Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta KokaneYour feedback matters!
My lower gums have receded leading to lose of strength of my teeth and gums. Is it possible to bring them up once again so that my teeth gets stronger.
Sir I have problem in my teeth its take pain after 2to 3 hours interval so please tell me medicine for this issue.
I am 25 year old, male. My problem is in my tongue. There are a black hairy. Both side of my tongue. I have no any problem of this. Bt I frusted by this. What is this?
Sir, I am operated patient of an acoustic schawnnoma. Also got facial palsy to the right side of face after operation. Sir I have been facing the problem of foul smelling through my mouth since last 10 year. As mouth is smelling badly, someone conclude that something is going wrong in the body. But no any gastroenterologist could cure it. L have gone through several near all abdomen tests like gastroscopy. Also l got consulted by an ENT specialist, Dentist, but no solution. I observed number of times that. It is due to constipation. parallelly I have" huge" problem of acidity. May be because of it. Sir. if it is possible for you to cure & find the origin of problem then I will definitely come. Please. Wish you advice & guide me properly to get this foul smelling from mouth cured permanently.
I have pain in my mouth when I eat spicy food my dentist has told me that I have osmf. What should i do?
I fall in down my front of me one teeth was fall fully immediately I consult the doctor she join same teeth oh my mouth with 2 hour for incident. This is correct treatment? That teeth stay permanently? Sorry sir do not know full english so please adjust and help me.
I have little white mark on tongue. When I eat my food it felt too much chill then other part. What is this?
Hi I have recently done Root Canal for one of my teeth (Molar at bottom-left mandibular 2nd molar. I want to have the idea which tooth cap should I use for my teeth as there are many brands. I am planning to use zinconia tooth caps but confused about which brand should I use. Please suggest.
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.
I am of 19 years old i am getting white hair and my gums are bleeding what I suppose to do? Please tell me.
Pain may be the last symptom of the disease began much earlier.
Periodontal (gum) diseases may be painless .
So consult dentist as early as possible to avoid lengthy and costly treatment.
Dr.Jignesh C Patel
Deep Dental & Homeopathic Clinic