Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Pregnancy
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Shyam DesaiYour feedback matters!
Recently I hd sex with my girlfriend without using condom but I am sure that I did not ejaculated while having sex. So are there any chances of that she can get pregnant?
I am 12 years old. From three months back I started periods (mensuration) few time back. I have very less periods only for one day. But now for few days, I am having a large amount of white discharge coming out fro my vaginal part. So I ask you to recommend me a solution to this problem and what should I do &to whom consult. Thanks.
Hi, my uterus size is slightly smaller than normal. Is it big problem? Is pregnancy is happening or is any treatment for increasing size of uterus kindly advise. Please tell me pregnancy is happen in this case normal?
I am 6 weeks pregnant Yesterday I had vaginal bleeding. Is it normal or should I be more careful. Can you please recommend me precaution I should be taking? And I am having cold all the time that cause my to block and I sneeze a lot. Doctor prescribed me medicine for my cold "Yale Lazine"
My girlfriend asking me to have sex in her periods. And I am afraid to this. Can I have her during her periods?
I am 25 female married before one year got abortion 4 times. Each 40-45 days. Dr. advice Torch infection. I am having Torch IGg rubella and herpes simplex and my husband having IGg rubella and cytomegalovirus in both blood test as positive . Why repeated abortion. He blamed me like he got infection from me. Pls tell wil this infection get cure. How I got infection. Doctor advice me zovirax and doxycycline for 60 days. After two months will I get negative results in Torch. Doctor advice same tablets for him but he refused to take. Now he left me in mom home. Pls guide me for cure my infection.
I masturbated and washed my hands with water and then after 10 minutes, I fingered my girl friends vagina. Is there any chance of getting her pregnant?
After pregnancy how much time to start periods again,and in this case any possibility to get pregnant again by having sex with partner ?
Bananas are among the most convenient food sources of #potassium. This mineral is essential for maintaining proper heart function and regulating normal blood pressure.
Numerous studies have shown the effectiveness of potassium-rich foods like bananas in lowering high blood pressure.
So much so that us food and drug administration (FDA) allows the #banana industry to make official claims (much like they would a pharmaceutical drug) of their ability to reduce the risk of high blood pressure and stroke.
Even with the proliferation of brightly colored 'sports' drinks, 'energy' bars and 'electrolyte' gels (these are loaded with unhealthy chemicals and coloring by the way) you often see athletes eating bananas just before and even during sports.
Bananas are a great source of dietary fiber that most of us don't get nearly enough of. Fiber helps the food you eat move smoothly through the digestive tract and improves elimination.
A couple of bananas may be a healthier choice than laxatives to treat occasional constipation.
High in vitamin b6
Bananas are particularly high in vitamin b6. This vitamin is important for creating hemoglobin for healthy blood.
B6 is also involved in maintaining proper blood sugar levels, synthesizing and breaking down amino acids and producing antibodies for a stronger immune response in your body.
Vitamins and minerals
Alongside the high levels of potassium and #vitamin b6 already mentioned, bananas also have good levels of vitamin c, magnesium, and manganese.
They are also a source of most of the other b vitamins and smaller amounts of trace minerals like iodine, iron, selenium and zinc.
I got yeast infection n doctor prescribed me candy cl tablet is this harmful for conceiving. and can I have sex during using this tablet.
I have been feeling itching sensation near vaginal opening. It's not continues it only persists for few mins. I may feel it once in 2 or 3 days. I have consulted gynac. She said it's light infection and prescribed nuforce tablets and candid V gel. I have not got complete relief after that. Still sometimes I experience itching. No odour. No discharge.
When you think of healthy food, cornflakes and oatmeal are probably the first things that come to mind. For most people, eating healthy translates into eating boring, bland food. So, if you're on a diet, here's some good news for you. Healthy food does not have to be bland or expensive.
Here are 6 indigenous Indian healthy foods that are ideal for you:
- Idli: This south Indian steamed dish is free from oil and fats and is rich in carbohydrates and proteins. Having a low fat content makes idlis very easy to digest. Idlis are prepared using a combination of rice and dal. Their amino acids complement each other and the fermentation process enhances the vitamin B and protein levels in the dish.
- Sattu: Sattu is a staple dish in Bihar that is made primarily from roasted gram flour along with barley and wheat flour. Sattu is rich in fiber, has cooling properties and has a low glycaemic index. Roasting the flour also helps retain all the nutrients in the flour. Sattu can be made in a number of ways including paranthas and ladoos.
- Dhokla: Dhoklas are steamed Gujarati snacks made using gram flour. As with idlis, the flour is allowed to ferment before steaming. This helps enhance its nutrient value. Dhoklas also have a very low glycaemic index and is easy to digest.
- Bajra: Bajra is a very humble grain that is commonly eaten in Rajasthan. Bajra is a rich source of energy and aids digestion. It has an anti diabetic effect and is also said to promote a healthy heart. The lignin in grains is also said to have cancer protecting properties. Bajra is a winter food that is usually made into rotis or khichadi.
- Daliya: Daliya is also known as broken wheat. Daliya recipes can be sweet and savoury. Daliya is a complex carbohydrate that is slow to digest and hence releases energy at a slow, sustained rate. This makes it an ideal food for people suffering from high cholesterol or diabetes. The high fiber content also makes daliya easy to digest.
- Sprouts: Almost every guide to healthy eating promotes sprouts. As the name suggests, sprouts are lentils that have been germinated till they 'sprout' a root. This germination process makes them easy to digest by breaking down the nutrients into simple forms. Sprouts are rich in fiber, vitamin, minerals and proteins. They can be eaten raw or cooked depending on your preference.