Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Swelling in feet during pregnancy
Management of Pregnancy
Management of Pregnancy Query
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shyam DesaiYour feedback matters!
My wife is not able to bear pain while sex. She is stopping me all the time, every time. Actually we both are virgins and new to this. Please suggest me medicines to avoid her pain.
I am 11 weeks pregnant now. My history was; hyperptolatemia, pcod and one time miscarry. Now my scan report is normal. HR also normal. Now am getting leg pain, sometimes getting abdominal pain and since three days am getting headache also. Why am getting headache? Is there any problem with me?
Dear Sir, Still I Do not have Kids My ovaries is very Sumll, my Semen's count is NIL I am 38 year old Kindly Help me please , Doctor said help less.
I am 45 year old women and I not interest in sex my husband forced to me I am did not interest he will fully angry with me lost one year above this problem faced to me what I will do?
I am 23 years old my period are missing from last 10 days. I have check pragnancy test but it shows negative. But my periods are still missing. What I do. Am I pragnant?
My Age: 48 yrs and having continuous menstrual bleeding for past 10 days. Happens with me for past few months. But this is leading to too much 0f fatigue and I am already anemic. I have been advised for removal of uterus but I wanted a second opinion. Is there any way in which this can be controlled or reduced?
I am 21 year old but still I have not get regular menstrual cycle in each month it comes early many times what should I do to get the menstrual cycle on perfect date?
Hello.. I am 27 years old and I am going to get married on 9th of august. My girls age is 22. We have talked to each other and decided not to get the baby now itself and planned to get after 2 years, because she wanted to work for 3 years. So please help me and suggest me a good family planning method for 2 years. Suggest me the best of best among all.. Thank you
So, couples can avoid pregnancy and enjoy sex life fully, only if they can follow safe and effective contraceptive advice. Let me clarify some popular myths and misconceptions abut contraception.
1. one contraception is useful for all
While the ideal contraceptive is necessary but it does not exist. So, what may seem suitable for a couple may not be useful for another couple. We need to assess various points like number of children they have, wish to have further children and plan to have children, general health of wife and husband (and any diseases they suffer from), frequency of intercourse, chance of infection, age of the partners etc.
2. Regarding barrier methods
Most popular barrier method is male condom. But the myths are that" condoms reduce sexual pleasure" and" condoms get easily damaged leading to failure.
Condoms are specially useful for those who are at risk of infections, who do not have very frequent intercourse and who are not suitable for other methods. Condoms do not decrease sexual pleasure, some of the condoms have medicated products which can increase the duration of intercourse and also act as lubricant to facilitate intimacy.
But men should know how to use it properly. It should be worn in erect penis expelling all the air and projecting the tip beyond the tip of penis. While withdrawing penis after intercourse, the condom should be held at the base of the penis. Actually failure/ rupture of condoms occur because of mishandling of condom or not knowing proper use of it. So, before use, please make sure that you know its correct use.
Definitely some men can feel latex allergy and they have to use non-latex condom, which are widely available.
There are barrier methods for females also- like female condom, diaphragm and cervical cap etc. But they are not very ease to use and are not so popular.
3. Oral contraceptive pills (ocp)
Myths-" ocp causes increase in weight" ocp causes cancers.
Facts- ocp seldom causes gain in weight. The gain in weight is coincidental, that means you have some other reason of gaining weight- like not having exercise, ignoring diet control and some other diseases.
Ocp rather reduces risk of cancer- especially ovarian cancer (which is very difficult to diagnose and very lethal), cancer of colon, cancer of endometrium (inner lining of uterus). Of course, there is little risk of breast cancer, but the risk is not very high, it can be easily detected by examination by doctor. So, if you take ocp, get rid of all the fears. Just try to have self- breast examination every month.
4. Intrauterine contraceptive devices (iucd)-
Most popular is copper t. Medicated iucds are also available, that contains hormonal drugs.
