Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shushma BansariYour feedback matters!
I have problem of vaginal white discharge and due to that I am having pain in my stomach pls tell some remedies to stop this discharge.
Of a million sperms released in one ejaculation, a single sperm manages to fertilize the egg, which grows into an embryo and then a baby. Due to various reasons, when this does not happen, it is termed as infertility and is currently on the rise.
With In-vitro fertilization (IVF), couples sometimes go through multiple sessions to ensure fertilization. ICSI or intracytoplasmic sperm injection improved this chance of fertilization. It is where a single sperm is used to fertilize an egg in an artificially controlled environment and then injected into the uterus where it grows further.
The next step in this technique is IMSI, where the chances of successful pregnancy are further enhanced and also promises improved quality of the embryo. IMSI, as it stands for, has “morphologically selected” which means under a highly powerful microscope, the best sperms are selected and then used to fertilize the egg. Morphology stands for shape, and the shape of the sperm is a direct indicator of the sperm quality. This not just ensures good success rate but also ensures the sperm which is used produces a high-quality embryo.
- High success rate of fertility
- Reliable and efficient method of ART (assisted reproductive technology)
- More expensive than traditional IVF methods or ICSI
- Requires complex equipment, training, and set-up
- Useful in couples who have failed IVF previously
- Male infertility with unidentifiable cause
- Poor sperm quality
What to expect?
Both partners are prepared both physically and mentally prior to IMSI.
Before the procedure - men:
- A screening is first done to decide if the sperms can be used directly
- In case of hereditary diseases, a donor is preferred
- The first technical step involves sperm collection, either directly or through a donor
- Sperms are collected either through masturbation or through a small incision in the testicles
- Sperms used could be fresh or frozen; fresh ones may be stored for later use also
Before the procedure – women:
- The woman is put on some ovulation therapy to ensure the release of multiple eggs, so a good one is picked. These high doses of hormones ensure multiple eggs are released.
- Egg release is monitored through blood and urine tests
- They are collected within after 36 hours of release
During the IMSI procedure:
- A healthy egg is chosen and placed in a glass container containing hyaluronidase
- Sperms are placed in a medium which will slow their movement, which enables picking a good sperm for fertilization
- The dual advantage of this is that in addition to a high success rate of fertilization, the quality of the embryo is also assured
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Dr. sir, Mai pregnancy kai 17th week mai hoon but mai aur mere husband safe pregnancy kai karan intercource nhi kr rehai. Os ki jagha fore play krtai hain aur esi foreplay mai hi mera satisfaction ho jata hai aur Mera fluid nikal jata hai poora. TU mai Yeh poocha cha rehi hoon ki es fluid discharge sai meri pregnancy per koi effect tu ni hoga. Hum week mai four time aisa kr laitai hain. please mere es doughts ko door kijiai plz
I am Dr Meera Sethi, senior consultant at Kirat Ram hospital.I will be taking about PCOS which is a common disease these days in reproductive age group in girls. Coming to the syndromic approach, PCOS comprised of triad of an evolution, that is, excess of male hormone and can be diagnosed by ultrasound. Two of the 3 symptoms should be there to come confirm PCOS. Cause of PCOS is unknown, it could be genetic or environmental. If one of the siblings is effected then chances are high for the other child as well. There are prolonged and delayed cycles. Girls menstruate upto to 9 times in a year. The could be missed periods for upto 2 months or heavy periods at other times. Scanty flow could also be there. There could be excessive weight gain, unusual hair growth especially facial hair and acne. The scalp hair get sparse and thin.
Examination is done with detailed history BP, BMI are all taken into account. Depression and anxiety are also a sometimes present in PCOS patients, the long term effect includes unable to get pregnant.
Treatment is done with proper diagnosis like blood test, serum level test, TSH, LFH and accordingly treatment plan is decided. Pelvic ultrasonography might be required in some cases to check for cyst in the ovaries. Lifestyle changes are also suggested like losing weight. Atleast 10 pounds of weight is list to bring hormones in balance.
