Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SikhaYour feedback matters!
I am 30 year old suffering from hypothyroidism (taking thyroxine 25mg /day) and my wife is 20 year old she is suffering from PCOS (taking Harmoni F. Is PCOS is curable? my wife can give birth or not. What should I do that my wife become pregnant.
I found yesterday that I am pregnant, it will me maximum 30 days over, my husband and I decided to terminate the pregnancy as we are unprepared for it, what will be the minimum cost of medicinal abortion and where can I do this?
My wife missed her periods this month means her last period was on 15/03/16. And now she is pregnant. So my? Is. Is it safe to have sex for her.
Today with the rising instances of cardiovascular diseases, people have become really conscious about their heart's health and want to opt for items that promote good health. Oil is one of the most important components in food that is almost unavoidable so it is recommended to educate yourself about the different kinds available. Mustard oil is an age old oil that is used to cook almost all types of foods in India and then there is refined oil which is processed to meet the customers' needs. It becomes difficult to choose an oil that is actually beneficial to your health.
Mustard oil is derived from mustard seeds which is a little pungent and dark yellow in color. It is widely used as cooking oil in India. It is known to contain healthy fats that do not accumulate in the blood vessels and is also a source of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and decreases the cholesterol level. Mustard oil has Glucosinolate, an antimicrobial ingredient that provides protection from infections.
Refined oils are natural oils which have been processed to remove impurities, odor, and contaminants. They are chemically treated to make the oil look clearer and cater to the customers' preference. Not many health benefits of refined oil are known apart from the fact that it is rigorously treated to meet the needs of the customers such as refined oils for heart patients. Filtered oil, on the other hand, is made by only eliminating impurities without being chemically processed which is better than refined oil.
Though generally mustard oil is regarded as healthy, researchers have found its downside too. Mustard oil has considerable amounts of erucic acid and heavy consumption may cause diarrhea or anemia. It is also known to cause skin eruptions and Rhinitis. It is recommended to consume moderate amounts of mustard oil so that you don't expose yourself to such risks.
Refined oils have much more harmful effects on your health than mustard oil. To begin with, the very fact that it is chemically treated makes it quite harmful. The process of refining involves nickel which has detrimental effects on the skin, respiratory system and liver. Preservatives and sodium hydroxide are also added during the processing which is harmful to the digestive system.
It is always better to go natural; so, mustard oil wins the debate but not without some glitches. It is advisable to choose your oil wisely and also monitor your consumption.
In vitro fertilisation, commonly known as IVF, is the process of fertilising single or multiple eggs outside the body. This treatment can be performed by either using your own egg and sperm or using donated egg or sperm or sometimes both. The resulting sperms and eggs are evaluated for quality and then one or more of them are positioned properly in the uterus through the cervix. IVF is regarded as one of the most commonly opted treatment plans, and it accounts for more than 99% of assisted reproductive technology processes.
Who are suitable for IVF?
IVF can be helpful for you in case you have some issues with the egg quality or ovulation, fallopian tubes that are blocked in some way or endometriosis. It can also help you to get pregnant if your partner has problems with mortality and sperm count and when you have opted for donor eggs. About 1.5% of babies in the United States are conceived through the IVF process.
How does IVF work?
There are several steps through which IVF process works and the timeline follows the following steps:
- Stimulation for ovary: You will have to take a special kind of fertility drug for 8 to 14 days near the start of your menstruation cycle. This drug aids in the stimulation of your ovaries for developing multiple mature eggs to fertilise instead of a single one. You may also need to take an artificial hormone-like cetrofelix and leuprolide for keeping your body from releasing eggs very early.
- Development of follicle: When you are under all these medications, you will have to visit your doctor’s office often for checking the hormone levels as well as ultrasound measurements for the ovaries.
- Getting the trigger shot: Once the follicles are ready, you are likely to receive a trigger shot, which is an injection causing the eggs for maturing fully and becoming capable of being fertilised. Your eggs are ready for being retrieved after about 36 hours of receiving this shot.
- Gathering the eggs: At this stage, you are likely to receive an aesthetic or ultrasound probe that is inserted through the vagina for checking the ovaries and identifying the follicles. Normally, about 8 to 15 eggs are retrieved through the insertion of a thin needle.
- Fertlisation: This is the most vital step, where an embryologist is going to examine the eggs before they are combined with the sperm and incubated overnight. Fertilisation happens at this particular time, but abnormal eggs are not fertilised.
Then the embryos slowly develop and are planted on the basis of your age and clinical condition. When the treatment is working, an embryo is implanted in the uterine walls and starts developing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Muje 15 may ko mc hue thi or5 june ko sex kiya to kya meri pregnancy possible haii muje july me bhi tk mc nai aye kya main pregnant hu.
There are many questions a woman may have in mind for her gynecologist, but never asked them. Here are 15 such questions along with their solutions.
- Does my vagina smell unpleasant?: You should shower it with water and gently wipe it with a wash cloth before any test. Applying perfume makes the smell even worse.
- What to do in case the feet stink?: You should wear fresh and clean socks before going for the test and getting in the stirrup, which is a metal device for convenience of gynaecological tests.
- In case of a period, should I cancel my test appointment?: A gynaecologist is not afraid nor disgusted by blood as blood is a part of the specialist's profession. If you have heavy bleeding, you can call up the nurse for suggestions.
- What if the doctor or nurse judges my body?: Your gynaecologist does not care about your body and is more concerned about your problems and how to solve them.
- What if my legs are unshaved?: Your gynaecologist really does not care about your legs or underarms or any part of your body. Your problem is the only concern for the doctor.
- What if my shaved hair looks ugly?: As stated before, the gynaecologist is only concerned about your problem and nothing else. Use a sharp razor to prevent bumps or ingrown hair.
- What is the speculum?: It is a device used by your gynaecologist for opening your vagina in order to observe the cervix or look for infections on the vaginal wall.
- Why do I urinate in my pants if I sneeze, laugh or cough?: This is a common phenomenon for women who have given birth and is easy to treat.
- Is my vaginal discharge normal?: Having a small amount of white vaginal discharge is quite normal.
- What does the gynaecologist check inside my vagina using hands?: The bimanual exam is done using the hands to detect problems in the uterus.
- What if I do not like birth control means?: There are over 50 methods of birth control and many pills you can choose from.
- Can I ask about my sexual problems?: Absolutely yes, as it is quite an important issue.
- Can my partner or family accompany me to the test?: Yes, they can, but during the time of the test, they should leave the room.
- Can I discuss my relationship problems?: Your gynaecologist should know about any issue you are having.
- If I am having forced sex, should I tell? :Such matters should be conveyed immediately.
You can ask your gynecologist any question, which bothers you, without fear.