Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SikhaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 30 years old man and married since last 2 years I am very fond of having oral sex even my wife used to give me oscassioanly but not the way in which I can get pleasure till peak point she is having problem with the secreted discharge from my shaft even I used to clean and serve her after washing it. Pls let me know how can I convince her or what to do so that she can do it daily till my orgasm.
HIV is a systemic disease which affects all parts of the body. The oral cavity also has some tell-tale symptoms which indicate HIV / AIDS. A careful examination and detailed history of symptoms is essential. In some cases, the oral manifestations could be the area where HIV is suspected. This can help in reducing morbidity and improves prognosis. The oral lesions that occur in HIV patients can vary and differ significantly in children and adults. While there are a variety of oral lesions in HIV-infected individuals, listed below are some common infections seen in HIV patients. These are a combination of fungal, viral and bacterial infections.
- Candidiasis: Candida is an opportunistic fungus that is normally present in the oral cavity and with reduced immunity of HIV, recurrent bouts of the infection begins to show up. It can be in the form of regular thrush which is whitish and cannot be scraped off (pseudomembranous candidiasis), hyperplastic candidiasis (white patches which can be scraped off) or erythematous (reddish patches). Candida can involve any part of the oral mucosa including the pharynx and the palate.
- Herpes Simplex: This is the most common viral infection seen in patients with HIV/AIDS. There could be primary or secondary infection of herpes virus, especially inside the mouth and the vermillion border of the lips.
- Herpes zoster: This virus, when already present in the body, can be reactivated with HIV/AIDS and with oral herpes. The distinction with herpes simplex is from their distribution. These are unilateral, along the distribution of the maxillary or mandibular nerve. The lesions appear both on the facial skin and the oral mucosa. While the facial ones break open and form crusts, the mucosal ones coalesce to form larger lesions.
- Hairy Leukoplakia: This is present in about 20% of asymptomatic HIV patients. Onset of hairy leukoplakia is an indication of rapid progression of HIV with increased CD4 counts. The typical lesion is a non-movable, hairy lesion along the side of the tongue and can spread to the top and the undersurface of the tongue. There are large amounts of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) identified from biopsies of hairy leukoplakia.
- Cytomegalovirus: If the ulcers have a necrotic base with a halo surrounding it, it is CMV infection, usually seen on any oral mucosal surface.
- Periodontal disease: This is one of the bacterial infections that manifests itself in HIV patients. It can take two forms such as Linear Gingival Erythema (LGE) which can subsequently lead to Necrotizing Ulcerative Periodontitis (NUP). The oral hygiene is generally good with minimal plaque and there is rapid bone loss and soft tissue reddening and swelling. The, mouth, therefore is certainly a window to one’s health.
Diagnosing HIV with Western Blot Test-
It is a series of blood screenings are performed to test for HIV. The enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA), also known as an enzyme immunoassay (EIA), is the first test that your healthcare provider will order to screen for HIV. ELISA, like the Western blot test, detects HIV antibodies in your blood. Antibodies are proteins your immune system produces in response to the presence of foreign substances, such as viruses. If you test positive for HIV on the ELISA test, your provider will order the Western blot test to confirm HIV infection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
The word surgery has always been associated with the use of scalpel. However, a new form of surgery called laser surgery has developed, which instead of using the orthodox method uses laser to cure the infirmity. In this form of surgery, laser tuned to specific wavelengths, is emitted on the concerned area with the purpose of vaporizing the tissues that have high water content for the purpose of rectification. It is commonly used in:
- Dermatology and plastic surgery
- Eye Surgery
- Endovascular surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Oral and Dental Surgery
Though the technique involves risks, it has over the years gained immense popularity due to multiple reasons. Few among them are:
- Provides immediate results: This is one of the main reasons why laser surgery is preferred to conventional methods. Commonly used in the eye, laser surgeries result in significant improvement in vision, allowing the concerned person to do away with the dependence on spectacles.
- Precision involved: Using the laser instead of the scalpel allows the method to be more precise and effective than the traditional method. Minimum damage is done to the tissue as there are smaller cuts involved.
- Less time: Due to the technique used, the time involved in laser surgeries is reasonably less, providing more time for recuperation than what is generally allowed in the traditional methods.
- Provides more career options and opportunities: Laser surgery, owing to its technique, offers corrective measures which the traditional method does not. This aspect of the surgery allows the patients to consider and explore other professions which were previously not possible. Professions like air force and the army have stringent rules regarding vision of the candidates. Laser surgery which provides an individual the freedom to operate without glasses and contact lenses also allows him or her to consider such professions.
Related Tip: "How Safe is Laser Surgery for Facial Hair Removal??"
Not getting any pms symptoms like cramps etc and my period is due tomorrow. Is there any chance I am pregnant or period can come without warning?
Am 27 yr working, married woman and diabetic for 3yr. Am on obimet sr 1gm before lunch and dinner. I have recently conceived. And doctor has started insulin. My last date of period was 11.06. 2015. According to TVS pregnancy the baby is 6weeks 4days old, bt, according to period calculation it should be 8weeks 2days. The doctor says it's a 12day lag. What does it mean? does it mean any abnormality? is the baby normal? please tell me.
Loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
Following are the causes of less libido in females:
1. Hormonal Disorders:
- Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
- After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
- With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
2. Lifestyle Disorders:
- In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
- In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
- Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
3. Medical Disorders:
- There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
- Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
4. Psychological factors:
- Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
- After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
17today after iui I got light spotting for 2 days then I taken beta hcg its showing hcg level is <0.1 but I do not know whether I am pregnant or not.
Previous month I had a miscarriage due to cervical incompetence. Now my husband is having diabetes. Is it possible to get pregnant next time and how much time will it take for me to conceive and if I get pregnant is there any risk to me and my baby.
Me apni gf ke sath sex kiya hu or me excited me hormone bahar nhe nikal paya or me 24 hours ke between usko unwanted 72 ka tablet diya or 2 din v ho gaya bt usko avi tak blooding nhe hua or uska period ka date 5 tarik ko tha or me uske sath 14 tarik ko sex kiya tha or 15 ko tablet diya hu.
Im 28 years old lady, married. Right now I dnt want to take issue so I take femilon. Is it harmful? In future if I take issue should I suffer for this pill?
Pippali churna (piper longum)
Used in chronic fever, anaemia, spleenomegaly, rheumatism, sciatica, rasayana, gout, paralysis.
Dose 1-3 gm with honey and gur 1: 2 ratio