Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shurti Bhankar
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shurti BhankarYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor, I was using specs for around 8 years and i removed it.But i have dark circles around my eyes.What should i do to remove it.
My aunt from last 3 to 4 months always feels tired and sleeps. almost all the tests related to heart, kidney, lungs are done and she doesn't have diabetes also. Doctor said there is some infection in stomach infection and prescribed tablets, but after taking tablets arebthere is no cure. She always complains of feeling tired. What maybe the issue.
I am 31 years old male. I am suffering from dry cough for one year. There is no pain in my throat. But some times I feel irritation inside my throat. Please help me.
What are the treatment of fissure piles. Tell about latest technology of surgery and famous hospitals of piles.
Dear sir, I am 51 years house wife. 4 years back I got the l5 place replaced (operation done at sunshine hospital, secunderabad. Operation conducted & done by Dr. Naresh). This is for your information. Since last year I got the urinal problem. Now resolved with Dr. Hegde treatment. After that I am feeling very uneasy due to left portion of the body is getting timmirulu. Also unable to get the trepulu/avulintalu. Yesterday night suddenly lot of breathing problem and left portion of the body problem. Please advise me correct solution to get the good health.
I am suffering from dry cough for last 3 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard can you suggest what should be done?
Hello I'm 22 years old by studying my symptoms in internet I came to know that I having a Pilonidal sinus. What I have to do now.
Piles or haemorrhoids are swollen veins in the rectum or anus. They can have a lot of possible causes, but the exact reason is still unknown. The one most common reason that researchers cite is the excessive straining during bowel movement and increased pressure on the veins during pregnancy. Some of the common signs of this condition include discomfort, bleeding, and itching. A clot can be witnessed occasionally. There could be swelling around the anus as well.
How is piles diagnosed?
Doctors often recognize this condition just by doing a physical exam of the rectum. By lubricating the glove and inserting a finger into the rectum, a doctor can gauge any unusual growth around the rectum area. A doctor might also use a sigmoidoscopy or a proctoscopy to witness the lower portion of the colon. Apart from this, a doctor might prescribe a colonoscopy, if he fathoms that there is a possibility of colorectal cancer or a disease related to the digestive system.
Treatment of piles
- Medication: In case of mild discomfort, a doctor might prescribe over-the-counter pads, ointments, creams or suppositories. Products such as these contain lidocaine, witch hazel or hydrocortisone that can relieve a person from itching and pain. One should stop consuming over-the-counter medicine, if there is no change in the condition.
- Haemorrhoid thrombectomy: If a clot has appeared along with a pile in the rectum, a doctor can remove it by making an incision and draining the clot. This can fetch instant relief. The best time to do this is within 72 hours of clot formation.
- Minimally invasive procedures:
- Rubber band litigation: This form of surgery involves placing of a couple of rubber band at the base of the piles to cut off blood circulation. In due course, the haemorrhoids fall off. Although this form of treatment works for many people, the patient has the risk of bleeding within few days of placing the rubber band.
- Sclerotherapy: This form of treatment involves injecting a chemical into the haemorrhoid. The chemical shrinks the piles within few days. There is hardly any pain involved with sclerotherapy.
- Surgical procedure:
- Haemorrhoidectomy: This is the process by which a surgeon eradicates the excess tissue that might be causing the piles. The patient is sedated before performing this procedure. Some amount of pain is experienced after the procedure is over. The temporary difficulty of urination can be faced by a patient after this procedure.
- Stapled hemorrhoidopexy: This surgery is only performed for internal haemorrhoids. The process involves blocking the blood supply. The process of stapling has less pain compared to a Haemorrhoidectomy. On the flip side, studies have shown that this procedure has an increased chance of recurrence of haemorrhoids.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!