Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My cousin (child) just only 22 days, it cry many times, I thought that it has a gas problem,, I hope you will understand better, what can I do??
Hello Doctor. Actually my friend's baby is 30 day borned baby. Having a critical health issue which whatever intake of food/water immediately loose motioned. Now admitted and monitoring in intensive neonatal care unit and treatment going on. I just need to make clear what may be the issue. Very confused. Help me doctor.?
My 2years & 8 month old girl child has been coughing for few days. Her weight is 11Kg. I gave her tulsi & Honey now she is better than before. Our house is beside main road so we have some dust problem. Please suggest what to try.
My 3.5 years old Son is suffering from ACUTE TONSILITES, what is the BEST remedy except removing them, he is vomiting, hesitant to eat. Etc.
Hi I am a first time mother delivered baby girl by cesarean on 25th Dec. She was delivered at 37 weeks bcoz I had PIH n her birth wt was 2.350 kg she was on formula feed for first three days. I have inverted nipples n she is not able to latch on them so I m using nipple shield as well as breast pump and bottle feeding her I try to latch her on my nipples but she keeps crying and then goes to sleep What should I do now.
By birth, my son is suffering from tuberous sclerosis and due that he has so many issues like development delay, not able to speak, not social and almost all sign of autism. Please advice what treatment is available to recover from these issues. He is now of 4 year and we are sending him to play school so that he can mix with other kids. We also gave behavioral therapy for 4 months. Please advice.
What is ADHD?
ADHD refers to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is a brain-related condition found among preschoolers, children, teenagers and in many cases extends well into adulthood. These individuals have significant impairment in academics as well as social situations and interpersonal relations. The child has difficulty sustaining attention, phases of hyper activeness and cannot control his/her impulses which make their day to day life at school and home difficult.
The symptoms of this disorder among children can be categorized under three headings.
1.Hyperactivity which includes -
- Fidgets often
- Inability to stay at one place runs around and tries to climb things
- Trouble playing quietly
- Excessive talking
2. Inattention, which can be divided into symptoms like
- Getting easily distracted
- Tendency to loose things
- Facing problems related to organizing things
- Not listening carefully
- Forgetting about daily activities, carelessness
- Interrupts others as they speak and talks out of turn
- Answers questions without listening to what has been asked
- Not being able to wait for their turn to come
10-12% of school children before puberty are affected by one or more types of ADHD. ADHD especially hyperactivity is more prevalent in boys than in girls, with the ratio up to 9:1. Inattention and poor concentration are more commonly seen amongst girls. The rate of ADHD in parents and sibling of children with ADHD is 5-10 times higher than in the general population.
The probable causes of ADHD among children are,
1. Neurodevelopmental changes - Poorly developed activity of the brain particularly in the areas that control attention and concentration cause ADHD. This causes an imbalance in the neurotransmitters or the chemicals important for brain functioning and development.
2. Genetic Factors - genetic studies show that ADHD is largely hereditary in nature with a heritability of 75% approximately.
This is regarding my son. His dob iis 25/03/2002. Bt according to his age his growth is not satisfactory. His height is 139 cm. My wife n my height is 5" ft. I already visit to a doc in gangaram hospital. He took so many test n told tat there is no problem and his height will increase after adulteration. Can you suggest nythmg else.
What is time of teething in babies. My baby is 10 month old but no teeth yet should I worried? Please advise.
I got operated gall balder 2 year back, now I got stated with gastric problem, kindly suggest. I have visited gastrilogist in apple hospital too he has given one month medicine, in between it got stop again started. Kindly suggest.
When you have a newborn bundle of joy, no parent would be ready for constant crying bouts from the infant. However, for various reasons, even healthy, well-fed infants can be colicky.
What is it: Although a mystery, a baby is said to be colicky if it cries for more than 3 hours a day for more than 3 days a week for more than 3 weeks at a stretch. The baby is completely healthy, and the symptoms start about 2 to 3 weeks of life in both breast-fed and bottle-fed babies. The baby usually has a red face from crying and could be pulling its legs towards its chest due to the abdominal discomfort.
Causes: Though still not exactly established, some things that are believed to cause colic include:
- The baby's digestive system that is growing and goes through spasms
- Extreme sensitivity to noise and light in the surrounding environment
- Accumulation of gas in the belly that is ingested with the milk (breast or bottles)
- Hormones that are supposedly affecting the baby's moods
Treatment: As there is no specific cause identified, the treatment is also symptomatic and aims at soothing the baby's pain and discomfort.
- Altered feeding: Given that a baby's tummy is very small and is about the size of a fist, it makes sense to feed it small amounts at regular intervals than to give a full feed once in like 4 to 5 hours. The baby is sure to feel full with this and therefore the discomfort. Burping between the feed is also shown to help avoid feeling of fullness. If you are breast feeding, try to not let the baby doze off when feeding.
- Anti-colic bottles: These bottles have a vent inside the bottle which will help reduce the accumulation of gas within the bottle. There are various brands available in the market, these could be a good solution if the baby is even partially bottle-fed.
- Simethicone: This is an anti-flatulent, which again helps eliminate gas bubbles in the stomach and thereby provides relief to the infant. It can be given either by a dropper or a syringe.
- Exercise: Try bending the legs at the knee and holding it towards the baby's stomach, this can help ease the pain.
Remember that this is a very transient thing and usually disappears on its own by the 4th month, and the above measures are only to help the baby and the mother.
Hello doctors My baby in six month & we have started DAAL WATER. Request pls confirm whether we can add CURD in daily routine or guide what other diets which can add parallel to mother feed.
My son is 4 months old and he has developed cold and running nose since 1 month. I went to a doctor thrice. For first two times he told that your son' s chest is clear then prescribed saline drops but it doesn' t work. For the third time I changed the doctor and he prescribed koforist and its also not worked still my baby has running nose, cough and feels like he has bulgum in his tract. Please help me
Asthma is controllable and not curable, as it is due to chronic inflammation of air tubes which lead to hyper responsiveness of airways to external factors. It may go into remission. Use of laba and ICS combination by inhalation with spacer in most cases is able to control symptoms of asthma that is wheeze, chest tightness, cough and breathlessness. Once the symptoms are under control, then patient can take maintenance dose of ICS by inhalation with spacer to keep the inflammation in the airways under control. Avoid tigers of asthma like extreme of temperature change, dust, smoke, pollution and allergens.