Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Pregnancy
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Shyam DesaiYour feedback matters!
Private parts not only make or break intimacy but also also affect your overall health. Men and women - both need to keep them clean. Here are 5 things that you need to religiously follow.
1) Wash them everyday - In case you are not washing your private parts every day, let me share with you that it is a must-do! Your private parts are moist and house many bacteria. You can use soap to wash but an unscented or mild one. Wash them with lukewarm and clean water.
2) Clean them up before and after sex - Cleaning your private parts before and after sex is of great importance. Before sex because of etiquette. And, after sex for a healthy sexual life ahead! The body fluids or semen which gather on and near your reproductive organs, if not washed can harbour the growth of bad bacteria and set a stage for infections.
3) Groom them well - Untrimmed hair around the private parts is highly unhygienic. It can lead to too much of itching, increasing the chances of infection.
4) Wear fresh undergarments everyday - Unwashed shirts can do but unwashed boxer or briefs is a big no-no. You need to keep your underwears clean & dry. Wear a fresh and clean undergarment every day. Changing your briefs after masturbation, sex, work-outs in gym is also highly recommended.
5) Don't delay visit to a doctor - If you are experiencing any sort of irritation, itching, redness, odour, swelling or other form of discomfort please do not delay in consulting a doctor. It can be a sign of a serious health problem or a severe infection.
1 week back my 1 month pregnancy was conformed. With my husband help I used Mifepristone nd misoprostol. After 3 days its completely discharged. Now my problem is. I am getting stomach pain and started bleeding daily after 1 week. So please suggest me some medicine. I am unable to consult doctor in my working schedule. My periods dates are 1st or 2nd monthly.
Hello, My cousin is suffering from vaginal discharge and because of that she's loosing her weight too. Could you please tell some solutions for this.
My wife 2 time ot tube pregnancy same tube left and right tube block but we operate 3cm cut tube and new way open pls help what we do ?
I am 21 years old and suffer from PCOD since the past 5 years. Recently my cycles stopped for 6 months .i was put on pills which I took for almost a year. Then I stopped taking it ,after that I had periods normally without pills for 2 months. Now again it is irregular. What should I take to have regular periods? I have no serious weight gain issue but have acne (hormonal)
I have pcos. But without any medication I recover from it by weight loss diet. I have no symptom of it even when it was detected not even now. My hormonal levels are normal. Periods are normal. My que is is still there are chances of infertility or to worry about?
My normal periods date is 15th of every month. I got my periods on 15th of August. I had unprotected sex on 20th August midnight. He ejaculated inside so I took ipill on 22nd August late in evening. After that I had a breakthrough bleeding from 29th August to 4th September which can be effect of ipill. This time I didn't get my periods on 15th September. I took a self pregnancy test on 23rd September. The result is negative. But I am worried about why I am not getting normal periods. Is my menstrual cycle got changed because of consumption of ipill? Should I take a pregnancy test again after a week or so?
I have irregular periods (pcos) I am getting treatment for it past 1 year even though I am not getting regular periods and I also want to get pregnant. What should I do?
Hello doctor, I am 46 yr old female. First of all let me thank you for always solving my health issues, now I have problem of heavy bleeding during periods. And also clotting. I have observed itchy and burning around my vagina. I am divorcee and did not had sex since more than one year. But I experienced burning n dryness during sexual intercourse i. E one year ago. So I lost interest in it.
I am 24 years old. Before 2 years I got marriage after sex my wife complain burn inside pussy. So why it happened there is some problem its happen last 2 week. please give some suggestions.
Way does a Girl gets two time period in a month, please suggest me properly because I am suffer in this kind of situation.
Breathe in and breathe out, is an involuntary continuous action through which the human body receives the oxygen it requires for proper functiong. Without oxygen, our entire circulatory system would collapse. However, with the amount of pollutants present in the air today, the air we breathe is not as pure as it should be. Instead of breathing in oxygen, we’re breathing in harmful gases like carbon monoxide and sulphur dioxide along with particulate matter. Prolonged exposure to pollutants like this can seriously endanger our health and well-being. Air pollution spreads easily and the only way to protect oneself from it is by creating a barrier that filters the air we breathe in.
And, for this reason it is advisable that one should wear a respirator or mask. When wearing a mask or respirator the most important part is to ensure that it seals your nose and mouth effectively. Otherwise, pollutants can enter through the gaps and contaminate the filtered air. But how should one decide, which type of mask is suitable for them and for that we need to understand what all masks are available.
Respiratory masks can be grouped into three categories:
- Simple flat masks as worn by doctors while operating
- Highly beneficial where there is heavy particulate matter density in the air as they are effectve at filtering out particulate matter
- Does not offer protection against harmful chemicals
- It is a good idea to wear these masks while travelling through dusty zones or when caught in a storm
- Offer protection only for a limited time
- Cannot bot be reused
- Cost around few hundred rupees
- Respirators have similar structure as that of surgical masks
- They fit the face better that surgical mask
- Have filters installed and protection against particulate matter and against certain gases and chemicals
- For better protection, they should be washed regularly against harmful fumes and particulate matter encountered
- Should be used while travelling through heavy traffic zones and while working in construction zones
- Ideal way to to protect yourself
- Cost around few hundred to thousand rupees, based on thier quality and brand
- Gas masks are often worn in chemical laboratories
- Special replaceable filters offer full protection against, both particulate matter and harmful chemicals
- Basic mask costs around 1000 rupees and higher based on quality and brand
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.