Diet should include green veggies, fat free food avoiding cheese and oily and fried food. Medical treatment is also required in some cases to curb excessive hair growth and acne. It takes time for acne and excessive growth to come in check as hormonal balance requires time. The patient should take regular follow-ups and undergo lab tests and sonography to avoid long term problems.
Thank you so much
My age is 29 I am trying my second baby but not conceived my Tsh is 9.260 T3 is 3.29 and T4 is 1.22 Is this is the reason for I am not conceive.
In year 2015, I missed my periods for 5 consecutive months. I consulted a gynaecologist. She recommended a lower abdomen ultrasound. Some cysts were present on the right ovary. I was put on medicine trapic for a few days to get menstruating which I did for a good 15 days after which I have to take primoulnet to stop them. Then I was put on medical for 3 months and then another ultrasound was done. I was diagnosed with PCOD. By then I had started gaining and lose weight. Periods got normal for 2-3 months. Then problem started again. The entire process as repeated. Till Dec 2016 several times ultrasounds were one. Then finally a MRI scan was done coupled by blood test AFP, BETA HCG, ca 125. Blood test results were negative. After seeing my MRI report doctor concluded that I might have tuberculosis of lymph nodes and has prescribed a chest X-ray and a skin test. I have lost a total of 32 kgs till now. I do not take any hormones. What should I do now. please help. I again missed my periods.
I have ovarian cysts my menstruation start in 2015 I am 14 years old please what I can do for it is abdomen says that slightly enlarged et ovary with multiple follicles.
After every hour, take mini-breaks from your work desk and do some stretches to loosen your shoulder and neck muscles and shift position.
I got married in June 2014. After marriage due to some fear of sex my wife can not penetrate my penis in her vagina with her hand. Also some family problem we can not do the intercourse continuously. That time my wife mc was also not regular. That time my all sperm not went to vagina. But now my wife do the sex properly means fearless. Also her mc also regular my all sperm going to vagina . My semen report also normal . My wife penetrate my penis in her vagina this is normal. Also we are doing sex properly from the last three month. We require any treatment. Or we will get good news after some few month. Please reply.
I have pcos and have been trying to conceive for 3 years. This month my periods are delayed by 10 days, my breasts are tender and currently I have notice dry vagina. Am I pregnant?
You may think that it is just a harmless drink or two at the end of the day to help you relax. it's just a few drinks when you get together with friends. or it's just that you need to get rid of the office stress. We all need to catch a break sometimes, which makes our favorite brand of drink our best friend. Trouble starts when 'a drink or two' moves to a level where you can't hold the drink anymore. It affects your ability to think straight and take decisions that you may regret in retrospect. Alcoholism not only has serious health consequences but also can ruin your life and relationships. Don't tread down the path of self destruction, or this is what you'll find:
- Conflict: It is not a coincidence that fights are common when one or both partners are caught up with alcohol abuse. It is said that if there is too much alcohol in your system, it hampers with your ability to make rational decisions. It allows you to become inconsiderate about others, and give more importance your addiction over their requirements. It, to an extent, numbs you to what others feel, and makes you drink even more.
- Financial loss: Alcohol costs money. And the more you spend to keep up with your addiction, the more money flows out of your monthly household expenses, monthly savings and retirement plans. And this money literally goes down the drain. Like any other addiction, once you start alcohol abuse, you need it everyday. Drinking may go on to impact your ability to hold on to your job as no one will eventually want to hire someone who has alcohol on their breath at 9 am during client meetings. Alcohol is a strict restriction in certain professions where you may put other people at risk. At the very best, you'll be left with a warning. At the worst, you'll lose your job and end up with no work and no money to support your addiction.
