly. My mensuration cycle period is irregular. What should I do get periods regularly?
married couple,when female gets pregnant can they have sex if yes till which months they can and what safety measures to be taken while having sex.
I am 30 year old. Married in 2011. My wife got pregnant 3 times but she lost conceive 1 or 2 month after concievness every time. Every time doctor clean her every. 1 month before I continuously had sex with her between d period from starting to end and even during d period also. But she could not conceived.
I'm 29, I have one and half year baby, after delivery my weight is normal but now before 7 months onwards my weight is decreasing, wat the Reason, why I'm getting less weight, nw my weight is 37.
I am 46 years old and my wife is 39 years old. We are married for 1.5 years. Can we be parents? Please advise.
Impetigo is a disorder caused by bacterial infection resulting in sores and blisters. It usually occurs more in children and less in adults. It is characterized by red sores filled with fluid, along with yellowish brown crusts. It is contagious in nature and may spread via sharing sheets, clothing and towels.
Impetigo may be classified as:
- Bullous impetigo: This type usually occurs in children below two years of age. The body, arms and the legs are the areas where the symptoms first appear.
- Impetigo contagiosa:This form of impetigo usually appears near the mouth and the nose. The rashes are not usually painful but may be itchy. After the blisters burst, they leave red rashes.
- Ecthyma: This is a form of impetigo that affects the second layer of the skin. The blisters may turn into open sores or ulcers. It may also lead to swollen lymph nodes.
The symptoms of impetigo are:
- You may have small red spots that turn to blisters
- The blisters emit fluid
- The blisters may increase in number
In addition to the above symptoms, you may experience swollen lymph nodes and skin lesions.
This disease is caused by strep or staph bacteria. The bacteria enter the body through other skin conditions such as insect bites, eczema, burns and poison ivy. It may also be triggered by irritation of the skin. The likelihood of contracting impetigo increases if you have allergies.
It may also occur if you come in contact with an affected person. Sharing personal items such as bedding, towels or comb may lead to symptoms of impetigo. If you have dermatitis, diabetes or have a weak immune system then you are prone to impetigo. The disease is treated with antibiotics. Mild symptoms of impetigo may be treated by following basic hygiene practices.
Female infertility is considered as the inability of conceiving. As per WHO it is described as the inability to be pregnant, maintain and carry forward a pregnancy to its full term. It is often of two types:
- Primary Infertility: This is the inability to give birth to a baby either due to the inability to become pregnant or maintain a pregnancy, which includes stillborn and miscarriage.
- Secondary Infertility: This refers to the inability to give birth when there is already a live birth or the woman was pregnant.
The causes of infertility can vary from being acquired or genetic. However, following factors are largely responsible for infertility:
- Genetic: Some genes can lead to mutation leading to infertility like, in case of BMP15 gene there is a hypergonadotrophic ovarian failure which causes infertility.
- Acquired: This is caused by factors like age, smoking, sexually transmitted diseases, obesity, body weight, eating disorders, diseases like diabetes, thrombophilia and also radiation and chemotherapy.
The treatment for infertility usually depends on the cause, age, duration of time for which a person has been infertile and preference of the patient. Infertility is believed to be a complex disorder and the treatment involves a huge amount of physical, financial and psychological commitments. All this also requires a lot of time. Some women might need just a minimum of two therapies to attain fertility while others might require different treatment before they can conceive.
Treatment is largely aimed to restore the fertility either by means of medication and surgery or help in reproduction with the help of some procedures.
Fertility Restoration through medication
This is the main treatment for women who are infertile because of ovulation disorders. These drugs include:
- Gonadotropins: These are injected to stimulate the ovaries. Drugs like Menopur, Repronex, Follistim AQ, Gonal-F, Bravelle restore the production of eggs, while Ovidrel and Pregnyl are used for maturing the eggs and for their release.
- Clomiphene citrate: This is taken orally and stimulates ovulation by releasing more Follicle Stimulating Hormone and Luteinizing Hormone from the pituitary gland.
- Metformin: This is used in females who have PCOS and also when insulin resistance plays a major role in infertility.
- Bromocriptine: Used when the infertility is caused due to excess prolactin production.
- Letrozole: This also induces ovulation
Fertility Restoration through surgery
Surgical procedures can amend the problem of infertility. However, these treatments are very rare these days owing to the success of other fertility treatments. These include:
- Tubal ligation reversal surgery: In case a tubal ligation has been performed it can be reversed by reconnecting the tubes again through surgery.
- Hysteroscopic surgery: This corrects or removes the abnormalities that cause infertility. This surgery can correct the shape of the uterus, remove endometrial polyps and improve chance of getting pregnant.
- Tubal surgeries: In case of blocked fallopian tubes laproscopic surgery can be performed to dilate the tubes, removed blockages or create a new opening.
Assistance in Reproduction through techniques
The most common used techniques for reproduction assistance are:
- Intrauterine insemination or IUI: In this about million healthy sperms are put in the uterus at the time of ovulation.
- Assisted reproductive technology: In this mature eggs are retrieved from a woman and this is then fertilized with sperms in a dish in the lab. Once the fertilization is done the embryo is placed in the uterus for further development. IVF is the most common and effective assisted reproductive technology. This procedure takes place over weeks with several blood tests and hormone injections.
Dealing with infertility is not easy and can be emotionally and physically draining. To cope with the various tests and treatments of infertility one should be fully prepared, eat a healthy diet, exercise reach out for help and support of family and friends and look for other options like a donor egg, adoption or no children.
