Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sirish ShethYour feedback matters!
Libido or sex drive means the desire to have sex; there are a number of reasons that can lead to low libido. There are a number of methods by which you can increase your libido, some of them are:
- Exercise: Exercise is one of your major weapons against low libido; make sure to exercise on a regular basis as it helps in improving circulation in the body. Do various exercises such as squats and push-ups to improve your strength and endurance. It is known to increase production of sex hormones and endorphins in the body.
- Limit Smoking: Smoking cigarettes causes complications in the body as it is known to be a vasoconstrictor. The blood vessels tend to narrow, thus leading to damage in the arteries and veins. The veins of the penis may be damaged leading to sexual problems.
- Stress Reduction: You may adopt various techniques such as meditation and yoga to reduce stress levels in the body. Stress raises cortisol levels in the body which can hamper your sex life.
- Sleep: You need to sleep adequately and sleep sound as sleeping deficiency has been linked with erectile dysfunction. Sleep also revitalizes your body and releases beneficial hormones in the body.
- Restrict Alcohol Consumption: It is important that you restrict alcohol consumption as alcohol in excess may lead to obesity and other related disorders. It may also lead to mental health problems such as anxiety which can impair sexual drive.
- Cut Down on Coffee: Coffee is a known vasoconstrictor as it tends to narrow your blood vessels. It limits blood flow, thus may reduce your sex drive. Make sure you limit coffee intake to 1 or 2 cups of coffee to avoid the complications.
- Diet: Include plenty of vegetables and fruits in your diet to get the necessary nutrients in your diet. Vegetables such as cabbage and broccoli contain antioxidants that protect your body against free radical damage. Include oily fish such as salmon that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids because they help in improving sexual drive.
Hi, my wife is 5 week pregnant. She is having issue with bowl movement, doctor suggested Cremaffin syrup but she isn't okay to take. So my ques is, what else we can use (fruits/food) for good bowl movement? Previously she had miscarriage.
My skin is drying day by day, tried home remedies but they show result for short period of time only? What is the possible reason behind this?
Hi, I am 34 years old female 38 weeks pregnant as on date. My due date is 8th March 2016 and my first day of last menstruation period is 2nd June 2015. I'd like to understand that my pregnancy was formed only after the 2nd June 2015. Is this correct?
Due to low AMH doctor suggested fr ivf and prescribed me ovaries, trenaxa, folic acid, femilon medicine. I checked ovaries review n they are not good. What to do as I am afraid of this medicine fr the side effect?
Hi ! I'm 42 year old. 6 months back I've got menopause. But every month I'm getting period pain and sore breast without bleeding. Little bit white discharge also for 3 /4 days. Is it normal? Pl. Let me know. Thank you.
When a persistent lack of sexual desire inhibits your life, causing personal distress, you may be diagnosed with 'Loss of Libido' or 'Hypoactive sexual desire'. Low levels of sexual interest, which characterize this condition, leads to failure in responding to sexual intimacy. However, disinterest in sex does not necessarily mean you are suffering from sexual dysfunction.
If your desire to have sex is less often than your partner's, it does not necessarily render you dysfunctional, as you might be at such particular stage in life where several factors may contribute to a lack of interest in sex such as stress, work pressure, trauma etc. However, a notable difference between you and your partner, known as desire discrepancy, can cause distress.
Although cases of hypoactive sexual desire vary from one to another, certain common signs are apparent. They are:
- Having little or no interest in any kind of sexual intimacies, counting self-stimulation
- Seldom or no sexual thoughts or fantasies
- Being bothered by your own sexual inactivity
These symptoms can have several causes behind them. Sexual problems like premature ejaculation and Erectile dysfunction, medications, diseases, unhealthy lifestyle habits, and fatigue are some of the causes behind this sexual disorder. Hormonal changes during menopause or pregnancy can also be responsible; although psychological problems like stress, anxiety, poor body image and low self-esteem, or a history of physical or sexual abuse chiefly cause hypoactive sexual desire disorder in affected patients.
The treating physician and sexual therapist need to consider all above points to identify the root cause of the issue and find a comprehensive stepwise approach is a consensus with his patient after counseling the patient and doing necessary investigation.
Related Tip: 4 Easy Ways to Increase Your Libido