- Accident prone: In 2014, 9,967 people died in drunk driving crashes - one every 53 minutes. This may sound only like a statistic to you - until you speak to the families who lost their loved ones or have to see them suffer through loss of limbs or brain function to bear lifelong suffering. And as far as you are concerned, you may end up seeing the wrong end of a prison. Such things have a profound impact on your relationship - many of which fail to last through the ordeal.
- Infidelity: You've seen it a thousand times in movies - which actually might get reflected in reality, if you wake up next to someone whose name you don't know.
- Infertility: Alcohols and babies don't mix. Too much alcohol intake can stop women from making and keeping a baby.
- Divorce: An alcoholic husband or wife is a valid ground of mental trauma applicable in a divorce.
According to doctor prescribed, I used to intake Hempuspa tablet and syrup in daytime and ovabless Health supplement tablets with M2-tone syrup at night time in order to conceive a baby. .here I wanted to know is I am going right towards it or not. Please suggest could I be pregnant soon or not.
In the 18th century, most of the diseases were treated by bleeding a patient along with administration of laxatives. These treatments were termed as heroic treatments. The heroism was only of the patients who suffered at the hands of such interventions.
Homeopathy is an alternative medicine which was created by Samuel Hahnemann, in the 18th century, who was disgusted with the conventional treatment. He postulated homeopathy's "Law of Similars", which states that a substance which can treat the symptoms of a disease can also induce symptoms in a healthy person. This was based on his theory of eating cinchona bark a source of quinine, which was used to treat malaria. After he consumed that, he experienced the symptoms of malaria.
Homeopathy is considered to be controversial because of Hahnemann's postulate of the Law of Potentization, which states that homeopathic medicines become strong with more dilution.
If one must really believe in homeopathy then they need to know that it does not have a placebo effect. This has been proved by some strong examples. As per WHO, homeopathy is considered as the world's second largest point of care for healthcare. England's Royal family is also a strong supporter of homeopathy. Britain has placed homeopathy on their National Health system. In Britain, 45% doctors do not shy away from referring their patients to homeopathic medicine. There are many people across the world that trust only homeopathic medicines over allopathic medicines.
There is an increasing trend in the conventional doctors using homeopathic remedies. Also, in European countries the doctors prefer to refer patients to physicians who practice homeopathy. Homeopathy is slowly taking over the world. A random research showed that 45% British conventional physician along with 39% of French family physicians and 20% of German physicians are using homeopathic remedies. Also, 10% of Italian physicians use these remedies.
Despite, its increasing trend in Britain, it is not so well accepted in the United States. As per a report by Harvard, homeopathy only accounts for 0.5% of usage in the United States.
Related Tip: "Debunking 5 Myths Of Homeopathy"
My girl friend is 25 yrs old. She had cysts on left ovary. She had operation (laparoscopy). 90% of that ovary removed. Now after 2 yrs it seems like right ovary also has cysts small one. Now recently her period stops for 3 months. And she noticed that a small tumour like feeling on her waist (don't know it is related to that cyst or not). But both the cysts were investigated and it is non cancerous. Please suggests something. Waist tumour like something has no pain.
I had a love marriage. My husband has a dark complexion, while I am of wheatish golden color. My mother-in-law, like every other typical Indian family, was preoccupied with the color of my skin and desired a light-skinned grandchild. She was convinced that my child would have a dark complexion, due to my wheatish skin color. A country like ours places a huge importance on fair skin and because of this I was determined to protect my child from the distress of being put through ‘fairness tests’ throughout his/her life.
The ‘Natural Brite Kit’ was the perfect solution and it saved me. It only required me to follow specific diet patterns and the intake of certain oral supplements in the sixth month of my pregnancy. And luckily, some months later, a daughter with fair, light skin was born to me. My mother-in law was very happy, all thanks to the ‘Natural Brite Kit’.
This case is only one of the many victories of ‘Natural Brite Kit’, from the large number of people who have used it successfully. This treatment includes the use of herbal treatment and bach flower in its remedies, and comes under Ayurvedic treatment. Not only is it an agent for cleansing, but it also conducts a purification of the body.
