Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Doctor, please tell me the name of regular contraceptive pill. We are doing intercourse regularly without condom. We don't want to use condom & ipill, unwanted-72 etc items.
Fibroid tumour is the abnormal cell growth in the uterus and they are mostly benign. Fibroids usually affect women in the age bracket of 30 - 40. Fibroid tumours are of three types, depending on their location:
- Submucosal fibroids: The tumour develops under the lining of the uterus
- Intramural fibroids: The growth is found amongst the muscles in the wall of the uterus
- Subserosal fibroids: The growth develops on the wall of the uterus right in the pelvic cavity
Causes behind it
The exact cause of fibroids in not known clearly. But certain factors have been discovered that might influence their formation. These factors include:
- Hormones: Progesterone and estrogen are the hormones responsible for recreating the uterine lining during every menstrual cycle. These hormones might trigger the formation of tumour.
- Family history: If any member in your family; your mother, grandmother or sister has/had fibroids in their uterus, you may also develop it.
- Pregnancy: Your body produces excessive progesterone and estrogen when you are pregnant, which may cause an increase in the size of a pre-existing small fibroid. Myomectomy can be done by giving incision on the abdomen or by laparoscopy depending on the size and location of the fibroids.
Signs You are suffering from it
- Heavy bleeding along with blood clots during or between your periods
- Lower back or pelvic pain
- Elevated menstrual cramping
- Frequent urination
- Pain during sex
- Longer than normal periods
- Bloating or pressure in lower abdomen
- Enlargement or swelling of the abdomen
How it can be treated?
Your doctor will formulate the right treatment depending on your age, the mass of the fibroids and your overall health. Your doctor may choose a combination of treatment to cure your fibroids, and they include:
- Medication: Gonadotropin releasing hormones (GnRH) agonists, birth control pills and ibuprofen (anti-inflammatory medicine) are prescribed. GnRH agonists reduce the level of progesterone and estrogen in your uterus.
- Surgery: Myomectomy and hysterectomy are two common surgical procedures to treat fibroids. Myomectomy is performed by removing the fibroids only by making an incision on the abdomen. But hysterectomy completely removes the uterus. The latter is reserved for serious cases.
- Non-invasive surgery: Forced ultrasound surgery, myolysis (shrinking fibroids with laser or electric current), cryomyolysis (fibroids are frozen) and endometrial ablation (an instrument uses heat, hot water, microwaves or electric current to destroy fibroids) are some non-invasive surgical procedures. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi , I'm 22 week pregnant woman at 21 st week I did my Sonography which results that I have low lying placenta having cervix length 2.9 cm. Doctor suggested me to take stitches immediately even they started weekly progesterone injection. So I am tensed really I go through cerlage or not. Kindly help me by giving suggestion.
I hav completed my 9th mnth of pregnancy need to knw that is dere any change in the movements of the baby. Is it fast or is it normal or slow or smtym fast or slow.
I am 37 years old. I came to know recently that I have a subserosa uterine fibroid measuring 6*8*6.8 cm (vol: 170 cc). Is there anything I can do to reduce size without going surgery.
Gudmrng doc. This is Sameera as I'm 20 years old, I'm not getting my periods regularly, I have done my thyroid test also but its negative can you tell me what the problem is. Thank you.
Hello, My girlfriend's period got over on 5 July and we had sex on 11 July. She's just 18 and we can't tell this to our parents they'll kill us and she also can't go to any gynecologist Please suggest me how to avoid pregnancy or which medicine to take to avoid pregnancy. Thanking you in advance.
After 10 days my marriage so how to I protection at night for sex? Condom is not possible for me because of place any other protection without side effect?
Hi My wife is pregnant for 13weeks, and she has severe headache what medicine to be taken, we for got to ask Dr. from last appointment.
My wife had 1 time miscarriage done on march now we dont want baby for 3-4 months. Kindly please suggest pills for the same.
I had sex with my boyfriend before 2 days. After that I am feeling tired and stomach pain is starting not so severe but there is a pain which is not continuous hate to eat. Is this says am pregnant ?
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
we are planing for a baby I want to know which is the best day to involve in sex after the periods of my wife today morning,please suggest
We all heard some where that fiber is good for health and one should eat food which is rich in fiber. But how fiber help us to live healthy?
1 fibers form bulk of stool so it help in regulation of bowl movement. So help in constipation.
2 it gives us satiety value. Means high fiber food is not easy to digest, by eating small amout your hunger get satisfied and you will not become immediately hungry. So overall you eat less. Which help to maintain your body weight
3 it is also help in absorption of nutrients
4 it reduces post prandial plasma glusose and increase tissue insulin sensitivity. Which is very helpful in diabetes.
Food rich in fibers are
Whole wheat product, bajara, ragi, maize, green leafy vegetables, fruits with skin, seed
Also oats, whole pulses, isabgol, whole grain are rich source of fiber.