Hi, Asking this question is on behalf of my friend. He recently (7 days before) had unprotected sex with his girlfriend, even then also he did not release any thing inside. And this happened after 21 days of her periods. And she has been eating papaya, pineapples and other homely items to stop it. Now they are worried of this situation and trying to take some action before anything happens. Is there any way to stop pregnancy naturally or by using pills. Please suggest. Thanks.
Vertigo is a type of dizziness where you feel like the world is spinning. Nausea and vomiting are common and you may feel unsteady. Often vertigo is eased by lying down and made worse by sitting up or moving. It's not the same as simply feeling faint, dizzy or lightheaded when getting up. Vertigo can be very disabling.
Causes of vertigo
Vertigo can have many causes. The most common is from a disturbance of the vestibular system, the part of the inner ear and brain that controls balance and maintains eye focus during movement. Special sensors in the inner ear send messages back to the brain that help you maintain balance and focus. Common causes for vestibular system problems include:
Illness or disease
Head trauma (e. G, car accidents, falls, impact sports)
Ear infections (neuritis, labyrinthitis)
Stroke and/or brain injury
How physiotherapists help
Physiotherapists specifically trained to assess and treat vestibular problems are highly skilled at treating vertigo caused by vestibular problems. Research demonstrates vestibular rehabilitation improves balance, decreases dizziness/vertigo symptoms and increases general activity levels.
Getting an accurate diagnosis is important for effective treatment. If your condition is suitable for vestibular rehabilitation, your physiotherapist may include one or all of the following:
Balance retraining exercises
Specific exercises for the vestibular system
Special repositioning maneuver for vertigo caused by the crystals in the inner ear becoming stuck
Monitor progress and continually challenge the vestibular, visual and balance systems
Home program of individualized vestibular exercises
Often improvement or complete resolution of symptoms can be achieved within 6-8 weeks.
Your physiotherapist will:
Take a careful history to determine the type of vertigo
Screen for conditions requiring medical follow-up
Assess your balance and co-ordination
Complete a full examination of your nervous system
Test your vestibular system using special eye and head movement testing
(this is IVF case) Hello Dr, there is case of twins pregnancy. 7 month is completed. Now sudden three days before we go for the routine check up and Dr. Tell that 1 fetus is dismissed. Now I want to know What can I do now! Is second baby is safe now. Plss tell asap.
I am having pain in stomach above vagina in left side since 6th august. Have pain in my legs as well Also when I laugh or sneeze, my stomach hurts I took pregnancy test from kit and it showed that I am pregnant. Whereas in ultrasound or urine test pregnancy is negative I am attaching my ultrasound picture. Kindly look and advise please.
1. Its convenient to do at home so don’t need to go out for activity. Yoga based on simple posture and breathing techniques burn 175 Kcal per hours same as Slow Walk and Power yoga burn 300 Kcal same as Brisk walk.
2. Yoga gives inner peace and reduce stress helps to reduce stress hormone and increase fat metabolism for weight loss.
3. Yoga May Make Your body more sensitive to insulin, so it can helps you achieve a normal body weight and Normal Blood Sugar level .
4. Gives truly healthy body not only just physically fit but also mentally and emotionally balanced
5. Improve digestion process which help to proper utilisation of food into the body.
6. Improve confidence, motivation and develop positivity help to follow diet plan properly.
7. Practice to include yoga in your daily routine give strong and flexible body which keep you young by your mind, energy and physic.
8. Enhance energy and Immunity help to people to finish daily task properly on time which balance work and life.
9. Increases Self-control and motivation helps people who wants to quit alcohol , Smoking etc
10. Yoga and meditation work on keeping the mind happy and peaceful make your family environment happy. It’s effective for all age group.
“KEEP YOURSELF HEALTHY WITH HEALTHY DIET AND YOGA TO MAKE HEALTHY AND DISEASE FREE INDIA”
By Dietitian Arti Jain
Hi, I am 25 years old guy, I have a relation for 3.5 years with my girl who is aged 20. This month for the first time we had a protected intercourse on 4 of nov, everything was normal as I dint ejaculate inside, and even I had sex for barely 3 min. Today date is 28th Nov, Mostly her periods come on 18th of every month, she is delaying her periods by 10 days, we both are worried, can you help can this be chance of pregnancy? Or something different ?Please your urgent help? Any pills you can suggest or any help. Thanks.
Hello doctor, it's been 2 and a half month I had my periods. Me and my hubby are trying to convince. From last 6 days getting spots brown & red. Urine test are negative. Please advice.
I missed my period since January. I start taking Vitagreat and deviry in order to make regular periods as prescribed by the doctor. But still I didn't get my periods. .wat shall I do now please suggest?
Exercise - You don't have to belong to a gym club. Thirty minutes walk every day will to prevent weight gain and encourage moderate weight loss.
Reduce fat intake - Cut down on sugar and opt for fruits and vegetables. This helps reduce cholesterol and blood pressure. Healthy food will also lead to better blood sugar control.
Reduce stress - Not everything we want we get. We have to accept that there are things that we cannot control. Managing time is also of great importance too. We must allow ourselves enough time to get things done. Set a time during the day for relaxation.
Improve sleep - Avoid caffeine, alcohol, nicotine, and other chemicals that interfere with sleep. Equip your bedroom with a comfortable mattress and pillows. Sleep in a dark clean and quiet environment.
Meditation - Meditation has been linked to a variety of health benefits. It has been linked to changes in metabolism, blood pressure, brain activation, and other bodily processes.
Positive thinking - People who think positively have an optimistic view of life that affects their health and well-being. Optimism has been shown to explain between 5–10% of the variation in the likelihood of developing some health conditions, notably including cardiovascular disease,stroke, depression, and cancer.
There are many more things you can know and boost your health. Searching for ssohm on internet will help.