Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Siddarth KamatYour feedback matters!
Hello, my 5 month old baby suffered from uti with enterococcus bacteria. Was on iv antibiotics for 7 days. Followed by oral antibiotics. Later cephlaexin syrup 3 ml daily dose till date. Doc has asked for mcu scan. Before that we performed urine routine & culture. Urine pus cell was occasional. Bacteria nil. But culture report said significant growth of some other named bacteria. We waited 1 week to retest. 3 days back baby had fever so we ran to the doc to get him checked. Doc said its viral fever and cannot be uti again since he is on cephlexin daily dose. Still for our safety we had urine routine & culture done again. The urine routine says pus cell 3 -5. Bacteria nil. Culture report is yet to come but the prelimnary report said heavy growth of gram negative bacilli. Doc said it could be because of contamination. My question is. Why all the time different bacteria shows in the culture. Does he have uti. What could be the exact reason.
Hello everyone. I’m Dr Kriti Mathur, homoeopathic physician, practising in Gurgaon. I also provide psychological and nutritional counselling. Today I’ll be talking about behavioural disorders in children.
There are some children who are very active, they are hyperactive, and they just cannot sit idle in a place. They cannot sit in a place, they constantly start playing with their hands and constantly move their hands, or they start playing with whatever they can lay their hands upon. These children are inattentive, they just don’t pay attention in class, they’re physically present there, but their mind is elsewhere. They are unable to complete their tasks because they haven’t been paying attention to the instructions they had been given, they are disorganized and start losing their stuff. These children are also impulsive, they’ll unnecessarily disturb the class by asking irrelevant questions or they’ll ask very personal questions to their teachers, they’ll talk unnecessarily, disturbing or intercepting between other people’s conversations. So you might be getting a call from the school counsellor pointing out the symptoms.
So as a parent, we need to understand that this is not because of bad parenting or because your child is disobedient, but this is a medical condition which is called Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. As a parent, what we can do to help our child is:
- First to make a schedule for the child, give the instructions to the child in a very clear, concise language, simple language which the child can understand. Every time the child follows those instructions or completes his tasks, please appreciate him and in case he is unable to complete the task or he is unable to follow those instructions, repeat them, but do not scold them, it is not going to solve any problem.
- Secondly, you have to involve them in a number of tasks like sports, yoga, a place where they can use the extra energy that they have.
- About the diet, do not give sugar items, no chocolates, toffees, candies because that will give them a sugar high and they will find it difficult to consume that energy. It is better to give a diet that is rich in complex carbohydrates and proteins so that the energy is slowly utilized.
Regarding the treatment, homoeopathic treatment is very effective, we provide constitutional treatment for these children. So if you have a child who has any of these symptoms, please feel free to consult me via Lybrate or you can consult me in my clinic at Sushant Lok, Phase 1 or Anahat at DLF Phase 3.
My son age 5 yrs, Weight 14 kg, he have cough & cold every months, please suggest some homeopathy medicine. Thanks.
Dear sir, my baby is three months old but I still get extreme pain during breast feeding her, can you please help me with some suggestions or name some medicine that reduces the pain.
1. Limit your child's consumption of sugar sweetened beverages
2. Encourage the consumption of fruits and vegetables
3. Eat meals together as a family as often as possible
4. Limit eating out especially at fast food restaurants
5. Adjust portion sizes appropriately as per their age
6. Limit TV and computer time to less than two hours.
Hello Sir, My name is rinkal and I am a breastfeeding mother of 1.3 years baby. I am suffering from headache since December 2015. And I am having a problem of depression after my father's death I July 2015. I became angry and nervous which cause my hands and lips shiver. Due to this I became week also. I have loose too much weight and forgotten to smile, and to talk to others.
Dear mam/sir my son is 9 months old. I am feeding him morning rice with dall evening milk bikes biscuits and night cerelac. Now I want to change night schedule shall I feed him night also food. I mean morning and night food and noon cerelac. Does it will be digested for him.
My 3 months old boy has feedings from her mother, it is not sufficient to her, sometimes he is feeling hungry. So which food we give to him. Please suggests.
The festival of Diwali is greeted with great pomp and splendour and along with the regular festivities, the pollution levels in the air also rise due to the ritual of bursting fire crackers. In an analysis, the rise of harmful pollutants such as sulphur dioxide and nitrogen dioxide seemed to reveal a disturbing outcome.
The rise in pollution during Diwali affects you in the following ways:
- The PM (particulate matter which is smaller than 2.5mm) enters your lungs (learn more about lung cancer) and bloodstream and has several health impacts including chronic respiratory symptoms such as painful breathing and shortness of breath which might cause premature death.
- High sulphur dioxide levels in the air during Diwali also lead to inflammation of air passages and causes complications in respiration.
- A compound called ‘strontium’ found in the atmosphere multiplies by 120 times during the festival and causes bone damage and blood clotting ailments.
- Firecrackers contain heavy metals which are toxic to the human body and the amount of magnesium in the air goes up by 22x, which poses a significant threat to all forms of life.
- The noise pollution also rises during the festival and in extreme cases, can permanently damage one’s hearing.
However, there are a few measures you can undertake to steer clear of the excessive pollutants present in the air:
- Limit the amount of time you spend outdoors even while exercising. This is because the air remains contaminated, days after all the festivities get over and the pollutants take a very long time to dissipate.
- Even on the road, drive with the windows of your car rolled up to avoid intake of adulterated air and use a face mask if you are a two-wheeler rider.
- Plant a lot of green plants inside your house as they purify the air you are breathing and ensure a supply of fresh oxygen.
- Install an air purifier in the room to make sure you breathe in fresh, uncontaminated oxygen when you sleep. The air purifier will also help in lessening your respiratory complications.
Also, in case you notice any respiratory or breathing problem, it is advisable that you consult a pulmonologist, to rule out serious health issues.
I am unable to feed my child due to less formation of milk. Can you guide me how milk. Production can increase.
She is just 1 and half month old please, advice me what are care should be taken to keep her healthy. And the vaccination details.
My 1year son doesn't eat anything and he is very thin what shall I do to make him eat food besides milk thamks
Hi, my 2.6 years old girl has weight 8.3 kg only since one years last we have given therapy for t. B after Dr. Advice then otc drug albendazole I syrup one time dose have given for worms since I am pharmacist. Please guide.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
My child was new born baby she is three months, for me milk level is low so please give me some tips to increase my feeding.
Hello sir My son is 16 months old and still he has not started walking him self He walk with sports of fingers or any My delivery was normal n baby also health 3.9 K.G Pls tell me what to do His dr tv vitamin n vitamin D iron But still no use I am worried Pls help me
It can cause irreversible hearing loss.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.