Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShwetaYour feedback matters!
My grandson[Aged 14 months] recently had fever and got two seizures duration of 2 to five minutes with a span of 24 hrs .He was admitted to the ICU and is now discharged after staying for 24 hrs .Understand he had a throat infection and was on antibiotics. Now let me know if he is prone to seizures or it was one off and is common
Hi, My baby age 1 year and weight 9.2 kg. When she eat good or have feed. She pass stool immediately after the feed. She pass stool 6 to 8 times in a day. But it happens immediately after having food or feed. But she never cry that time she never feel any pain in stomach. What should I do?
I have a baby boy of age 5 months. His urinal point is not in appropriate place it situated below the penis. Please tell me what I do?
My son is 4 years suffered from high fever 103 so Dr. told to take blood test report was elevated wbc and crp. Wbc is 19000 and crp is 76. So he put him oñ antibiotics. For 7 days but after 2 days he is alright but now continuing the antibiotics. Dr. told to repeat the blood test but am very worried. I have google regarding end but it is shocking if elevated wbc is dangerous? Or only becoz of the fever the wbc is elevated? He is active and normal. Shall I repeat the test after 7 days. Is there anything serious ?
Symptoms and Treatments of Fibroids.
Hello friends! I’m Dr. Usha. M. Kumar. I’m Senior Consultant and Gynae Endoscopic Surgeon at Max Super Speciality Hospital. I want to discuss one very common problem is fibroids. Because when I sit in OPD, I see many patients of fibroids every day and this is a problem which usually happen to 40+ of women but it can happen to the young girls as well and you will be very surprised to know sometimes the fibroids are there in your womb and you don’t even come to know and you are going to the doctor with some other problem and when we advise ultrasound and all of a sudden we see there are the fibroids. It can be totally asymptotic as well but sometimes, in the young girls, if they are having fibroids, they can have the problems.
First of all, I would like to tell you very important thing, if you have fibroids, there is nothing to be scared of. Because fibroids, these are non-fleshy and basically non-cancerous tumour. So, fibroids if you have, it can cause problems in the terms suppose if it is inner line of uterus, this can cause difficulty in conception and if it is in the outer wall and it is very big in size , it can cause some pressure symptoms like you may have only the back ache or might you have to go many times to pass urine so, frequency of urine is more because of pressure of that fibroid and sometimes, if it is in the inner lining of uterus or in the middle layer of uterus, it can cause heavy periods which is a very common problem I’m usually facing and most of the women are facing they come to my OPD so if, the young girls or married young girls say 22-30 , 22-40 if they are having fibroid and they are having problem in the conception, treatment is very simple.
Now, the medical technology has become so much advanced so with the very small equipment , we can take out the fibroids without making any cut in the body, so this we call endoscopic surgery and basically I’m expert of endoscopic surgeries and if this fibroid is big in size and it’s causing heavy periods and it’s more than 3cm, you have taken medicine, nothing is helping you then, the option is , if you want to save your uterus, we can only remove fibroid again with the help of key hole surgery which we also call minimally invasive or laparoscopic surgery. So, it hardly makes , 0.5cm or 1cm of cut, we can take out any size of fibroid.
Only thing we have to use morcellator which can cut down the big size of the fibroid in the small pieces and I mean it’s a very wonderful surgery and people are surprised to know up to 8cm or 10 cm of fibroid can be removed with laparoscopic surgery. I would like to give you very important tip, fibroids, most of the time, they are genetically inherited and if your sister has got fibroid, or your mother has got fibroid then, you have little higher possibilities to have fibroid but, of course, the most important thing for all girls, all women, is taking balanced diet, taking more and more antioxidants in your food and do lots of exercise. This can prevent many of the problems in women and if you really happen to have such problem, you can contact me in Max Smart Super Speciality Hospital.
I’m sitting here every day or you can come to my clinic that’s Progeny in Dayanand Colony Lajpat Nagar 4. You can call me, you can check me and you can send your problems through Lybrate and then, you can send your queries. I can answer your queries or, otherwise, you can fix up an appointment with me in these two places. Thank You!
I have 1 year old child, he is under weight near about 2 kg from standards ,all other things are normal. Please suggest.
Hello doctor My son is one year old. More than a week he is suffering from loose stool. May I know why he is suffering like this problem. please send me clear answer.
Worms are intestinal parasites, which infest human beings and in addition some animals like dogs, cats and so forth. The most common are roundworms, stick worm, tape worm and snare worms. However, here are a few homoeopathic cures for the same:
- Cina [Cina]: For the patient who is irritable, crabby, has a wiped out pale face with circles under the eyes, grinds the teeth around evening time and has convulsions. There is canine appetite or variable hunger. The kid picks his nose and shouts out in his sleep. They tend to twitch their hands and feet and have milky urine. A detectable symptom is a pale blue shading around the mouth.
- Santonine. [Sant]: The alkaloid of Cina is additionally a solution for round worms. It is not a protected cure as Cina and not anymore adequate.
- Caladium [Calad]: Very effective when worms go over the perineum and get into the vagina in young ladies, with the tendency to excite arousal.
- Teucrium. [Teucr]: It is the solution for ascarids or pinworms. There is much disturbance brought about by them in the rectum. Although, it once in a while flops in this condition. Another solution for stick worms is Sinapis nigra.
- Pigelia. [Spig]: student jolting with the paleness of the face, blue circles around the eyes, blackout, sickened feeling with nauseated feeling about the navel brought on by the nearness of worms, shows the need of Spigelia. It has stools comprising of bodily fluid, faces and worms. Put a pinch on a cloth and breathe in till the time shivering and convulsions from the worms stop.
- Ignatia [Ign]: Is effective where the kid is highly energised and has tickling and itching at the butt.
- Indigo [Indg]: Is a solution for ascarids or string worms in melancholic youngsters, with extreme pain in the umbilical locale as well as convulsions from the worms.
- Sabadilla [Sabad]: For those who have worm symptoms like nausea, heaving and colic.
- Stannum. [Stann]: Stannum so stuns the worms that they are easily dislodged by laxatives. It has many worms’ symptoms including pale indented face and eyes encircled by blue rings, Sluggish smell, unpleasing odour, bad breath and inactive fever. Stannum is very helpful in this case.
- Calcarea [Calc]: Calcarea is a very effective remedy to get rid of ringworms as it kills them and they pass through the stool.
- Cuprum oxydatum nigrum. [Cupr-o]: This cure will expel a wide range of worms, cure trichinosis, and even tapeworms. One small cap in addition with Nux vomica four or five times each day for four to six weeks, which dependably promises to cure tapeworm without bringing on the patient any discomfort whatsoever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.