Copper t does not increase risk of infection, a common misconception lies among woman.
5. Emergency contraceptive pills (i pill etc).
Often couple uses these pills regularly after intercourse. Remember these pills contain very high content of hormonal drugs, which can lead to serious side effects like hormonal imbalance, irregularities in periods (and thus can prevent you from getting pregnant in future, even when you want pregnancy), ectopic pregnancy (pregnancy outside tubes that are life-threatening) etc. So, use regular contraception if you want to prevent pregnancy. I pill is not meant to be taken for every time of sex.
Ligation of male (vasectomy) and female (tubectomy) is done as permanent contraception for couples having more than 2 children. Ligation in male does not disturb sexual activity. It is easier than female ligation. Again, female ligation is also a very safe technique.
So, please remove all misconceptions and myths about contraception. Have safe sex, enjoy life.
Hello sir or mam, I am in the starting of 9th month pregnancy from 1st dec. I had gone for routine check up on 30. And doctor that fetal heart beat getting low as90 pm and sometimes it's normal then I took an ultrasound that was normal. Till 30 nov. Afternoon I was feeling proper movement of baby in my Womb. But from 1st December movements have been reduced so I am worried about it. Can you pls tell me the solution of my worries.
If a girl cross 40 days still not getting the date It should be pregnant or what may be the reasons?
Please suggest me any medicine to postponed my periods which will be safe and after which I may continue in my regular periods. Please help.
Hi I have itching in my vagina, and it staying continuously, its not happened sometime, And not only itching I have bad smell white solid material and small rash as well. I consult with the doctor also bt no profit at all. Please suggest me medicine or something which can be helpful for me.
Man is different from the other species in that we are social beings. One of the main differentiators is our constant need to 'connect' with our fellow beings. Be it family or friends or society at large, we constantly need to be connected to our near and dear ones and want attention, affection, and assurance.
We need to respect this basic desire and appreciate that there is nothing wrong in feeling needed. Problems arise when this feeling to be needed gets excessive. There is a significant constant demand from the needy person, especially from those who are close to them.
Some cases where neediness is demonstrated are in new relationships. In the beginning, there is a great urge to please and therefore a greater focus on interacting with them. There is a fear of losing attention, there is insatiable excessive demand for attention - be it pleas, accusations, or demands - so as to not feel abandoned and deserted. Neediness is also quite evident in people with depression. Again, an attempt to not be abandoned by their near and dear ones.
By making a conscious effort, the neediness can be reduced, thereby making the relationships smoother and less painful to both the parties involved. As the saying goes - 'acknowledging the problem is half the problem solved'. Needy people should realize or accept if told that there is an issue and make a conscious effort to work on reducing neediness.
1. Divert attention - As simple as it might sound, it is equally effective. Indulge in whatever interests you - exercise, meditation, dance, sing, etc. The idea is to divert attention so that the urge to feel needy and act on that instinct is reduced. This reduces the fear of being lonely and works magic. The busier you get, the less bored you are. As they say, be alone but not lonely.
2. Clarity in communication - One of the intricacies of neediness is making unclear demands. Sadly, quite often, the person does not know what he wants, and so are the demands or requests which are equally unclear. Once you are aware that your neediness is making you do this, make an effort to clearly communicate what you actually want. This reduces the stress on both the parties involved and leads to a happier engagement.
3. Clarity in relationships - Take a step back and see if your neediness is affecting any major relationships. If yes, revisit and clarify. Make an attempt and reestablish the relationships. If it is your truly near and dear ones, they will be very forthcoming and understanding.
4. Move on - In cases where your neediness has affected another person, be wise to accept their wishes and not be more 'needy' or clingy. This acceptance will make way for a lot of healthier relationships as you learn to deal with accepting your issues.
5. Socialize - Use your hobbies to make more friends and socialize more. Having more people to interact with reduces your need to be accepted by the same people. You have more people to rely on and might make more friends for keeps.