This treatment must be administered over a period of one month before the sixth month of pregnancy. The result is that your baby develops fair and smooth skin. The ideology of Ayurveda is that the body can be healed by maintaining a balance of the natural forces within it. And thus, this herbal medication includes healing powers. Ayurveda is an ancient science that boasts of vast aptitude and knowledge in preventive remedies as well as effective therapy.
Though we do not wish to portray dark skin as any being less than fair skin, in this country, fair skin is viewed as an asset. The fact that relatives ask if the infant is fair skinned or not is just one example that proves this point. This medication assures the child better opportunities and an improved present as well as future.
Is this form of treatment safe?
An all encompassing trial was taken of 1200 pregnant women, who were administered with both, a naturopathic diet as well as Bach flower. With a 97% success rate, a study of over five years resulted in 1169 of 1200 women giving birth to fair skinned babies.
What are the contents of the ‘Natural Brite Kit’?
A booklet of literature on this topic
The booklet is an extensive source of data about the principles and mechanisms of action of the “Ayurveda and Bach flower therapy”, the panel of doctors as well as the details of prescriptions for oral supplements.
The herbal medications in the package include:
Apple Grow Pills
What is the process of treatment?
The aim of the treatment is the gestation period for pregnant women in the 6th month. The procedure of this form of treatment includes a rigidly controlled diet. Dressing in dark colored clothing is prohibited during this period and overexposure to the sun should be avoided at all costs; these rules should be observed strictly. Along with this, certain supplementary intakes are a must. The details of how to use them are mentioned in the booklet and the supplements have been divided into three different parts.
What would be the expected Results?
A healthy baby with light colored skin.
Mensuration is not coming. Its already been 5 days. Last month also my mensuration was delay for 10 days I consulted to doctor harpreet kaur cmc hospital. She took my hormonal test. Reports was normal she gave some medicine for mensuration. When mensuration came she took scanning everything was normal. Even I am not getting pregnant its already been 7-8 month of my marriage we do not even take precautions.
Male infertility is characterized by irregular sperm function or reduced sperm count. There are a host of causes that may lead to infertility in men such as lifestyle choices and obesity.
The various symptoms of infertility in men are:
- You may experience lumps or swellings in the testicles
- You may have chronic respiratory problems
- You may experience low libido
- You may have ejaculation disorders
- Impaired sense of smell
- Chromosomal complications such as reduced body hair
- Your sperm count may be low
The reasons of infertility may range from medical causes to lifestyle choices; some of the causes may be related to the environment. A common cause of infertility is due to problems with transportation of the sperm. These are mainly due to blockages in the tubes that carry the sperm.
The various reasons for infertility in men are:
- Infection: Various infections such as inflammation of the testicles and epididymis, which causes blockage of the tubes carrying the sperm can be a cause.
- Varicocele: This condition is characterized by swelling of the veins that are connected to the testicle. This condition is known to change the normal temperature of the testicles, thus leading to complications in sperm production.
- Hormonal imbalances: Various hormonal problems such as complications of the hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenal glands may lead to low testosterone levels in the body.
- Problems in sexual intercourse: Problems such as erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation are reasons why you may have infertility.
- Medications: Various medications such as using anabolic steroids, antifungal medications and chemotherapy may hamper production of the sperm and thus reduce your fertility.
- Radiation exposure: If you have been exposed to radiation such as x-rays, your sperm production may be impaired, thus causing infertility. However, this condition can be reversed if you are no longer exposed to the radiation.
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking: Both alcohol and cigarettes may cause problems in sperm production, and cause erectile dysfunction. Excessive drinking may lead to complications in the liver resulting in infertility.
- Obesity: If you are overweight, then it's time to lose those extra kilos. Obesity leads to a number of health problems, one of them being erectile dysfunction.