These are some simple ways to reduce neediness on others, but as mentioned, the first step is to accept and then work on ways to reduce it.
I am 21 years old. I had sex. On the fifth day of my period with out any protection and still my next period date has not come I am feared about pregnancy. I want to consult some one about it.
Hi doctor Since my last period, I have started excessive bleeding. My GP prescribed DALCAL500 & FREEDAL. I am taking this tablets for 15 days, but bleeding has not stopped. I have also done USG of abdomen pelvic. It's clear. Pls suggest me medicines. Thanking you Ashwini ashish brid.
Does vagina becomes tight when do not do sex for 1. Year but before this I do sex once in a month for 1 year.
How to make your home mosquito free
With zika virus threat looming large in India, dengue, chikungunya, malaria and other deadly diseases aren't cases on the rise throughout the country, there has been an alarming rise is the use of market bought mosquito repellents. While they are no doubt, very effective, but they also emit gases which can be harmful to us. There exist in our homes, commodities with which we can achieve the same results - to have a mosquito-free home. Few such ways are as follows:
1. Though it might smell bad initially, it is also the reason why mosquitoes will stay away. Crush a few pods of garlic, boil it in water and spray the liquid in the room, especially in the corners.
2. Camphor is easily available and good way to get rid of mosquitoes. Light a little bit of camphor in a room after closing all doors and windows. Leave the room for about twenty minutes and when you go back, your room will be mosquito free.
3. Infuse citronella oil in a candle and burn the candle to have a mosquito free room. Alternatively, you can use the oil in a vaporizer.
4. If you have a garden, plant mosquito repellent plants like lavender, catnip and citronella in the areas near the windows of your house to drive the mosquitoes away.
5. Get rid of all stored water within and around your house. These waters are breeding grounds for mosquitoes. If you need to store water for the unexpected shortage of water, make sure that you keep changing it.
Sharing is caring. Share this helpful tip with your loved ones by clicking on Share below.
While pregnancy is a wonderful experience for most women, it also brings its fair share of troubles. Nourishing and developing another life inside your body could sometimes be a challenging experience. A lot of health issues can also arise due to it, such as back pain, feeling of fatigue, exhaustion and unbearable cramps.
However, these can be easily controlled or reduced to ensure that pregnancy is a joyful experience if you take proper care of your body. Ayurvedic remedies to make your pregnancy a joyful experience:
- Food cravings should be favored: It is important to eat what you desire. During pregnancy, follow a well balanced diet containing a lot of proteins, starch and vegetables. After the fourth month, you should satisfy all your cravings which are more likely coming from the merging nutritional requirements of the developing baby.
- Balance energy: During pregnancy, it is important to keep a balanced nervous system. This should be done by consuming a diet of plant-based, processed foods along with whole and sprouted grains. Start eating freshly cooked food with olive and coconut oil. Avoid consuming leftover food.
- Avoid certain foods: Try to prevent consuming spicy hot foods, uncooked leafy vegetables and undercooked lentils and beans. These food products can cause gas. Avoid preservatives, chemical additives and artificial flavors as they can cause severe stomach aches.
- Right form of milk: Drink warm non-homogenized milk with ghee. Mix the ghee with one cup of milk everyday to boost the baby’s immunity.
- Ayurvedic oils: Pregnancy can also cause pain in the abdomen area. This can be reduced by massaging your belly with Ayurvedic oil. This calms down your nerves and also helps you relax. Sesame oil and lavender oil are two good choices for this.
- Avoiding morning sickness: Sometimes morning sickness can occur from the sixth week of your pregnancy. Roast and grind cardamom seeds and eat a pinch of it each day. Sip ginger or fennel seed tea to reduce morning sickness.
- Exercise: Pregnancy can make you tired and feel exhausted easily. Practice yoga or go for a walk daily to feel energetic. This is also good for the development of the fetus. Meditation will also help reduce any form of stress and help you deal with the physical and psychological issues of pregnancy.